Fallout 76

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
From Gamesrant

Knowing that the game’s title is Fallout 76, Internet sleuths have been able to search through online archives for references to the game prior to its announcement. They’re looking for leaks that went unnoticed. A handful of results were immediately discovered, stemming from both 4chan and Reddit, with one post on the former site even revealing the game’s title as early as December 2017.

Here’s what three different posts on 4chan made by anonymous users, as collected by Twitter user Nibel, said about Fallout 76:

• “fallout 76, a fallout themed Rust clone coming soon”
  • “**** if I know if it’s going to be at E3. It’s called Fallout 76, I heard about it over the holidays so it might’ve been canned.”

• “it’s called Fallout 76 and the map is set alongside an interstate highway”
Note that all of these potential leaks are highly suspect. These anonymous posters may just have been making up their information and got lucky, or they may have known a little and made up the rest. Nevertheless, they did have the correct title prior to an official Fallout 76announcement.

The Reddit leak is a little bit different in that it’s not from a wholly anonymous source. The user SoMeh revealed Bethesda would be announcing “Fallout: Vault 76” just hours before the official reveal. They described the game as, “a game surrounding the base building element.” Coincidentally, SoMeh also vouches for the Nintendo E3 Showcaseleak that many dismissed as faked.

More reputable sources are getting in on the fun, too. Jason Schreier of Kotaku is reporting that he’s heard, unofficially, that Fallout 76 is an online game being co-developed by the main Bethesda studio and Battlecry Studios. Battlecry is known for working on a team-based online multiplayer hero shooter, also named Battlecry, that’s been canceled. Schreier says anyone expecting a single-player RPG will be “disappointed.”

Exactly what Fallout 76 is will likely have to wait until Bethesda’s E3 2018 media showcase on June 10. Is it indeed an online multiplayer “Rust clone,” set in Vault 76 alongside an interstate highway, built around Fallout 4‘s settlement building feature? Time will tell. Nevertheless, there’s very likely a good reason Bethesda felt comfortable announcing a new Fallout game, but remained unwilling to show any gameplay just yet.

More details for Fallout 76 will be announced at the Bethesda E3 Showcase on Sunday, June 10.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Now where's my Vault Boy avatar....

BIV

Fallout 76: What Is Vault 76, And Everything Else We Know About Bethesda's New Game
The Fallout trailer and announcement have fans buzzing about Vault 76.
Last updated by Chris Pereira on May 30, 2018 at 10:46AM

Bethesda has officially revealed Fallout 76, the next entry in its beloved RPG franchise. After a day of teases, it announced the game with a brief teaser trailer that gives us some hints at what to expect and its Vault 76 setting. But as Bethesda boss Todd Howard said just before it debuted, this was only meant as a tease--more is coming at E3 2018.

Still, we do know more than you might think after a single viewing. We've gone through the video a number of times and noticed a few noteworthy things. Bethesda has also confirmed the game's platforms, although there's not yet any word on a release date. That said, the company has made a habit of not announcing things far in advance, so it's reasonable to expect the wait won't be terribly long.
More will undoubtedly be revealed during Bethesda's E3 press conference, which happens on June 10. We'll also be hearing more about Rage 2 and whatever other projects the company has in the works--it's already teased that this will be its biggest show ever.

What Platforms Is It On?
Bethesda has confirmed Fallout 76 is being released for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Unfortunately, there's no word about a Nintendo Switch release, which didn't seem out of the question after the Skyrim re-release made it to that platform. That could always be coming later, but for the time being, it's only coming to those three platforms.

Who's Developing It?
Bethesda Game Studios, the Maryland-based developer responsible for the Elder Scrolls series and both Fallout 3and Fallout 4, is at work on the game. It's possible other Bethesda studios are also working on the project, but BGS is the only one confirmed in the extremely brief fact sheet shared with the press. Obsidian, developer of the beloved Fallout: New Vegas, had previously suggested it isn't involved with what Bethesda was teasing.

What Is Vault 76?
Given the game's name and what we see in the trailer, Vault 76 is seemingly set to play a major role in the game. Although it's not a place we've visited before, this isn't the series' first mention of it. Both Fallout 3 and 4 reference it and, according to the Fallout Wikia, it was occupied by 500 people who were meant to be a control group. It was intended to be opened 20 years after a nuclear war. A poster seen in the Vault shows its existence was meant to mark the United States' tricentennial in 2076.

When Does It Take Place?
Fallout 76 is at least partially set in the year 2102, based on the date subtly displayed on a Pip-Boy in the trailer. In Fallout lore, the bombs fell in 2077, and the first Fallout game was set in 2161; Fallout 2 in 2241; Fallout 3 in 2277; New Vegas in 2281; and Fallout 4 in 2287. That would mean this game is set far earlier than any previous title, which could offer a different sort of perspective on the world. The specific date on the Pip-Boy is October 27, 2102; that could be pointing to a release date for the game.

What Is Reclamation Day?
One of the most striking shots in the trailer shows the Vault's atrium decorated for something called Reclamation Day. Based on the celebration and imagery, it's likely this is the day the Vault is meant to open and the occupants are meant to begin rebuilding the outside world. What's curious is that the aforementioned dates don't quite match up--if the Vault was supposed to open 20 years after the bombs fell, why have 25 years gone by?

What Song Is Playing?
The trailer begins with the Pip-Boy playing a song--"Country Roads" by John Denver. It talks about going home to West Virginia, which could perhaps serve as the location for the Vault 76 and the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...vault-76-and-everything-else-we/1100-6459293/

BIV

Hopefully it's better that fallout 4
Fallout 4 was great. Maybe not as good as 3, though it had better systems, but certainly better than New Vegas.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Fallout 4 was great. Maybe not as good as 3, though it had better systems, but certainly better than New Vegas.
Agree. I modded and played the fuck out of F4. Survival mode was awesome.

BIV

Agree. I modded and played the fuck out of F4. Survival mode was awesome.
The next real Fallout game they really need to work on the story. Though, it's not urgent for this series.

I'm still hoping this doesn't derail a Starfield announcement.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
The next real Fallout game they really need to work on the story. Though, it's not urgent for this series.

I'm still hoping this doesn't derail a Starfield announcement.
I almost never even bother finishing the main story of Fallout games. The side quests are where it’s at.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I almost never even bother finishing the main story of Fallout games. The side quests are where it’s at.
Fallout 4 had memorable side quests? All I remember was the Silver Shroud and that wasn't even good.

Discoman

Donator
With the "You must rebuild " I'm guessing this is a Build your own base with friends against raiders kind of game. If Vault 76 was supposedly normal one would think they would have a GECK and it wouldn't be a big deal.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I did over 120 hours on Fallout 3 and I never finished it. Hopefully this brings me back.

BIV

This guy does superior work. I'm really looking forward to this:

BIV

With the "You must rebuild " I'm guessing this is a Build your own base with friends against raiders kind of game. If Vault 76 was supposedly normal one would think they would have a GECK and it wouldn't be a big deal.
It's an interesting setting lore-wise.

This is the same year, that The Master created the super mutants on the west coast.

So if this really takes place in Virgina (that song is actually about western Virginia, not West Virginia and lore has Vault 76 in Virginia) then it could be mutant free.

The rumors that it's a rust clone adds to the heavy building mechanic speculation. Another interesting note is that Bethesda Austin had been working on a hero shooter before Bethesda scrapped it.

And Bethesda knows online, ESO is still a massive hit.

Bobobie

If this is some kind of PVP game like Rust, or a battle royale game like PUBG then I've no interest in it. This will be the second FO title I've skipped because it wasn't an RPG. The other one was Tactics. I hate multi-player. The last Multiplayer game I played where the people were not complete dicks was Interstate 76. That's another reason I'm not happy with this Title. If it has 76 in the title then there should be some cars with rocket launchers and 50 cal machine guns mounted on them. I guess the one good thing is it isn't a MORPG that would kill a Fallout 5.

BIV

If this is some kind of PVP game like Rust, or a battle royale game like PUBG then I've no interest in it. This will be the second FO title I've skipped because it wasn't an RPG. The other one was Tactics. I hate multi-player. The last Multiplayer game I played where the people were not complete dicks was Interstate 76. That's another reason I'm not happy with this Title. If it has 76 in the title then there should be some cars with rocket launchers and 50 cal machine guns mounted on them. I guess the one good thing is it isn't a MORPG that would kill a Fallout 5.

I'm hoping it's at least like The Division where pvp is optional.

It is supposed to have a story and side quests. And pvp is purely optional in ESO.

BIV

Another side note is the rumor mill says this was originally going to be online DLC for Fallout 4, but they changed course and made it it's own thing.

BIV

Lots of concise info here:

BIV

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.

Damn you just stole my heart. I need this game to be remade.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I like multiplayer but not for these games. I’ll be watching.