Fallout 4

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
[QUOTE
Fallout 4 Showed at E3 2013, Out in 2015 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 – Report
SHARE:
Adjust text size:

- A new Fallout game is coming
Fallout 4 has apparently been shown to several journalists behind closed doors at E3 2013 last week and, according to a new report, the post-apocalyptic RPG will be released in 2015 for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, as well as for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Bethesda has been working on quite a few different projects, as it's set to publish titles like The Evil Within, Wolfenstein: The New Order, of The Elder Scrolls Online.

Meanwhile, it seems that the developer is also working on Fallout 4, as apparently some teaser info has been revealed behind closed doors at E3 2013.

According to a report from BubbleNews, Fallout 4 is 55% done but Bethesda doesn't expect to release it until October 2015. The game will be a cross-gen one, meaning it will appear for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

The platform list might change, but its locations have been nailed down, as they'll focus on Cambridge, Somerville, Arlington, and the Boston area.

The story is unclear, but there will be vaults that can be explored by the player. A local cooperative multiplayer mode could also be included but it's not yet clear.
][/QUOTE]
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fall...PS4-Xbox-One-PS3-Xbox-360-Report-361446.shtml

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
about fucking time. I hope it is more along the lines of Fallout 3. New Vegas was ok but I liked 3 better. Hopefully they work out all the glitching and freezing of the game. Bring back Three Dog and Galaxy News Radio!

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Hope they take their sweet fucking time and do it up right. No rush. Make it good like F3 and F:NV. Multi can fuck off too. Nice thought, but I don't care. Solid single player and I'm happy.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Hopefully they use the writers and designers from FNV and the programmers and testers from Skyrim.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Loved 3 and NV but hated the fact I spent way too much time picking up everything and selling/hoarding stuff just in case I ended up needing the item (schematics) or to sell for ammo.

LumpyRedSubmarine

Degenerate Nobody to Everyone
Aug 28, 2013
In Your Basement! Brooding...
Loved 3 and NV but hated the fact I spent way too much time picking up everything and selling/hoarding stuff just in case I ended up needing the item (schematics) or to sell for ammo.
Fallout is the ultimate game for hoarders, if you think about it.

Dec 12, 2007
Well since you got duped here's some actual news on Fallout: New Vegas 2, or Fallout: LA from earlier this year.

And Here’s Obsidian’s Idea For Fallout: New Vegas 2
By Nathan Grayson on February 12th, 2013 at 11:00 am.

Tweet this

When you speak with someone in Las Vegas, the topic of conversation naturally shifts to Vegas-themed things. In the case of Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart, that meant Star Wars, of course. Oh, and I guess Fallout: New Vegas. During a DICE chat that lasted innumerable moons, months, seasons, and centuries, Urquhart and I briefly touched on his studio’s return to its old techno-magically irradiated Black Isle haunt. “Oh, we’d love to do Fallout: New Vegas 2,” he enthused. “It would be awesome.” But how would that work? And is Bethesda on board with the idea? Here’s what Urquhart had to say.

“If I think of going from Fallout 1 to Fallout 2, we tried to associate the two areas somewhat closely,” he explained to RPS. “It wasn’t just ‘Oh, we’re gonna do this 2,000 miles from here.’ So I think if we were to do Fallout: New Vegas 2 – or just a new Fallout – we would probably separate it from what the internal team at Bethesda’s doing. We’d keep it on the West Coast, because we’re West Coast people. They’re East Coast, so it makes sense.”

“And we need an interesting confined area. So I mean, it could be LA. Fallout LA. That could be interesting. It’d probably be The Boneyard, which is from Fallout 1. It could be very different. It could be almost a Walking Dead meets Fallout-like thing because of all the radiation.”

Which, of course, sounds pretty damn enticing. But there’s a lot more to making a bombed-out wasteland than, well, dropping some bombs. Red tape abounds, and Urquhart didn’t deny that it’s kind of a kick in the head. But Obsidian and Bethesda are definitely on good terms, so there’s plenty of hope.

“We talk to Bethesda all the time,” he said. “And I think the challenge here doesn’t just apply to Bethesda specifically, but to a lot of publishers in general. But basically, what does all the [current] console crap mean? The challenge in this period of time has been, you have this console transition, and it’s strange that they’re still not announced. But that always creates a disruption in the industry. And now you mix in [the emergence of] mobile and F2P stuff, and it’s left a lot of people reeling.”

“So that’s a lot of the conversation we’ve had with publishers. ‘OK, how do we get back to normal – whatever normal is going to be.’ That’s just the process right now.”

Meanwhile, I also managed to pull Bethesda’s Todd Howard aside and get his two cents, which basically amounted to a reiteration of Urquhart’s sentiment. Nothing’s set in stone, but New Vegas was great, and having another go at it certainly makes an awful lot of sense. So, right then, fingers crossed. Extra radiation-borne ones too, if you’ve got ‘em.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ns-idea-for-fallout-new-vegas-2/#more-141816n

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Dec 12, 2007
Not actual news. There are no actual plans from Bethesda to have Obsidian make a sequel, just people at Obsidian playing "What if".
The head mucky muck of Bethesda since Morrowind (Todd Howard) saying he thinks it's a good idea once the whole console transition gets hammered out is news. Obsidian saying they want to pitch a new game in LA and they speak with Bethesda on a regular basis about the subject is news.

You sir, are a stick in the mud.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
obsidian also has some of their own IP in development now. They may not be available for sequel.

Sent from my DA788 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 12, 2007
obsidian also has some of their own IP in development now. They may not be available for sequel.

Sent from my DA788 using Tapatalk 2
The official decision probably wouldn't be made until after Fallout: Boston had been on the shelves a while.

Discoman

Donator
Feb 21, 2010
New York
I'd prefer Obsidian to work on whatever would be the new Fallout game. New Vegas was well thought out and hearkened back to Fallout 1 and 2 in some ways. Never got that vibe from F3.

Dec 12, 2007
I'd prefer Obsidian to work on whatever would be the new Fallout game. New Vegas was well thought out and hearkened back to Fallout 1 and 2 in some ways. Never got that vibe from F3.
Many of the people who made fallout 1 and 2 work at obsidian now. That's probably why.

siliconsoul

Snarky Cunt
Aug 13, 2013
I don't want to set the world on fire.

But I will if Fallout 4 isn't officially announced soon.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
It's more than likely that they began working on the conceptual stage of the game while starting on the DLC for Skyrim. Figure a minimum of 3 years from the release date of Skyrim. Around that time was when Bethesda was poking around MIT, the rumored area for the next game.

Dec 12, 2007
It's more than likely that they began working on the conceptual stage of the game while starting on the DLC for Skyrim. Figure a minimum of 3 years from the release date of Skyrim. Around that time was when Bethesda was poking around MIT, the rumored area for the next game.
They want more robots and less super mutants/BOS if I remember right. They think the latter two have been covered to much in past games.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Fuck robots and railroads. Tthe complete lack of motorized vehicles is odd. Especially when they still have active fusion power plants in most of them.

Assholes & Elbows

The Rabbi gets the salary,The Mohel gets the tips
Aug 26, 2013
United States of Amnesia
I wish the next Fallout would deal more with the event that led up to the nuclear war and life directly after it happened.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I wish the next Fallout would deal more with the event that led up to the nuclear war and life directly after it happened.
I'd love to see a DLC playing as the Father in the Caves from Honest Hearts...

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
I just got new Vegas on steam. I'm good for a bit. So far it doesn't seem as big as 3 but I'm only lv 10.