Evel Knievel, Kanye West settle trademark lawsuit

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
The Picture Made me Puke in my mouth a little:

Evel Knievel, Kanye West settle trademark lawsuit
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Evel Knievel and Kanye West have worked it out.

The 69-year-old iconic motorcycle daredevil said he and West met at his Clearwater condo recently. They settled a federal lawsuit over the use of Knievel’s trademarked image in a popular West music video.

Knievel sued West and his record company last year. He took issue with a 2006 music video for the song “Touch the Sky,” in which the rapper takes on the persona of “Evel Kanyevel” and tries to jump a rocket-powered motorcycle over a canyon.

Knievel failed in his attempt to jump the Snake River Canyon in Idaho in 1974.

“We settled the lawsuit amicably,” Knievel said Tuesday. “I was very satisfied and so was he.” They agreed not to publicly discuss the terms of the settlement, he said. The two had agreed to mediation in July.

In the lawsuit, Knievel claimed the “vulgar and offensive” images depicted in the video damaged his reputation. And he accused the 29-year-old rapper of using the Knievel image to “promote his filth to the world.” Meeting West changed his mind, Knievel said.

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2007/11/28/butte/hjjciihbjhjbej.txt

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Who thunk Evel would be alive at 69? When I was a little kid I would see him on a pretty stock Harley, going as fast as he could and hoping it was fast enough. He usually missed the ramp and was off the air for a year or so, making new bones. Next time he would try going faster so he hit harder. I don't know what percent of his jumps he landed and stayed up, but it had to be low. His takeoff ramp is still on the canyon rim at Twin Falls, Idaho. The huge target the bikers painted on the opposite wall of the canyon washed away a long time ago.