Europe is completely fucking useless: Bigger Government for ALL!!!

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Defend this...anyone. Please, I'm asking you to do so...

Swedish woman banned from smoking in her yard because neighbour is allergic

Daily Mail UK said:
Swedish woman banned from smoking in her yard because neighbour is allergic

A Swedish woman has been banned from smoking in her own back garden because her neighbour is allergic to cigarette smoke.

The cigarette row has rocked the city of Akarpin in southern Sweden, where the Environment Court banned Ingela Olofsson from smoking in her yard after hearing that her neighbour - Michael Berggren, a lawyer - has to wear an oxygen mask when walking from the house to the car.

"This is insane," Olofsson said.

The row started when the lawyer bought the house next to Olofsson three years ago. Berggren says that he initially asked her to smoke somewhere else than next to his garden.

But the woman did not stop smoking, and the bemused city has watched as the friendly neighbourhood atmosphere degenerated into a catfight.

The neighbours stopped talking to each other and recently all the communication between them has occurred via their legal representatives - and the media.

"We have no other choice to enter or exit our house but passing the garden path that faces your house and we can therefore no longer accept that you poison our lives with your disgusting and unhealthy tobacco smoke," the lawyer wrote in an angry letter to Olofsson.

"The best thing is for you to quit," he added.

Olofsson also received a letter from Berggren's legal representative who informed her that the lawyer "had not been able to open the windows in two years due to the awful smell coming from the neighbour's yard produced by the tobacco smoke".

Berggren even claimed that he was forced to wear an oxygen mask when walking from the house to his car in the mornings and the evenings. He said that without the mask it took only seconds for the effects of the smoke to take hold, leaving him struggling for breath.

Surprised neighbours and friends have spotted Berggren walking with the oxygen mask in his own garden several times a day. "He is walking with the mask regardless if I smoke or not," Olofsson said.

"I was provoked by his actions, but now I do not care anymore."

The smoker was reported to the authorities and last week representatives from the Environment Court of south Sweden arrived in order to inspect the situation.

But Olofsson refused to participate. "I did not believe it made any sense at all. What were they supposed to do here? This is so ridiculous," she said.

The court representatives inspected Berggren's yard and established that it was fully possible to see Olofsson's yard when standing there.

So the action - which Olofsson had believed was just a bad joke - turned serious, with the Environment Court ruling she could not smoke in major parts of her yard.

"This is making me furious," she complained.

Since Norway banned smoking in all public facilities in June 2004, Sweden and Denmark have followed with similar bans.
why do people say that "we should be more like Europe?" :arrrh::arrrh::arrrh::arrrh:

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Because they're more enlightened maaaaan, with their $8 gas a 15% unemployment and spiraling violent crime...
In all fairness the Swedes aren't the ones committing the crimes. From what I've heard it's the immigrants from North Africa, the Middle East, Sudan and South Asia that are preying on the Swedes.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
In all fairness the Swedes aren't the ones committing the crimes. From what I've heard it's the immigrants from North Africa, the Middle East, Sudan and South Asia that are preying on the Swedes.
Savages acting like savages, no big surprise. However, these liberal feel good pussy policies are what get you into trouble. If some punk ass savage demands something from me, they'll get it. :hamm:

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Any country that has an "Environment Court" is truly fucked up.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Notice how the lawyer moves in and starts shit. With proper due diligence, you'd know what kind of "neighbors" you are moving next to and if their lifestyle didn't click with your's, you'd pass on the deal.

I love how somehow bigger government in Europe is bad, but it's great to have a big bloated bureaucratic pile of shit here stripping away the life force of anyone with brains enough to know better.

In the past 10 years government can't get big enough. We need it to invade every facet of our lives. From a woman's womb to our email, to our phone calls to our library and banking habits.

What fucking hypocrisy. To look down on Europe, and support the same shit here.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
I'm sorry Swedes should not be compared to the rest of Europe.

Longinus

Chair of the National Gyspy Eradication Council
Feb 14, 2007
College Station, TX
The best thing to come out of Sweden was Gunther and the Sunshine Girls. Oh wait...that was Finland. In that case, Sweden can go screw.