Evel Knievel Dies at 69 (MEGA-MERGED)

mik3

fornicating madly
How crazy is this. Kanye and Evel get close, Evel supposedly dropped the lawsuit because they became friendly and especially after Kanye's mom's death.

Evel Knievel 1938-2007

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Evel Knievel RIP

Nov 30, 4:34 PM EST

Evel Knievel Dies at 69

By MITCH STACY
Associated Press Writer
AP Photo
AP Photo
Advertisement
Buy AP Photo Reprints

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Evel Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.

Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

Knievel had undergone a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

Immortalized in the Washington's Smithsonian Institution as "America's Legendary Daredevil," Knievel was best known for a failed 1974 attempt to jump Snake River Canyon on a rocket-powered cycle and a spectacular crash at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. He suffered nearly 40 broken bones before he retired in 1980.

Although he dropped off the pop culture radar in the '80s, Knievel always had fans and enjoyed a resurgence in popularity in recent years. In later years he still made a good living selling his autographs and endorsing products. Thousands came to Butte, Mont., every year as his legend was celebrated during the "Evel Knievel Days" festival.

"They started out watching me bust my ass, and I became part of their lives," Knievel said. "People wanted to associate with a winner, not a loser. They wanted to associate with someone who kept trying to be a winner."

His death came just two days after it was announced that he and rapper Kanye West had settled a federal lawsuit over the use of Knievel's trademarked image in a popular West music video.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Ride In Peace bro.

Redding

Why can't us?
Dam he couldnt finish the stunt of trashing his body for 70 years

Evel Knievel dies at 69

[media]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_knievel[/media]

Evel Knievel dies at 69

By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer 3 minutes ago

Evel Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.

Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

Knievel had undergone a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

Immortalized in the Washington's Smithsonian Institution as "America's Legendary Daredevil," Knievel was best known for a failed 1974 attempt to jump Snake River Canyon on a rocket-powered cycle and a spectacular crash at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. He suffered nearly 40 broken bones before he retired in 1980.

Although he dropped off the pop culture radar in the '80s, Knievel always had fans and enjoyed a resurgence in popularity in recent years. In later years he still made a good living selling his autographs and endorsing products.

Thousands came to Butte, Mont., every year as his legend was celebrated during the "Evel Knievel Days" festival.

"They started out watching me bust my ass, and I became part of their lives," Knievel said. "People wanted to associate with a winner, not a loser. They wanted to associate with someone who kept trying to be a winner."

His death came just two days after it was announced that he and rapper Kanye West had settled a federal lawsuit over the use of Knievel's trademarked image in a popular West music video.

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press.

I guess he and Kanye's momma can now trade surgery stories.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Evel Knievel Dies at 69

Nov 30 05:34 PM US/Eastern
By MITCH STACY
Associated Press Writer

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Evel Knievel, the hard-living motorcycle daredevil whose jumps over Greyhound buses, live sharks and Idaho's Snake River Canyon made him an international icon in the 1970s, died Friday. He was 69.

Although he dropped off the pop culture radar in the '80s, Knievel always had fans and enjoyed a resurgence in popularity in recent years. In later years he still made a good living selling his autographs and endorsing products. Thousands came to Butte, Mont., every year as his legend was celebrated during the "Evel Knievel Days" festival.

mik3

fornicating madly
Dude was crazy though, all the way to the end. "Man's man" is overused, but Evel was.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
mik3 was first. I split his post off the existing thread and was adding the article when you dummies went on your posting rampage.

In the future, keep in mind that it irritates the moderators (me especially) when posts are made just to indicate that it's a duplicate thread, or needs to be merged, etc.

Jimmy's Dignity I am talking to you.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
I grew up watching E.K. stunts, one of my childhood heroes. Sad.

I can see him now, riding that Little Rascal into the sunset, R.I.P

Brady T cell

O & A Fanboy
First Kevin Debrow now this? INSANITY!

DiscountHarry

We get it, Krisko has nice cleavage.
I guess it is a good thing he got his money from Kayne West so he can enjoy it.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
i miss Wide World of Sports.

meanmarv

"café con piernas"
His twin brother Klu Klux Knievel is going to jump 10 Balloons with a steamroller to raise money for funeral.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
I guess God needed a broken up old stuntman.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Woe oh oh oh oh oh
And he's riding a giant ramp...to heaven

R.I.P. EK

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I wonder if he cashed Kayne's Check before he kicked
I saw him at the Last Evil Kneivel Days..this past July...he looked like it was gonna be his last!

SlimeyGoatFuckr

I still remember sometime in the early 70s when the little evil Knievel motorcycle was the hottest toy for Xmas. You put him on his bike, set him on the ramp and turned this crank that upon reaching a certain speed, he would race off the ramp and go till he slowed down, 20 feet maybe if you were lucky.

Good stuff man, RIP Evil biker dude.

Top Bottom