OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Facebook question, lawyer types/law enforcement types welcome to answer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ScottFromGA, Oct 1, 2011.

1. ScottFromGA

ScottFromGA I cum into socks.

question im wondering, my wife's cousin and ex-aunt are mad about a situation that happened here over a dog, now they are taking to Facebook airing out their anger against her. one post from the aunt spoke of "grabbing her (meaning our daughter) kid and go give her away to a stranger at Wal-Mart." is this something that could be considered a kidnapping threat or conspiracy? Yeah, somethings aren't always legal issues, but what kinda recourse would we have?

any info would be helpful....thanks guys.

2. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

My advice? Screen cap the posts, save and print them out, and call a lawyer.

3. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

The only advice that matters is to stay off Facebook

4. fletcher

Donator

Sounds like its too late for that one. Best bet is to document everything and handle threats accordingly.

5. ScottFromGA

luckily my wife's dad printed it before the cousin blocked him and the rest of my wife's family from her page....the staying off Facebook isn't the problem, its the threat of kidnapping my kid is what im more so thinking about. fucking family drama....ugh.

6. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

those menendez boys sure knew how to solve a family issue

7. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Watch your kid and he or she won't get kidnapped. Aside from that, I'd just block the bitch on Facebook and act like she never existed. Don't respond, don't call the cops, just forget it.

8. fletcher

Donator

Thats crazy talk. I dont have kids but I know they cant be watched 24/7. I would definitely file a report in the least just to be safe.

9. afternoonquil

afternoonquil Apology Ostrich

Poor people tend to live in clusters.

10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Because filing a report is going to stop a kidnapper. Do you think the cops are going to put an undercover unit on the house 24/7? There's too much money to be made writing tickets.

Filing a report is only going to do one thing. Force you to talk to cops a bunch of times and possibly go to court over something that wasn't going to happen in the first place. This bitch is all hot air.

11. fletcher

Donator

I never said that it would put a detail outside his house but if there is a potential lead if god forbid anything happens that would probably be beneficial.

12. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

How fucking old are y'all? I've seen teenagers who are more mature.

13. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Exactly. Adults don't argue on Facebook and adults don't call the cops over Facebook posts.

14. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

I want to know what happened to start all this. Something about a dog led to family threatening to kidnap your kid? Spill it, sir.

15. MetalBender

MetalBender I like fistables.

No one at walmart wants a free kid. Maybe if it came with ssi, still even then. It's not a Superkid is it?

16. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Remember back when white trash conflicts were contained within trailer parks? Goddamn Facebook.

17. ScottFromGA

yeah I felt these posts were coming....funny fuckers.

story, the aunt and cousin are the trashy, trailer pieces of shit. I have never been that, so fuck that shit. the aunt can't afford to pay her bills, so they up and left cause they had no electricity leave this 1 year old chihuahua there to die. the cousin, who is a hunk of shit.....called my wife's grandma to tell her that they had left the house and mentioned she left the dog. well, that upset her cause she had personally spent a lot of money on the dog cause it had a skin condition, so she involved my wife to go get the dog from the trailer. well they get it...the dog had been there for 7 days with no food...no water and no cream for the skin. I said they should have took pics or just called the cops for animal abuse. Well, they've had the dog 3 weeks now and got it back better ....the cousin comes over to the house and doesn't even mention anything about the dog, so they took it as she didn't want it. One Craigslist post later, someone wants it and they give her to a great home and someone with money that wants to care for the dog. They catch wind that the dog is gone, and here you go....the posts start and the Aunt writes a post basically telling her daughter to come beat my wife's ass...which isn't gonna happen, but after a few more posts, the Aunt puts another post saying, "What my wife did was basically giving her (the cousin's) kid away, so she needs to.go grab her kid (mine) and go give her away at a wal-mart."

there's the story for the one who asked....stupidity teenage childish shit? yes...we haven't been posting back arguing cause we have been blocked for one so we can't, and we wouldn't cause we don't have time for it. but when the post of kidnapping my kid comes up, i dont take as a laughing matter. the aunt is a piece of trash that deserted her kids for drugs and a man that abused her.....could very well do something like this easily. For those that gave advice, thanks. The rest, I expected it.

18. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

You said wrong. What you should've said is: "You have your own family now. Stop getting involved with the hicks you grew up with. When your grandmother told you to go into your cousin's trailer without permission and take their dog, you should've said no. Not your dog, not your business."

As for the posting, it doesn't qualify as a criminal act. She's not threatening to do anything, she's telling the other hick what she should do. You could, depending on where you live, get some kind of order of protection (restraining order, whatever the fuck they're called), but you need a lawyer for that, not cops. You should only involve the cops in an emergency or to report an actual crime. Not the case.

19. ScottFromGA

actually the "don't get involved" part is exactly what I said....

thanks for the advice...that's appreciated.

20. transit grinder

transit grinder Baglin' with the Sex

She's not going to snatch your kid and fucking give it to someone at Walmart. And if the 1% chance that she would do it comes to pass, guess what? You know who did it. How old is your kid? Walking and talking, or a baby that can't do shit to protect itself?

21. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

Just give her away? Isn't even going to fuck it first?

22. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

Since I have family that chooses to be trailer trash, you have my sympathy.

23. Douche McGee

They could take that and use it as a cause for a restraining order. Other than that, I can't think of any other recourse.

24. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Actually you don't need a lawyer for that either. It's a pretty basic form you can fill out at the court house and no attorney is necessary. And you can get an emergency protection order from your local police department if you feel danger is imminent. I'll agree with the rest of what you said, this doesn't seem serious enough to warrant either one of those. In context it seems like a pretty empty "threat."

I love reading ScottfromGA's post in a thick redneck accent in my mind though, so this thread certainly delivered. :haha7:

25. Poison The Well

Poison The Well Somebody poisoned the water-hole!

That is 100% true. It doesn't cost anything either. You'll get a court date and a chance to explain why you need a EOP but it's very straight forward and to the point. There is no adversarial system when it comes to EOPs, so you don't need to worry about some asshole lawyer cornering you in court.