ESPN's Who's Now

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
This ESPN Who's Now contest is really really really boring and ridiculous. Everyday they waste air-time on it.
Keyshawn, Wilbon, some blonde-tipped-hair guy, and the ever disturbing to look at STU scott (Yuck) debate "Who's Now".
It's just another lazy production piece that boils down to a list. And I guess people are actually spending text fees to weigh in.

I don't even understand it, how can a RB who doesn't even have a "face" in the sport beat a global star/tabloid star like Beckham and his hot wife?
Is it just who's the 'coolest cat' out there? Why are they doing this?

The Complete Bracket

MICHAEL JORDAN BRACKET
July 1: (1) Tiger Woods def. (8) Matt Leinart
July 2: (4) Dwyane Wade def. (5) Shaun White
July 3: (2) LaDainian Tomlinson def. (7) David Beckham
July 4: (3) Steve Nash def. (6) Serena Williams

MUHAMMAD ALI BRACKET
July 5: (1) Peyton Manning vs (8) Amanda Beard
July 6: (4) Dale Earnhardt Jr vs (5) Chuck Liddell
July 7: (2) Alex Rodriguez vs (7) Terrell Owens
July 8: (3) Kobe Bryant vs (6) Ronaldinho

BILLIE JEAN KING BRACKET
July 9: (1) LeBron James vs (8) Kelly Slater
July 10: (4) Jeff Gordon vs (5) Barry Bonds
July 11: (2) Derek Jeter vs (7) Sidney Crosby
July 12: (3) Reggie Bush vs (6) Danica Patrick

BABE RUTH BRACKET
July 13: (1) Tom Brady vs (8) David Ortiz
July 14: (4) Maria Sharapova vs (5) Vince Young
July 15: (2) Roger Federer vs (7) Tony Parker
July 16: (3) Shaquille O'Neal vs (6) Michael Phelps

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
I don't even understand it, how can a RB who doesn't even have a "face" in the sport beat a global star/tabloid star like Beckham and his hot wife?
L.T. is the best RB in all of football and Beckham is well past his prime, that's how.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
because its baseball season. BOOOOOOOOOOORING!

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
The Billy Jean King Bracket?

blech. Yeah, she is in the same class as those other 3.....

JerseyMeatHook

"O and A all the way, thats what I say"
Jun 8, 2005
Westchester, NY
so stupid and pointless! ESPN is so caught up in stupid gimmicks: Budweiser hot seat, Coors six pack, etc..Then you get a wonderfull 5 second highlight of a game thanks.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
so stupid and pointless! ESPN is so caught up in stupid gimmicks: Budweiser hot seat, Coors six pack, etc..Then you get a wonderfull 5 second highlight of a game thanks.
That's what I mean.
I'll watch a game live and then I'll see the highlights on ESPN and they won't show more than like 2 plays and then the final out or hit.
I'm always like wow they didn't even show that 3run homerun or that play at the plate???

They've got to move it along so Steve Phillips can pretend to be the the Gm for EVERY team, that's right Steve keep pretending. Or so Sean Salsbury can do his hack bit with the dorky guy in glasses.

ESPN stinks

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Well, he DID do a good job of GMing the Mets.

Wait, what?
I don't know a lot about Phillips, and think he's a goon, but didn't he get Piazza, Ventura, and Leiter to name a few?
Then again aren't the Mets still paying Mo Vaughn?

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
I can't stand Sports Center in general anymore. I'll watch Baseball Tonight, NFL Live and other specific recap shows like that, but no more regular Sports Center. I agree with anyone that calls ESPN the "Boo ya Network".

OandA_Chris

Let's Go Isles
Aug 21, 2002
Long Island,NY
I grew up watching SportsCenter every morning so now its more of a habit then anything else but really what else is there to watch. If you get atleast one useful bit of sports news a morning it is worth watching more then the Today show or something,

highfive

I like you. Do you like me?
Aug 10, 2004
NYC
Sportcenter Sucks and so does this stupid gimmick....I need to listen to 5 minutes of Why Peyton Manning has more "now" appeal than Amanda Beard?

So f'ng stupid. Winner:

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
i agree this is a boring piece, couldn't find anything else to discuss I suppose

StickyKeyboard

Palms Need a Trimming
Dec 6, 2004
Westwood, NJ
Yeah I turn it off everytime the segment comes on. This type of feature would be more approriate in February when football is over, baseball hasnt started it, and basketball and hockey are in the middle of their meaningless regular seasons.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I grew up watching SportsCenter every morning so now its more of a habit then anything else but really what else is there to watch. If you get atleast one useful bit of sports news a morning it is worth watching more then the Today show or something,
I grew up on it too, but at nights I'm now starting to watch FSN's Final Score
It doesn't have a lot of filler.

OandA_Chris

Let's Go Isles
Aug 21, 2002
Long Island,NY
I like SNY for people from the NY area they do alot of great stuff, just not during the day its all paid programming.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
I put sportscenter on for more then 5 mins yesterday before the Derby for the first time in a long time. This thing came on. What the hell is the point of it? They went thought a thing where they showed highlights of Lebron James and the guy he was 'facing' Kelly Slater.
Why?

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
I think this might of been the reason Dan Patrick decided to leave. Even he couldn't put up with the nonsense they are trying to force down our throats.

LBF

Banned
Jun 18, 2005
West Tennessee
Is the blonde tipped hair guy Kirk Herbstreit? Since when does being a 1 year starter at Ohio State (when they weren't very good, 8-3-1 his season as starter) qualify someone to be on my fucking TV every day??

And this "competition" sucks more cock than John Amache.

Mar 17, 2006
ESPN has sucked since they decided to become Yo! ESPN Raps a few years ago.

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
This contest is stupid and gay. And Norton23 must have been pulling his hair out last week with Tom Brady vs Big Poppi. Which way does a Chowd vote on that?