OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Facebook software detects photos of kids holding guns

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Feb 21, 2013.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

2. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Must protect their precious snow flake from the real world.

3. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

Zuckerburg is really proving to be a cocksucker. Fuck FB. I've noticed a lot of people are deleting their accounts. I hope it becomes a fancier version of My Space soon.

Neckbeard and d0uche_n0zzle like this.
  4. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

Isn't it better that we teach our children the importance of a firearm?

[​IMG]

5. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Never trust a Joo.

THRILLHO likes this.
  6. peewee

peewee Registered User

I think some of you are a little confused. This is a 3rd party software that parents can use to monitor their children's facebook accounts. What is the problem with software that helps people be better parents.

Jambi likes this.
  7. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

The software won't flag the age-old dad and son hunting photos

There's a black joke in there but I'm a lazy racist today.

8. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

Just another way for parents to be lazy. Instead of being an active parent, they'll let software babysit their kids like other parents let TV do so. If you have to see everything your kid is doing, you're a person who doesn't know how to raise kids. I let my son make mistakes so he knows what mistakes are, otherwise he'll just be an extremely sheltered little boy without any social skills. And how do you expect your kids to trust you if you don't trust them?

9. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Because it labels guns as a bad thing. They're not. How about software to detect skin tones of your kid's friends? See how far that would get.

10. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

If I ever have kids, they're going to understand how to handle a firearm by the time they're old enough to be interested in them.

BIV and d0uche_n0zzle like this.
  11. peewee

peewee Registered User

It doesn't label guns as bad things. It tells you your child posted a picture with a gun, that's it. If I had a kid I would not want him or her handling a gun without the proper supervision. So please explain to me how this software is bad?

12. peewee

peewee Registered User

Lazy parents would not bother to use this software, and I think it is much less intrusive then reading all their posts online. This software gives kids privacy online and still lets parents know if they have crossed a line. Like a young boy playing with guns at a friends house or a young girl sexting with an older man.

13. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Kids posing with cigarettes, bongs and beer bottles are still A-OK with Facebook!

14. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Software isn't made to detect children posing with textbooks or healthy snacks.

It absolutely targets guns as a bad thing.

My kid has posted pictures with guns and I'm proud of it. Fuck these cunts. They're capitalizing on the scare tactics being used now that portray guns as devices of evil.

the Streif likes this.
  15. peewee

peewee Registered User

The alert goes to the parent who decided to use this software. If my kid was taught gun safety and was being supervised then I would have no problem with the picture either. If they were fucking around at a friends house with a gun they knew nothing about I would want to know that. Again where is the problem? This is not some Facebook policy that somehow demonizes guns, it's a tool that helps parents who choose to use.

16. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I answered the question already. The app is designed to capitalize on the current scare campaign against guns. It's not Facebook demonizing guns, it's the assholes that made the app.

I was joking originally, but I want to see what would happen if someone DID make an app that scans for people of color in a kid's Facebook.

Meanwhile, Facebook DOES have a history of banning people who post non politically correct content. That includes pro gun accounts. It's not widespread, but it is happening. All it takes is two or three assholes reporting the page because it hurts their feelings. Facebook is NOT on the side of right in just about every case.

17. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

I have to take your side on this one. Even the best parent in the world can't control someone else's kids and you definitely can't control your kid's friends' parents. Peer pressure is a hell of an influence--especially if that peer pressure involves a weapon that may or may not be viewed as a threat by your kid. Kids have never and will never be 100% honest with their parents, so "raising your kid right" doesn't mean your kid won't do something stupid and try to hide it from you. If a parent doesn't want their kid playing with a gun or hanging out in a situation where other people are playing with one then there's nothing wrong with using a program that will let you know if they are. If I had a kid I'd rather use that to spy on him than have to listen to his stupid friend tell me he's sorry for killing him and that he thought the gun wasn't loaded because it never was before.