Everybody Panic Pt. 2: A Nor'easter Winter Storm Could Hit The East Coast By Election Day

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
A Nor'easter Winter Storm Could Hit The East Coast By Election Day

Dina Spector | Nov. 1, 2012, 2:49 PM | 11,976 | 8

Weather.com
A nor'easter could hit Mid-Atlantic and New England States by Tuesday (Election Day) into next Thursday, the National Weather Service's prediction center warns.

The storm is weaker than Hurricane Sandy and is expected to be far less damaging than Monday's megastorm.

"It should be noted that this system is expected to be much weaker than Hurricane Sandy and produce impacts much less extreme and mainly away from the region most strongly impacted by Sandy," the center writes.

Weather.com has more:
At this time it looks as though coastal impacts would be farther north along the New England coast than we saw with Sandy. Snowfall would be confined to northern New England. Also, this system will not be anywhere as impactful as Sandy. That being said, it is much too early to discuss details and we will need to keep a close eye on future forecasts to fine tune the evolution of this system.​

The storm is still six days out, so things could change, but it's something that should be watched since it could disrupt clean-up efforts in the wake of Sandy.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/a-noreaster-winter-storm-east-coast-election-day-2012-11#ixzz2B4YXJI4Z

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I still have 10 gallons of gas... snow blowers tuned up... have food, booze and ammo so I'm set.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I still have 10 gallons of gas... snow blowers tuned up... have food, booze and ammo so I'm set.
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
My wife just texted me in a panic, telling me about looting going on in Monmouth & Ocean counties. Next statement she made: We need to get a gun. My response? "A" gun? How about a closet full? She whole heartedly agreed. My wife is a smart gal.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
My wife just texted me in a panic, telling me about looting going on in Monmouth & Ocean counties. Next statement she made: We need to get a gun. My response? "A" gun? How about a closet full? She whole heartedly agreed. My wife is a smart gal.
Oh dear god.
Joey's next post: Hey guys, I bought a gun safe...

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Some take lernin' the hard way. Sounds like it took hard, though.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Can we stop using the fucking term "Nor'easter"? It was fine when I was in Boston because those people talk stupid anyway, but seriously? It sounds so dumb.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Thank you for your service.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Can we stop using the fucking term "Nor'easter"? It was fine when I was in Boston because those people talk stupid anyway, but seriously? It sounds so dumb.
But I just bought a new sou'wester for the storm...

TravisRB69

Mar 6, 2006
Sidney, MT
Wow, someone up there actually took advantage of the nearly a week warning and actually.........SUPPLIED and prepared beforehand? Good job sir! If the news is any indication, you're definitely part of the minority.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Wow, someone up there actually took advantage of the nearly a week warning and actually.........SUPPLIED and prepared beforehand? Good job sir! If the news is any indication, you're definitely part of the minority.
Nah that was for Sandy... didn't use it... oh well.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Global warming strikes again.

Are those legal in Jersey?

You are on to something.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Well if you are a sportsman you are good to go...

Provided certain conditions are met, a sportsman may transport and use hollow point ammunition. There are no restrictions preventing a sportsman from keeping such ammunition at his home.
N.J.S.A 2C:39-3f(1) limits the possession of hollow nose ammunition. However, there is a general exception that allows for the purchase of this ammunition but restricts the possession of it to specified locations. This exception provides that:
(2) Nothing is sub section f (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land . . . [N.J.S.A 26:39-3g (2)].
Thus a person may purchase this ammunition and keep it within the confines of his property. Sub section f (1) further exempts from the prohibited possession of hollow nose ammunition "persons engaged in activities pursuant to N.J.S.A 2C:39-6f. . . ."
N.J.S.A 26:39-3f. (1).​
Activities contained in N.J.S.A 26:39-6f. can be broken down as follows:
1.A member of a rifle or pistol club organized under rules of the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice and which filed its charter with the State Police;
2.A person engaged in hunting or target practice with a firearm legal for hunting in this State;
3.A person going directly to a target range, and;
4.A person going directly to an authorized place for "practice, match, target, trap or skeet shooting exhibitions."
Just tried to read some of NJ's firearm laws... I got a headache...

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
So I guess I'm still not going to Caesars on the 8th? Been waiting to use my free room your months.