F.U. to my ASSHOLE Landlord

Danesy

Cute but psycho, it all evens out.
Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
OK, I just moved into this place in March. Included in my rent is everything, heat, hot water, electric, cable & internet. It's 10 minutes from work... It's great. Or so I fucking thought. First of all it gets warm and it takes him over a week to finally get up here to get the central air working. Now it's awesome, nice and comfy in here, I was so happy! I need to sleep with the TV on for background noise, and when it goes off I know it. So this morning @ 3:30 AM I jump up, and my TV screen says "you are not authorized, blah blah blah". So I call the number, turns out this fucking asshole didn't pay the bill. I have been calling him ALL FUCKING DAY and he hasn't picked up the phone once. So now I'm home, and have no TV, luckily I have the internet. I swear to all FUCK that I'm going to lose it. I've already started looking for another place. I thought this would be great cause it's so close to work, but clearly this guy is a fucking jerkoff.

/end rant.

Thank you. ;)

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
He probably doesn't like you either.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Start with the 'holding rent in an escrow account' stuff

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
Start with the 'holding rent in an escrow account' stuff
So ... and I'm asking cause I've never had to do this... just hold it until it gets resolved?

My sister told me to deduct money for every day it's not working, then when I do pay him just give him the pro-rated amount.

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
you aren't supposed to technically withhold rent but the "turning off" of services is considered illegal eviction, in NY of course. What I think is being suggested is that you find out if hes held your security in an interest bearing escrow account as required by law or withhold it but don't spend it, save it so when you are ordered to pay it in court you will have it.

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
you aren't supposed to technically withhold rent but the "turning off" of services is considered illegal eviction, in NY of course. What I think is being suggested is that you find out if hes held your security in an interest bearing escrow account as required by law or withhold it but don't spend it, save it so when you are ordered to pay it in court you will have it.
I live in NJ, so I'm not sure if it's the same thing. Also, when I find something I'm going to ask him about my deposit. I'm sure he didn't put it in an interest bearing account based on my dealings with him. I mean why the FUCK would you not pay the cable bill?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
He didn't pay the cable bill because he hasn't been paying the mortgage either.

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
Get cable on your own and deduct it from the next rent check.
I'm going to look into that. If I'm doing it, I'm getting Fios. I can get the triple play cheaper than cable.

I also don't want to keep calling him and being annoying, but I don't know what else to do.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm going to look into that. If I'm doing it, I'm getting Fios. I can get the triple play cheaper than cable.

I also don't want to keep calling him and being annoying, but I don't know what else to do.
I don't know how your lease is worded, but you could make the argument that if cable is part of the rent, than you shouldn't be expected to pay more than the total cost of the original rent for rent and cable if he isn't providing it.

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
I don't know how your lease is worded, but you could make the argument that if cable is part of the rent, than you shouldn't be expected to pay more than the total cost of the original rent for rent and cable if he isn't providing it.
It's a month to month lease and cable is included in the rent.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
unless he's paying for a bulk account that was set up for the whole building, the cable is supposed to be billed directly to you with your own account.

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
unless he's paying for a bulk account that was set up for the whole building, the cable is supposed to be billed directly to you with your own account.
I know he has 2 accounts, one for each floor. I don't know if they have theirs off downstairs, I haven't seen anyone yet.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Get cable on your own and deduct it from the next rent check.
X2. Send a copy with your rent. Problem solved. Back to beastialitytube or however it's spelled.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
You're freaking because of no Cable?? And you are boreassing this guy to pay the bill? Wow, I Think I would ignore your nutty ass too......It should be in your name.

i

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
You're freaking because of no Cable?? And you are boreassing this guy to pay the bill? Wow, I Think I would ignore your nutty ass too......It should be in your name.
Are you serious? It's in my lease. I understand what you're saying that it should be in my name, but as part of the apartment he is providing everything. And so when I pay my rent I expect everything to be working since I'm paying him for it. So no, I'm not nutty... and yes I will keep calling him when a service that HE provides THAT I FUCKING PAY FOR gets shut off cause he didn't pay for it.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I wouldn't be too mad if he just forgot to pay it, but the fact you called him all day and he still hasn't turned it on is fucked up. Danesy should be pissed.

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
Thank you FBF. He's being shady, and I don't like it. If he came to me and said "listen, I'm having a rough time, gimme 48 hours I'll get it back". I'd be cool with it, but no, he's ducking me. Be a fucking man and return my calls, don't be a pussy and ignore me because you KNOW you fucked something up.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Thank you FBF. He's being shady, and I don't like it. If he came to me and said "listen, I'm having a rough time, gimme 48 hours I'll get it back". I'd be cool with it, but no, he's ducking me. Be a fucking man and return my calls, don't be a pussy and ignore me because you KNOW you fucked something up.
I hope you got beer and pizza money for your friends who help you move again.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Find out what message board he posts on and challenge him to a fight.

And then get hit by a Lumina and go into a coma.

wavey

Danesy

Jun 5, 2006
Satellite of Love
I hope you got beer and pizza money for your friends who help you move again.
My sister is already aware to be prepared. Now that I'm permanent with my job, I just set some money aside and get the FUCK out of here.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
My sister is already aware to be prepared. Now that I'm permanent with my job, I just set some money aside and get the FUCK out of here.
Turn the AC down to about 40 and run a giant spotlight all day. Fuck him.