Ever use the old "there was a hair in my meal"

vice86

How do I look, Denny?
Nov 22, 2004
NYC/PA
me and my bro at at Red Robin last night..a couple across from us eating there meal...they finish ALL of it....then i hear the one ask for manager...he comes over and asks if everything is alright...the girl makes that dumb fake smile and laugh as she says "well yea....except till the last bite and there was a long hair".....lolol...RRRIIIIGHT...i wanna see the f'ing alleged hair that she found...so what...just pull the hair out and eat the last bite and shut the F up...if there was even a hair there to start with or planted by the stupid girl.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
May 23, 2007
this one time in third grade I was having lunch in the crapateria and I had already eaten the burrito and french fries and was just aboot to eat the jello when the crapeteria lady stopped me. there was a dead fly in the coolwhip. she took the tray and brought me a whole new lunch. more burritos for me.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Never did the hair in the food meal, but I did try the fly in the rice story once. We were in a Chinese restaurant and there was a piece of rice that was a little black on one end in the bowl. I called the manager over and told him that he'd cooked a fly. He kept insisting it wasn't a fly I kept insisting it was ... because we'd eaten half the meal he gave us 1/2 off the bill.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
No, I'd never ask for a freebie unless something was truly fucked up with the meal.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
The other night we went to Applebee's. My friend ordered a Michelob Ultra at the bar and then when we sat down she ordered another. The waiter came back & said they'd run out. So she ordered an MGD & I jokingly told the waiter that she should get it for free. He asked if we wanted to speak to the waiter & I reiterated that I was just joking. Lo & behold, the bill comes & the kid had taken the MGD off. We tipped on full bill though.

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
I was eating at Chilis once in Texas and pointed out a cockroach on the wall (roaches there are HUGE!). I truly was only bringing it to their attention so that they could take care of their problem.

The manager came and insisted that our meal would be free. I tried to refuse, but he wouldn't accept my argument.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i cant think about ever complaining about a meal, even if it was shitty i still pay and tip, i just dont ever go back

Chin nuts

Your breath smells like a dead baby's coffin.
Mar 17, 2006
Island Park, NY
i cant think about ever complaining about a meal, even if it was shitty i still pay and tip, i just dont ever go back
X2

I used to go out to lunch with my boss and he was the biggest asshole ever when it came to food. He'd constantly send food back over the smallest peeve. I can just imagine how much fun they had in the kitchen "fixing" his order.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Never did the hair in the food meal, but I did try the fly in the rice story once. We were in a Chinese restaurant and there was a piece of rice that was a little black on one end in the bowl. I called the manager over and told him that he'd cooked a fly. He kept insisting it wasn't a fly I kept insisting it was ... because we'd eaten half the meal he gave us 1/2 off the bill.
"You order flied lice.":icon_mrgr

Lil'GlubGlub

You may call me Chef Glub
Sep 3, 2004
near philly
A few weeks ago I was eating at a cheeburger cheeburger. I was 3/4 dine and I bit down into something hard.

I spit it out and it was a plastic bread bag clip, melted and curled up.

The waitress came over to see how our food was and I told her good until I bit into this, and revealed my prize. she freaked and got the manager and she kept apologizing and took it off the bill. I understand shit happens, so I still tipped well and don't hold anything against the restaurant.

swassdaddy

Lingering longer again
Aug 9, 2005
outside Indianapolis, IN
A few years back in Vegas was eating dinner at Rum Jungle in Mandalay Bay with my parents. It was in February and it had rained for three straight days. Halfway through dinner, a small mouse goes running under our table and hides under the booth. :icon_eek: My Dad in his smart ass joking manner was asking about a free meal (even though this mouse was not on the table or food), the manager did not even hesitate, gave us a free meal, free dessert, and two pitchers of cocktails. Did not want the rest of the dining room to raise hell.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
i went to this summer camp one year when i was 13. of course, they prepare the same meal for everyone, even finicky eaters like myself. one day for lunch, i believe we were having chili with beans. i hhhhhate beans, so i was already determined not to eat it. but upon further inspection of the meal, i noticed a massive hair right in the middle of it. i sat there refusing to eat the garbage, and now i had good reason aside from my own picky diet. the counselors tried getting me to eat it, but i stubbornly refused, not even so much as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which they had made other kids who didn't like the other food they were serving. the assholes wouldn't even go to the kitchen to get me something else. so i had nothing to eat for the rest of the day.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
And this one time, at band camp...