Explorer to embark on quest to find body of Osama bin Laden

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Bill Warren has spent years searching for shipwrecks, usually in the hope of finding treasure. But his next mission is to locate and raise a much more contemporary object that is bound to place him at the center of controversy: the body of Osama bin Laden.

Warren hopes to depart for the Arabian Sea in 2-3 weeks. He does not have a PR team and his expedition has not been widely publicized, but it has received exposure from some major networks -- including ABC -- in the United States and abroad.

The mission, once it gets started, will stir more emotions and attract a flood of criticism. But as the shipwreck explorer expert reiterrated recently on a Southern California radio show, he wants to raise the body to produce evidence that the former Al Qaeda leader was, in fact, killed and buried at sea by sailors aboard the USS Carl Vinson.

Of course, Warren also acknowledged that he intends to profit from the expedition by various means, including a possible sale of the body to Bin Laden family members.

In a telephone interview, Warren revealed that he has been contacted, via email, by people claiming to be relatives of the infamous terrorist, who was killed recently by U.S. special forces. "They didn't identify who they were, but they said if you can find the body we would make it worth your while," Warren said. "There were no dollar figures."

Warren's salvage highlights include locating the renowned treasure wreck, Verelst, off Mauritius; and the British ship, Port Royal, which carried would-be U.S. colonists and sank in 1670 off the Bahamas.

The "Hunt for the Proof" Bin Laden expedition, he said, will involve a documentary team and renowned DNA expert Ryan Lehto. Lehto confirmed by telephone that he has been in touch with Warren and intends to make the voyage. The scientist added that if a body or even its teeth are found, he'd be able to learn whether the body is that of Bin Laden.

Warren said he has obtained what he believes to be credible information regarding the approximate area where the burial-at-sea occurred.

His team will use high-tech sonar scanners that deliver computerized colored visuals, which reveal foreign objects on the ocean floor. The body is said to be in a rubber- or lead-lined bag.

"If we see what looks like a cigar on the bottom, it would probably be his body," Warren said, adding that a remotely operated vehicle would be used to retrieve the body.

The explorer, who believes his chances of locating the body are greater than 50%, is hoping a documentary on this unusual and macabre expedition will serve as "a springboard" to a reality-type TV series about his salvaging adventures.

As the yet-to-be announced departure date draws closer, however, he admits to experiencing bouts of paranoia.

"I'm hoping I don't have problems with Al Qaeda coming out there, or even here," said Warren, who lives in Southern California. "And with my government ... I know the government doesn't want me out there doing it, but I don't know if legally they can stop me."

Warren added that it could take days or weeks to locate the body, and that he's still not sure what he'll do with the body if it is located and raised.

"I think this is a great mystery and I'm going to find out -- if we can find him -- if it's really him, through photographs, video and DNA," the explorer said. "After that I don't know."
Link

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Was the exact, or even general location of the body drop released? If not, this is definitely a needle in a haystack.

Mags

LDAR king
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Attention whore. Nothing to see here.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
It's not like a ship, jackass. A corpse is going to move and be eaten.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho

Hey dummy, the corpse sank. You don't need the binoculars now.

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey
Bin Laden has to be crab shit by now. Yes I agree attention whore, but I think he's gonna make some cake on this.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
So when this guy turns up nothing, that's going to be sufficient proof for the Alex Jones crew that we never killed him?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Hopefully they're not made with too much breading and mayonnaise.
Can't go the other way though. Too easy to make crab cakes dry if you skimp on the mayo.

Oct 8, 2005
Reality
So when this guy turns up nothing, that's going to be sufficient proof for the Alex Jones crew that we never killed him?
You believe he was killed without ever seeing a body or pictures. You believe that terrorists were ok when the government killed Osama but the terrorists would have been offended if the government showed the pictures. You believe that they had to show the body respect and immediately dump his body in the ocean even though muslim clerics say its a lie and you are suppose to be buried in the ground facing muslim land. Sorry but you are the ones believing a fairy tale. Do you still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy even though you have never seen them?

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
You are dumber than dogshit. No one likes you here. Get the hint and hit the bricks, faggot.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Was the exact, or even general location of the body drop released? If not, this is definitely a needle in a haystack.
This is beyond a needle in a haystack. It's a needle in a haystack in a haystack factory in a city that specializes in making haystacks in a country who's chief export is haystacks.

The best technology in the world can't find this body.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
That body was dumped overboard, you heard it hit the ocean floor and I..... was never here.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
You believe he was killed without ever seeing a body or pictures. You believe that terrorists were ok when the government killed Osama but the terrorists would have been offended if the government showed the pictures. You believe that they had to show the body respect and immediately dump his body in the ocean even though muslim clerics say its a lie and you are suppose to be buried in the ground facing muslim land. Sorry but you are the ones believing a fairy tale. Do you still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy even though you have never seen them?