Ex-Marine Kills Bear With Log

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PTENL81&show_article=1&catnum=9

Ex-Marine Kills Bear With Log
Jun 21 05:19 PM US/Eastern

HELEN, Ga. (AP) - A camping trip to Low Gap Camp Grounds turned into a harrowing experience for Chris Everhart and his three sons when they tangled with a 300-pound black bear.

But the encounter last weekend proved fatal for the bear.

The bear had taken the Everharts' cooler and was heading back to the woods when 6-year-old Logan hurled a shovel at it.

Fearing what might happen next, the Norcross father and ex-Marine grabbed the closest thing he could find—a log.

"(I) threw it at it and it happened to hit the bear in the head," Chris Everhart said. "I thought it just knocked it out but it actually ended up killing the bear."

The man was given a ticket for failing to secure his camp site, said Ken Riddleberger, a region supervisor for game management with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

Riddleberger said some U.S. Forest Service agents were at the camp issuing a citation in an unrelated case. They got to the scene in a few minutes and verified what happened, he said.

Riddleberger said fines are usually set by counties, but Everhart's will be set by the federal government since the incident happened on federal property.

"We've not had an attack in Georgia," he said. "The key thing to learn from this is if there's a bear around, do not have your garbage or food available. If we manage our food, we won't have bears around."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
just proves what one motivated marine and his log is capable of

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
He Threw it??

Wow! that's amazing. He must have hit it just right.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
A log? How fucking big was the damn thing? a telephone pole?

Threw a log?

He must have been a black marine....

Waddle Doodle

:action-sm

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
No offense to the guy, but that was one pussy bear.

I've seen 9 mm rounds bounce off the skull of Grizzlies. And, one time a brown bear (around 5-700 lbs.) walked onto my brother's driveway outside of Anchorage while his children were playing outside. In an effort to drive him away, he picked up and threw a rock absolutely as hard as he could from a distance of about 20 ft. The rock was a little larger than a giant softball and was pretty damn heavy. It hit the bear square in the chest and the bear just looked at him like, "what, are you stupid or something?"

This bear must have had that brittle bone disease thing...

It was a black bear, one of the smallest types of bears. Plus a log is different than a bullet. A log has a lot more kinetic energy in it than a 9mm, but doesn't penetrate.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
The first old guy who broke the jaw of a cheetah (or some similar animal), now this. We're finally taking on nature.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
and was heading back to the woods when 6-year-old Logan hurled a shovel at it.
This kid is either stupid or has got a real set of balls for a 6 yr old.

S

Super

He kills a bear while protecting his kids...then gets a ticket....:icon_roll

While the guy was writing him the ticket, do you think he was looking around for another log?

He kills a bear while protecting his kids...then gets a ticket....:icon_roll

While the guy was writing him the ticket, do you think he was looking around for another log?
he went chasing after a bear because it took his ice chest. I'd have gone looking for it after the bear had enough time to eat all of the shit out of it.

if you have any sense you dont go chasing after a bear if you dont have a gun. he may not eat you but they do enough damage to you with their claws and jaws to rip arteries and then you'd be fucked.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
he went chasing after a bear because it took his ice chest. I'd have gone looking for it after the bear had enough time to eat all of the shit out of it.

if you have any sense you dont go chasing after a bear if you dont have a gun. he may not eat you but they do enough damage to you with their claws and jaws to rip arteries and then you'd be fucked.
I am with you on this one. What the fuck are you doing chasing after a bear, especially if you have kids? Fuck your cooler. And speaking of the kids, that six-year-old was a retard throwing a shovel at the thing.

I give him points for having thrown the luckiest shot ever but he is no hero.

MJMANDALAY

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Ha-ha! They gave him a ticket for not securing his campsite? If the bear had devoured his children would they have given him a ticket for feeding the bears?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Ha-ha! They gave him a ticket for not securing his campsite? If the bear had devoured his children would they have given him a ticket for feeding the bears?
i would hope so, that and the bill for hunting down the bear and its piles of shit so they would have something to bury

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Well, I guess this answers the question Ron and Fez asked in a best of this week.