Facebreaker PS3, 360 (Punch-Out!)

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Looks like they are using the Team Fortress style of graphics, which blows ass.
Fixed that for ya. If I wanted cartoony graphics I'd buy a Wii.

They have a lot to live up to after Fight Night Round Three

And BTW, if you have not played FNR3 yet, do so immediately. It's a fantastic game.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Fixed that for ya. If I wanted cartoony graphics I'd buy a Wii.

They have a lot to live up to after Fight Night Round Three

And BTW, if you have not played FNR3 yet, do so immediately. It's a fantastic game.
So Team Fortress blows but Fight Night 3 is the shit? Jeez you have the worst taste.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
So Team Fortress blows but Fight Night 3 is the shit? Jeez you have the worst taste.
Just the graphics my friend, just the graphics. I hate cartoony graphics.

And Fight Night 3 IS the shit.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Just the graphics my friend, just the graphics. I hate cartoony graphics.

And Fight Night 3 IS the shit.
I'll happily take gameplay and originality over graphics any day.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
I'll happily take gameplay and originality over graphics any day.
I agree 100%, that's why I've been a die hard GTA fan. I just don't understand how you make great gameplay and cover it with animation from an Animaniacs cartoon. They took the time to make the cartoony graphics look that good. Why not make realistic graphics that look that good and leave the cartoons to the kids?

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I agree 100%, that's why I've been a die hard GTA fan. I just don't understand how you make great gameplay and cover it with animation from an Animaniacs cartoon. They took the time to make the cartoony graphics look that good. Why not make realistic graphics that look that good and leave the cartoons to the kids?
Why don't you leave video games to kids? <--That question is as inane as yours. Both are something someone who's closed minded and out of touch would say.

It's obvious why they chose that style of graphics. Same reason TF2 chose its style of graphics. Why make an unrealistic game with realistic graphics? And how would Facebreakers have any humor with realistic graphics? TF2 discovered that when they switched to the new style everything made sense. Suddenly they gained a great deal of freedom, found humorous angles to take, ways to give the characters personality they wouldn't have normally had, and certain gameplay elements no longer needed to make sense or be explained. You wouldn't tell a painter to put down his childish brush and pick up a camera would you?

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
Graphics debates aside....I think EA is trying to get as close to Punch-Out as possible, without getting into a lawsuit. Going with Incredibles-style graphics gives them more creative freedom to do so.

I've never played Fight Night Round 3....are there any problems with the PS3 version of the game? It's EA, I have to ask!

Dec 9, 2004
This sounds more like Ready to Rumble and not Fight Night.

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
I have FN3 for the 360 and I don't just like it, I LOOOVE IT! FN3 is supposed to have realistic graphics its modeled after REAL BOXERS. I wouldn't want to play with a cartoon version of Ali, Ward or Lamatta. if you don't have FN3 get it.

that said, this game looks alright I would rent before I buy though.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
That's asking a lot for an EA Sports game. :icon_conf
Yeah no kidding. I'm pretty sure this is just a clever ruse to rerelease FN3. Just make some new player models and over the top animations and you've got yourself a new game under the guise of a modern day punch out.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
Yeah no kidding. I'm pretty sure this is just a clever ruse to rerelease FN3. Just make some new player models and over the top animations and you've got yourself a new game under the guise of a modern day punch out.
Works for me. I spent countless hours playing Tyson's Punch-Out, probably the best NES game ever made. Also was a big fan of Ring King...

I guess I'll see if my local Gamestop has a used FN3.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
Here's some interesting things I found about the PS3 version:

• Get in the Ring—Rely on your instincts in this PLAYSTATION®3-exclusive game mode that allows you to fight through the eyes of your boxer from the moment he enters the ring.
  • ESPN Integration—ESPN raises the bar with this all-new level of integration only available on the PLAYSTATION 3. Get the latest scores and news with ESPN Motion’s streaming video content, live ticker updates, ESPN Radio and ESPNEWS.
  • Split-Screen Multiplayer Action—Punish your rival and go head to head against your friends in PLAYSTATION®3-exclusive split-screen battles.
  • Online Gameplay – EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 features online play with PLAYSTATION 3 online.

It's only $30 new....

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
only 30 huh, I'd rather pay 8 to play super punch out on virtual console instead

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Graphics debates aside....I think EA is trying to get as close to Punch-Out as possible, without getting into a lawsuit. Going with Incredibles-style graphics gives them more creative freedom to do so.

I've never played Fight Night Round 3....are there any problems with the PS3 version of the game? It's EA, I have to ask!
Here's some interesting things I found about the PS3 version:
  • Get in the Ring—Rely on your instincts in this PLAYSTATION®3-exclusive game mode that allows you to fight through the eyes of your boxer from the moment he enters the ring.
  • ESPN Integration—ESPN raises the bar with this all-new level of integration only available on the PLAYSTATION 3. Get the latest scores and news with ESPN Motion’s streaming video content, live ticker updates, ESPN Radio and ESPNEWS.
  • Split-Screen Multiplayer Action—Punish your rival and go head to head against your friends in PLAYSTATION®3-exclusive split-screen battles.
  • Online Gameplay – EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 features online play with PLAYSTATION 3 online.
It's only $30 new....
Never heard of any problems and the game is worth every penny. That being said, I bet you could even find a used PS3 version at this point.

I will warn you that the game isn't very good online. There are some tricks that nerf the game.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
how do i lose the thread because I'm telling you that super punch out for snes will probably entertain me more than some wanna-be that cant even command the full price of a ps3 or xbox game. If it ever came on virtual console or live, it would cost around 8 bucks. and it does look a lot more like ready to rumble. but whatever i "lost" the thread

Dec 9, 2004
how do i lose the thread because I'm telling you that super punch out for snes will probably entertain me more than some wanna-be that cant even command the full price of a ps3 or xbox game. If it ever came on virtual console or live, it would cost around 8 bucks. and it does look a lot more like ready to rumble. but whatever i "lost" the thread
Fight Night has been out for over a year now, that's why it's $30.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
only 30 huh, I'd rather pay 8 to play super punch out on virtual console instead
I don' know 'bout ya'll, but I'm fucking confused."whaa"