OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Ex-Obama Aide Dismisses Greenwald as a Fake Journalist

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Jul 29, 2013.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

This is mostly an opinion piece, but I thought it might spark some discussion.

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-obama-aide-stupidly-dismisses-greenwald-fake-journalist-135200030.html

2. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ

I believe Mr. Graham and his ilk, be they team Red or Blue, would be more appropriately labeled as statists, but that is tangential and simply semantics. Mr. Rattner was tasked with saving Detroit as President Obama's "Car Czar" if memory serves, so I shan't be taking anything he says seriously.

Lord Zero, ruckstande and Neckbeard like this.
  3. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Limp Wrist Lindsey Graham is a quasi-Republican and pseudo-heterosexual. He's a money grubbing crooked politician.

"Even Lindsey Graham..." doesn't help an argument.

Anyhow. It is is silly to say Greenwald isn't a journalist when he's put so many stories out there (Abu Ghraib and the torture taxis, drone policy, NSA eavesdropping) etc.

Falldog and MalcomOopsGotShot like this.
  4. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

A real journalist asks about the final 4 and Kardashians short marriage. A real journalist is someone who is state sponsored and only reports from a white house script.... like everyone on MSNBC.

jnoble and Neckbeard like this.
  5. MalcomOopsGotShot

MalcomOopsGotShot White House Spokesperson

I'm wondering how many years Mika's father has left in him...

6. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

That's not journalism. That's political activism.

HandPanzer and jnoble like this.
  7. Neckbeard

I've consistently thought Greenwald was one of the best on U.S. politics and particularly privary, freedom of speech and civil liberties.
    If he isn't a journalist I am not sure what is. It took lots of balls to run with that Snowden story.

8. jnoble

jnoble Lingering longer for a longering linger

A real journalist asks Obama hard hitting questions the nation needs answers to like "What is your favorite color?" and "How did you get to be so awesome?". Then they put their feet up on their desk later and contentedly lean back with the satisfaction of another job well done.

Neckbeard likes this.
  9. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

I gave you a like, but then I studied on it some, an' I reckon there ain't no need for it. So I took it back.

Journalists, like all professions, should have a purpose. Yes, their tool should always be the truth, but they should absolutely aim to improve the world by informing people of deception and wrongdoing, in government, business, or any other organization that seeks to mislead people.

The last thing journalists should be is unbiased, when it comes to preferring honesty over deception and freedom against abuses in government. I would hate to live in a world where all journalists aim to be indifferent about whether the government is honest or corrupt.

10. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

So that worked, right? Detroit is saved?

HandPanzer and Neckbeard like this.
  11. Neckbeard

I wouldn't call Greenwald partisan, either. He's clearly left wing but he's given GWB and Obama major ball smashings.

12. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

INDIAN LIKER!!!

A good example of the "journalists" writing about "reform" are the ones trying to push gun/racism issues with the Trayvon case.

Instead of reform, he should have said "the best journalism is about seeking truth and presenting unbiased facts." Period.

And google Jay Rosen. I'm sure as a liberal, his ideas about "reform" are a lot different than yours.