Esquire ad about HBO on 202

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
Has anybody heard the ad for Esquire magazine on 202 puting down Lucky Louie? They say this new comedy,whatever it is "HBO'S newest attempt at converting stand-up comedy to a half-hour series is everything its last effort, the mercifully canceled Lucky Louie, wasn't: funny." Then they go on to describe some scene that sounds like it came out of some piece of crap WB show.
http://www.esquire.com/features/television/Conchords0707

brista21

Nappy Headed Ho
Oct 31, 2006
Elmwood Park, NJ
Haven't heard it but Flight of the Choncords is beyond awful. Lucky Louie I'll be honest wasn't amazing but it was funny week in and week out and felt it deserved a shot at round two to see where it could go. And I'm not just saying it because I think Jimmy and Louis are funny comics.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Flight of the Conchords looks like a complete ripoff of Tenacious D with two shitdicks as the leads.

Jun 29, 2005
MA
But the Flight of the Conchords have british accents. IT HAS TO BE FUNNY!

kid afrika

Apr 7, 2001
Old Bridge, NJ
But the Flight of the Conchords have british accents. IT HAS TO BE FUNNY!
Actually, they're from New Zealand. The show isn't very funny, I agree. It's basically skits based on their comedy special as far as I've seen.

The guys themselves are pretty funny, but you're right... They are NO Tenacious D.

M

mdr33173

I love Jimmy and Louie and actually bought 3 copys of the dvd (hoping if we bought enough they would bring it back), but Flight of the Conchords is one of the funnier things that I have seen in a long time. I believe it has done a good job of keeping viewers from entourage.

Zillax0rz

Fagor, King of Fags, Ruler of Fagonia
Jun 1, 2006
Flight of the Conchords is my new favorite show. It is flat-out hilarious. It is the most dry humor you'll ever see. Completely different kind of humor than Lucky Louie, but I can find the comedy in both.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Flight of the Conchords is a good show...It's very dry...and can't say i laughed anymore at LL then Conchords...at least so far.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Flight of the Conchords seems like a decent show, be mad at the writer of the article.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I watched a little bit of a couple of episodes of Flight of the Conchords, and I can't say it was all that funny. There were a couple funny bits in it, but most of it made me think, "I think that's where they want me to laugh." I definitely would never say it's funnier than Lucky Louie.

And if that spot's running on 202 (I haven't heard it, but I guess some of you have), then fuck whoever at XM allowed that to be run on that channel. How about showing just a tiny bit of respect for Jimmy and Louis and not running an ad that puts down their former show? Run that shit on another channel, shitdicks. And why does Esquire need to run an ad putting down any show?