Extreme alpine coaster

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
That could never be in the US...look at all those potential lawsuits..holy fuck!

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Not one loop?? Pussies.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
That could never be in the US...look at all those potential lawsuits..holy fuck!
actually they do exist in the us. plus we also have alpine slides. those are far more dangerous than this thing. when i was a kid, my dad flew out of the sled on one of those things and fucked his shoulder up pretty bad.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
actually they do exist in the us. plus we also have alpine slides. those are far more dangerous than this thing. when i was a kid, my dad flew out of the sled on one of those things and fucked his shoulder up pretty bad.
there was a park in jersey called astroland??? shit i 4get but anyway it was with a ski resort and in the summer u can ride these mechanic style carts down a concrete lane and you would get tore the fuck up!!!

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
there was a park in jersey called astroland??? shit i 4get but anyway it was with a ski resort and in the summer u can ride these mechanic style carts down a concrete lane and you would get tore the fuck up!!!
action park in vernon. now called mountain creek. it was the most dangerous water park in the fucking world. that was all part of it's charm though. plus that was where my dad fucked his shoulder up.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
wait for the 19sec part that shit would tear you up

[yt]2SxhNai4Zhs[/yt]

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
bingo!!! thank you!

the 80ft cliff you jump off into water was awesome lol and the huge alpine slide aka enema slide lol

http://abandonedbutnotforgotten.net/action_park.htm
The high cliff was only 37 feet.

The nickname was "Traction Park"

I lived there for most of three Summers. Well, not literally, but went about 7 or 8 times per Summer.

They actually had water slide that did a 360 loop. It was only open for half of one summer. Too many concussions and whip lashes as people would not lay flat, they would panic and lift their head. Centrifugal force would do it's thing at the bottom of the loop and WHAM!

The Indy style go-karts kicked ass. They had four or five different go-karts, but the big ones you needed a license to drive.

I only wiped out on the alpine slide once. I got a mean road rash on my shoulder as of course I was wearing a tank top and bathing suit.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Oh, and it is open again. It is now Mountain Creek. Brought my kids a few years ago. The motor park side was closed as was the alpine slide.

[YT]6MVSa-0riZI[/YT]

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Here is the Wiki page. Pretty much tells you what I did.

Action Park was an amusement park, open from 1978 to 1996 in Vernon Township, New Jersey at the former Vernon Valley / Great Gorge ski area, now known as Mountain Creek.

It featured three separate attraction areas: an alpine slide, Motorworld, and Waterworld. The latter was one of the first American waterparks.[1] Many of Action Park's attractions were unique, attracting thrill-seekers from across the New York City metro area. The park's popularity went hand in hand with a reputation for poorly-designed, unsafe rides; inattentive, underaged employees;[2] intoxicated, unprepared visitors; and the subsequently poor safety record.

At least six people are known to have died as a result of mishaps on rides at the park. It was given nicknames such as "Traction Park"[3] and "Accident Park",[4] by doctors at nearby hospitals due to the number of severely injured parkgoers they treated. Little action was taken by state regulators despite a history of repeat violations. In its later years personal-injury lawsuits forced the closure of more and more rides and finally the park itself in 1996.

Intrawest purchased the property and in 1998, many of the water attractions were reopened as Mountain Creek Waterpark. With a vastly increased emphasis on ride safety, the alpine slide and Motorworld areas were eliminated and some new water attractions were added. In 2010, the whole Mountain Creek ski area and waterpark was sold[5] to a group led by Eugene Mulvihill, the former operator of Great Gorge and Action Park.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
The park's popularity went hand in hand with a reputation for poorly-designed, unsafe rides; inattentive, underaged employees;[2] intoxicated, unprepared visitors; and the subsequently poor safety record.

At least six people are known to have died as a result of mishaps on rides at the park. It was given nicknames such as "Traction Park"[3] and "Accident Park",[4] by doctors at nearby hospitals due to the number of severely injured parkgoers they treated.
Sounds like a great place. You can't find em like that these days... :haha7:

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
How can that guy be so calm. I'd be screaming like a **** victim.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Here is a pic of the 360 loop slide:

It was an amazing place for a 19 year old kid and his friends. We would make a 3 hour trek to the place from L.I.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I only went to Action Park once but I vividly remember 2 things. The pain in the ass it was to hike up the mountain to go on different rides (or the same one again) in the middle of the fucking summer, and my friend needing a band aid or some shit and seeing an Asian guy who fell off the dolly halfway down the Alpine slide and promptly had half of his skin rubbed off. Dude looked like a burn victim.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
the huge 4-6 people tube ride was the worst. you had to wait in line to carry your giant raft up a huge fuck hill. then the slide split at one point. if you hit that wrong, someone was getting hurt. if you ended up going in the tunnel, if you sat up you were hitting your head on the walls.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.

We had the Action Park equivalent - Peony Park. I loved the place, but that's because I was young and thought I would live forever. Every year at least one or two kids would drown in the gigantic swimming pool and myself personally got hurt on the roller coaster when it started to rain and the brakes stopped working. We came around the last corner at top speed and hit the cars in front of us. My brother in laws cousin fell to his death when one of the rides safety pins broke and he feel 60 feet on to his head. A toddler fell out of a tilt-a-whirl and I'm sure is still living in a home paralyzed from the eyes down.