Ethel on XM sucks

AlbanyGreatDane

But Enough Of This Palaver...
Oct 4, 2004
Westchester, NY
BUMP...

This station is just as bad as it fucking was a year ago...

Songs played 5 times a day.

I can go on and on.

...MOD NOTE... Split to new thread. Please DO NOT bump threads that old.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Where are the obscure 90's bands? I want to hear Orbit, Hum, Machines of Loving Grace, Stabbing Westward, God Lives Underwater, etc.

the_ba

Dierks! Get to the chopper! Daah ahhh!!
Jan 18, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
Where are the obscure 90's bands? I want to hear Orbit, Hum, Machines of Loving Grace, Stabbing Westward, God Lives Underwater, etc.
Finally!! Another Machines of Loving Grace fan out there! Most underrated band ever! I've never heard any of their music on XM. Squizz goes through phases where they'll play a decent amount of Stabbing Westward. The only GLU song I've ever heard on XM is From Your Mouth and the only Hum song I've ever heard on XM is Stars. Another band I've never heard on any of the XM stations is KMFDM. As far as industrial bands go, they're pretty damn big. I'm surprised I've never heard them on the air.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
BUMP...

This station is just as bad as it fucking was a year ago...

Songs played 5 times a day.

I can go on and on.
You bumped a 2 year old thread to say ethel sucks? Fair enough.

stillbornstew

blogging loser
Jul 26, 2005
NOLA
i could give a fuck about anything else on xm. 202. thats it. if i'm not listening to the boys, the unit is turned off.:action-sm

Aug 11, 2005
well if they get rid of it they'll have to rename the other two like umm
mary ann, ginger, mrs. howell or
beaver, whitey, larry or
rerun, roger,dawayne or ...

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
Doesn't Stabwalt (from Stabbing Westward) have a show on Ethel? And for Industrial there's a show on Fungus that plays KMFDM.

Not You

Monkey House of D-Sippers
Feb 28, 2005
Philly

If they were going to play these bands, it would most likely be on Lucy or Fred. My problem with Ethel is that they play many of the same songs that Lucy and Squizz plays and they do replay songs way too much per day. I wish these channels were more mutually exclusive.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Doesn't Stabwalt (from Stabbing Westward) have a show on Ethel? And for Industrial there's a show on Fungus that plays KMFDM.
I have all of those bands plugged into Xamp and my Inno and the only one that has ever popped up is Hum's Stars. I like the song but give me a fucking break. They do have a few more songs than that. I thought the point of XM was to hear shit you wouldn't normally hear. I have Rush plugged in too and only hear them once in a while. XM programming is pretty gay. I'm not sure if that guy from Stabbing Westward has his own show or not. I know he has another band out called The Dreaming which is pretty damn good.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Kingston is the PD for Ethel and all of his FM faults shine through with weak repetitive playlists and complete lack of understanding of what a PAY service should give it's customers.

IMO, he's still taking payola from his record company "buddy's" to push SHIT music.

Well if all you listen to is Boneyard and Liquid Metal I'm pretty sure nothing they could possibly play on Ethel you'll like. I mean to each their own, but music is more than just Iron Maiden, KISS and Sabbath.

There are other things out there.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
XMU is all I listen to besides 202. I gave up on Ethel, it used to kick ass when I first got XM 2 1/2 years ago, but now it's all the same shit.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I have all of those bands plugged into Xamp and my Inno and the only one that has ever popped up is Hum's Stars. I like the song but give me a fucking break. They do have a few more songs than that. I thought the point of XM was to hear shit you wouldn't normally hear. I have Rush plugged in too and only hear them once in a while. XM programming is pretty gay. I'm not sure if that guy from Stabbing Westward has his own show or not. I know he has another band out called The Dreaming which is pretty damn good.
Squizz has been playing The Dreaming lately....or at least one of their songs ("Dead to Me"). They have a new album coming out some time in the near future, so maybe we'll get lucky and some XM PD will get a fucking clue and play their stuff.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Squizz has been playing The Dreaming lately....or at least one of their songs ("Dead to Me"). They have a new album coming out some time in the near future, so maybe we'll get lucky and some XM PD will get a fucking clue and play their stuff.
We'll see but as far as rock goes, I think it is on its last legs. Not enough people care anymore.