Fallout 3, more details.

Bobobie

I read a very short Blurb about Fallout 3 in a gaming magazine someone brought to work. Lian Neeson has agreed to do the voice of the central characters father. They also had some concept art of Nuked Washinton DC, so it looks like Bethdesa is going to make the games location in their kneck of the woods, Maryland. Black Isles Studio was on the west coast, so naturally the first two games were located there. They are being very secretive about the game, but its good to hear that its actually in active production!!!

It's hard to believe that Fallout 2 came out in 1998.

Bobobie

No, it was barely a dozen sentences strung together. The DC pic wasn't even game rendered, it looked like a concept painting.

HumpX

Character Assassin
No, it was barely a dozen sentences strung together. The DC pic wasn't even game rendered, it looked like a concept painting.
that concept drawing has been around for close to a year.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Can't wait for this. Tactics just wet my appetite for a real fallout game.

Being a huge Oblivion fan, if Bethesda is creating this then I have high hopes.

abudabit

New Wackbag
If they make it like Oblivion I will be pissed. Large like Oblivion yes, anything else like Oblivion then fuck no.

Improvements over Fallout 2 that would be awesome would be bigger / more open ended, more interactive environment, improved tactical complexity, and npc's that react more to events.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
If its Oblivion with Guns, Ill be one of the ones storming their offices and burning the place down.

Bobobie

I'm just glad its actually being made. I blame the long wait on a certain French Fuck who drove Interplay into the ground.

Hate & Discontent

Id rather see it never made at all than made poorly or made in a way untrue to Fallout 1 and 2. Better to let the series die than disgrace it with a fucking piss poor game.

Grem

Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
The trailer is out guys, it looks pretty cool. But it doesn't come out until fall 2008.

Bobobie

Why? It must seem pretty dated now and you know the entire map now. I loved the original Wasteland but could never play it now. Mostly because it would look horrible by todays standards.

Hate & Discontent

Still play F1 and F2, still love them.
The teaser gives me hope. Lots of hope. Now if only they get the gameplay as spot-on as the feel of that teaser.
Vault Boy, Nuka-Cola (well, assuming its Nuka-Cola, it looks like it), and the Corvega car all appear in the teaser, and Ron Perlman's voice in the teaser is newly recorded for Bethesda, not recycled. The song is (if Im not way off the fucking mark) the same song as the opening cinematic of Fallout 1.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
Why? It must seem pretty dated now and you know the entire map now. I loved the original Wasteland but could never play it now. Mostly because it would look horrible by todays standards.
oh...I'm replaying it because I never finished it :icon_redf
and yes, the song is the same as in Fallout & Fallout 2...

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Gameplay 1st, grafics 2nd, don't be a sucker for eye candy. Fallout 1 & 2 were to of the greatest games ever made.

Grem

Enjoying life one T-Cell at a time.
It was a Teaser not a full trailer.

Hate & Discontent

Sorry, got myself confused. The song in the F3 trailer is the one Interplay WANTED to use iN F1, but couldnt get licensing for. So they used a different song by the same band. The one in the F3 teaser is "I Dont Want to Set The World On Fire", and the song from F1 was "Maybe".

Bobobie

Gameplay 1st, grafics 2nd, don't be a sucker for eye candy. Fallout 1 & 2 were to of the greatest games ever made.

I agree and the death animations and graphics were great for a turn based game of that time. I'd have no problem playing it if there were an expansion pack. I just hate covering old ground.