EXCLUSIVE: Talk radio star 'Opie' was terrorized by text messages from ex-producer

Fred West

Jul 4, 2014
Radio producer takes plea deal for harassing ‘Opie’
By Rebecca Rosenberg

May 16, 2016 | 4:34pm

Gregg "Opie" HughesPhoto: WireImage
An irate ex-producer for “Opie and Anthony” took a no-jail plea deal Monday in Manhattan court for allegedly harassing and stalking the co-host of the former talk radio show.

Benjamin Sparks, 40, copped to harassment as a violation and agreed to complete four days of community service. He must also stay away from Gregg Hughes aka Opie.

Sparks allegedly sent Hughes over 40 insulting text messages for two days beginning Sept. 18, the criminal complaint states.

“F—king law breaking piece of sh–t you are. Have fun. I got you,” Sparks allegedly texted Hughes, who now hosts the Sirius Satellite Radio show “Opie with Jim Norton.”

“Everyone wants to take you down,” the disgruntled former employee continued. “Get ready for many lawsuits. I have good lawyers. Looking forward to taking your money.”

Hughes repeatedly told Sparks, who was arrested in October, to stop contacting him, court papers show.

Looks like his "good" lawyers weren't much use.

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
He should have stuck to snorting coke with Tom Brady. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
Ben always struck me as unstable. Remember the fight with Jimmy?

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
IIRC, they got into a hissy fit over the fact that Norton makes jokes about how much money he made while XM was freezing the staff out of raises... during the recession... when XM was about to get bought out by Sirius... Wow.
Back at that time, people went to work not knowing if they would have a job at the end of the day. Corporations, banks, stores, etc. EVERYWHERE were going belly up. I had absolutely ZERO sympathy for them then and I have even less listening to it now. Rant over.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
What laws did Gregg 'Opie' Huges break; is jay walking that serious of an offense?

Since WYSP

Oct 9, 2015
What laws did Gregg 'Opie' Huges break; is jay walking that serious of an offense?
Well he did stomp on some homeless mans cake. I think there was something about it on Reddit once or twice

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Well he did stomp on some homeless mans cake. I think there was something about it on Reddit once or twice
Pretty sure Mr. Hughes gave the cake smashee a fifty spot. Of course that point is never mentioned by SJW's.

Since WYSP

Oct 9, 2015
Pretty sure Mr. Hughes gave the cake smashee a fifty spot. Of course that point is never mentioned by SJW's.
Never let the facts get in the way of some good false outrage. None of them gave Shit One about that bum

Tiny Tommy

Feb 16, 2014
So..... this stuff is criminal now? Sounds like crazy ex 101 level shit to me. Op really is a woman.

That's one of the unspoken selling points of the "progrum." Pretty much everyone who has ever worked on or near it is irreparably damaged as a human.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So..... this stuff is criminal now? Sounds like crazy ex 101 level shit to me. Op really is a woman.
Harassment and violent threats being illegal somehow baffles you? Huh.

Tiny Tommy

Feb 16, 2014
Harassment and violent threats being illegal somehow baffles you? Huh.
Me no know so much. Me live in tiny hut up on mountain. One day plane drop satellite radio unit. Hit head. Kill chieftan. There was much sad, but then much happy.

All these word confuse. Make mean dark.

Gods speak often of this man "fletcher." Say very bad man. Much disagree. No say nice things.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Never let the facts get in the way of some good false outrage. None of them gave Shit One about that bum
I think people cared more for the cake.
#ButtercreamLivesMatter

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
Ben always struck me as unstable. Remember the fight with Jimmy?
top 10 goat!

At first it was intense then it became apparent that it was a sissy fight. The fact that the assistant producer is threatening the host of the radio show, live on the air, is pretty funny.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
BenSparks6
@OpieRadio You are a loser with no friends. That is a fact. Steve hated your guts before he hung himself. Keep lying to your 2 fans.
12/07/2014 20:44

He wasn't above doing it on twitter, either. What a cock.

Is there one producer that left and didn't hate Opie? Than, maybe? Sal?
Well. Now we know that Steve hung himself.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Yeah, I believe he squirted something at the Howard fan and then lied to the police about it.
I think there was some spitting and perhaps fisticuffs.