Expendables 3 : August 15, 2014

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
THE EXPENDABLES 3 Gets A 2014 Release Date
There's been talk of the likes of Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Harrison Ford and Milla Jovovich all joining the cast of The Expendables 3, but now the movie has an official release date. Hit the jump for details on when you'll be able to see the third instalment of the action franchise.
Follow Josh:

By Josh Wilding - 6/3/2013
As you can see from the Tweet below, Lionsgate have scheduled The Expendables 3 for release on August 15th, 2014. There have been a lot of rumours circulating in regards to the director and cast, although now that the movie has officially been given the green light, we should more than likely expect to hear some solid details very soon. Are you guys looking forward to seeing a third instalment in the franchise? Be sure to sound off with your thoughts on this news below!

BoxOffice @BoxOffice
Lionsgate has scheduled THE EXPENDABLES 3 for wide release on August 15, 2014.
I watched the first two and can remember nothing about them. Mickey Rourke is apparently back and the list of rumoured actors includes the great Nic Cage and Clint Eastwood

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
As you can see from the Tweet below, Lionsgate have scheduled The Expendables 3 for release on August 15th, 2014.
In related news, Pigdango tweeted that the Expendables Trilogy HitW has been scheduled for November 23rd, 2014.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Agreed. The Losers and Red were both better, though.
Lets not forgot about The A-Team. In fact, I came to watch that more than I did The Losers when they were both on cable.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I suggested doing that with one movie not too long ago and LiddyRules put the kibosh on it. Something about scheduling.
Well think about it. Even if most of you are in the same time zone, you're most likely in different cities. That would mean having to hope that all your cities are having a theater showing Expendables at the same time. Then you factor in not knowing how many minutes of commercials/trailers before the movie, and getting it synced up will be particularly difficult.

Not to mention only cunts use their phones in theaters.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'm with LiddyRules on this one. Using your phone in the theater is a bit cuntish. I was actually suprised when Pigdango brought up doing HITWB in one.
I've only done it once in my life: during my live posting of Battleship. The 0 other people in the theater didn't seem to mind.

Frankie_b

It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Mel Gibson To Play The Villain In EXPENDABLES 3?
It was rumored that Gibson would actually direct the movie for a while before Patrick Hughes signed on, but now Showbiz 411's sources report that the troubled actor/director will actually have a role in the threequel as the villain! Click on for more..
Follow Mark "RorMachine":

By Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 6/7/2013
Sylvester Stallone usually drops Expendables 3 tidbits via his Twitter account, but now we have some (possibly) big casting news from a different source. Showbiz 411 reckon Mel Gibson has signed on to star in the third geri-actioner:

"I’m told that Gibson will appear in “The Expendables 3,” the third installment of Sylvester Stallone’s shoot em up series that also features his former Planet Hollywood buddies and partners Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger. There’s no confirmation, but the source seemed serious."​

Their source also claims Gibson will play the villain in the movie. This might be seen as a bit of a risk by Stallone and co., as after his recent "troubles" (run- ins with the police, antisemitism, racism, beating the shit out of women etc) Gibson isn't exactly a big draw anymore. Still, casting him in an antagonistic role might well be a stroke of genius. Anyway, this isn't official yet, but what would you guys think if Gibson was to square off against Stallone in The Expendables 3?

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
I'm no Mel fan, but I can see the angle. He can just play himself. There can be a scene where he yells at a female minion to "smile and blow me"

Although after having JCVD as the villain last time, they should go for Segal this time.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm no Mel fan, but I can see the angle. He can just play himself. There can be a scene where he yells at a female minion to "smile and blow me"

Although after having JCVD as the villain last time, they should go for Segal this time.

He has a fist fight with a Russian brawd.

Frankie_b

It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
The second one was awful in every way.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
HARRISON FORD. Awesome.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
The only good thing about the second film was Chuck Norris shooting a guy through the xray machine at the airport.

"His name was Billy!"

yecch.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The second one was awful in every way.
As opposed to the first?

Bruce Willis does like 5 movies a year, and most of them are legitimate films, I wouldn't call him lazy. Not to mention his career has lasted far more than Stallone's has. Stallone's career got to a point where he needed to become big by doing a semi-parody movie about how old he's gotten.

And I always saw Ford more an adventure star than an action star.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
As opposed to the first?

Bruce Willis does like 5 movies a year, and most of them are legitimate films, I wouldn't call him lazy. Not to mention his career has lasted far more than Stallone's has. Stallone's career got to a point where he needed to become big by doing a semi-parody movie about how old he's gotten.

And I always saw Ford more an adventure star than an action star.
It does seem like there is a pattern forming regarding Bruce Willis and how he acts behind the scenes.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'm not sure if Kevin Smith and Sylvester Stallone are the best people to judge another person's assholishness.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Bruce Willis has some HITW worthy movies.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Is Chuck Norris going to Nerf this one too? (Not that I care much.)

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
REPORT: Willis Demanded $1 Million a Day
By JACKIE WILLIS

August 07, 2013
Action stars Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis argue a little differently off-screen. Stallone, 67, took to his Twitter on Tuesday, Aug. 6, to reveal that Willis, 58, has been cut out of the Expendables franchise and will be replaced by Harrison Ford. A day later, we come to find out that Willis reportedly had quite the daily asking price. Guess the actor was expendable after all!
A source of The Hollywood Reporter claims that Willis threatened to drop the project unless he was given $1 million per day for a four-day shoot in Bulgaria. He was reportedly offered $3 million.
Expendables 3 is expected to begin production this month, and will reportedly also star Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Milla Jovovich and possibly Mel Gibson. The movie will not hit theaters until 2014.

http://www.etonline.com/movies/1369...s_Twitter_War_Against_Bruce_Willis/index.html