Fallout 76

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Ummm...k.

Don’t worry, Fallout 5 Minecraft is estimated to be out in 9 years.
Whatever. Enjoy your hours of holotapes and janky performance.

Not sure why they thought they could make a story based game without NPCs.

PvP is always shit, but this version seems even worse than normal.

It's not like you play fallout for the gameplay. You play for the story and sandbox.

Either make an MMO or don't. I don't understand what the hook is here.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

It's not like you play fallout for the gameplay. You play for the story and sandbox.

Weren't you a massive fan of Fallout 4? Posting houses you made all the time?

This is basically Fallout 4 with a giant map and survival mode. 76 is the one good part of Fallout 4 made into a larger game.

Also, Fallout has never had a good story with bethesda. Black Isle/Obsidian did the good stories.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Weren't you a massive fan of Fallout 4? Posting houses you made all the time?

This is basically Fallout 4 with a giant map and survival mode. 76 is the one good part of Fallout 4 made into a larger game.

Also, Fallout has never had a good story with bethesda. Black Isle/Obsidian did the good stories.
He, like the fat dude in his video, is butthurt it isn’t single player, with human NPCs telling amaaaaaimg stories that never get boring.

The game is good, most especially with buddies to play with, which I’ve been doing.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

For every video you post of butthurt single player carebears crying, I can post over a billion of people who like it.

K?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
He, like the fat dude in his video, is butthurt it isn’t single player, with human NPCs telling amaaaaaimg stories that never get boring.

The game is good, most especially with buddies to play with, which I’ve been doing.
I've done nothing but play solo and I'm having fun exploring the gi-fucking-gantic map. I like searching for trash, breaking it down and looking for blueprints and power armor. Its like a big scavenger hunt because it all spawns randomly.

If you wanna play solo then all you need to do is throw 4 points into Lone Wanderer. 20% less damage and +30ap regen when not in a group, works wonders.

So, mods aren't supposed to be a thing until private servers buuuuut here we are. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...gating-a-potential-huge-hacking-vulnerability
And then there's that, which is possibly a big bummer. Some friends and I were rather looking forward to this.
I got the game because I could see it being very good in the long run. Its fun now, but I see a lot of possibility for the future. Frankly, I don't really care if it fizzles in a few months either. I can always try monster hunter world or whatever.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I've done nothing but play solo and I'm having fun exploring the gi-fucking-gantic map. I like searching for trash, breaking it down and looking for blueprints and power armor. Its like a big scavenger hunt because it all spawns randomly.

If you wanna play solo then all you need to do is throw 4 points into Lone Wanderer. 20% less damage and +30ap regen when not in a group, works wonders.

I got the game because I could see it being very good in the long run. Its fun now, but I see a lot of possibility for the future. Frankly, I don't really care if it fizzles in a few months either. I can always try monster hunter world or whatever.
The CAMP system is cool. You can blueprint it a a whole and redeploy where you need it.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
The CAMP system is cool. You can blueprint it a a whole and redeploy where you need it.
I built my camp in the cliffs above that golf course with all the robots taking care of it. I gotta move it somewhere else though. Fucking super mutants have a tiny camp right above me and bust my stupid turrets up.

BIV

I've seen just as many multi-player guys bitching about the gimped pvp.

As for soloing, the biggest complaint I'm hearing is that it's the same mission over and over. You are told over and over "go to *insert person here*" for whatever reason...but you know before you get there that the person is always dead. Then the way you learn your next pointless mission is by listening to a droning 5 minute holotape that leads you to the next dead body.

That sounds terrible.

Yeah, the main story in the good Fallout games always seems to be naff. They should have stopped attempting that a while ago and just leaned into the sandbox.

Where the games shine are the characters and side missions, which are consistently great. I don't know how it's Fallout without that.

I imagine I'll give the game a shot, but I'm not encouraged.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I've seen just as many multi-player guys bitching about the gimped pvp.

As for soloing, the biggest complaint I'm hearing is that it's the same mission over and over. You are told over and over "go to *insert person here*" for whatever reason...but you know before you get there that the person is always dead. Then the way you learn your next pointless mission is by listening to a droning 5 minute holotape that leads you to the next dead body.

That sounds terrible.

Yeah, the main story in the good Fallout games always seems to be naff. They should have stopped attempting that a while ago and just leaned into the sandbox.

Where the games shine are the characters and side missions, which are consistently great. I don't know how it's Fallout without that.

I imagine I'll give the game a shot, but I'm not encouraged.
There was only one mission in Fallout 4 I liked, death claw mother wants her egg. All the others did nothing for me. Sure, the quests suck here too, but I pretty much just click through them to get my xp so I can explore more.

This game is the sand box you said you wanted. Build a home wherever you want and collect shit to make bigger and better shit. Explore to find even more shit. Patches will add NPCs in time because people are complaining.

No one demands you play it. Play Red Dead 2, play monster hunter world, play call of du.... actually, ignore that last one.

@Mags btw, they're increasing stash size after launch. Thank god for that. I ran out of space days ago.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Pre ordered this bitch earlier from Amazon. Their stated delivery date of the 20th is worrisome. Wouldn't be great to lose the future $10 credit, but fuck waiting. Might as well use my God given right as an American to complain to some customer service schmuck in India. Or at least ask first and complain later.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Pre ordered this bitch earlier from Amazon. Their stated delivery date of the 20th is worrisome. Wouldn't be great to lose the future $10 credit, but fuck waiting. Might as well use my God given right as an American to complain to some customer service schmuck in India. Or at least ask first and complain later.
Want one of my friend beta codes? Amazon might not send you the code in time. You can download the game this way as well.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Want one of my friend beta codes? Amazon might not send you the code in time. You can download the game this way as well.
Fuck yeah dude! I just cancelled my physical order because I'm a retard and hastily ordered at work. Just did the digital pre order.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I was one leg short of making my excavator suit.

Got a full suit of T-45 armor though, and an almost full suit of T-60, but I cant wear that for 12 more lvls.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I was one leg short of making my excavator suit.

Got a full suit of T-45 armor though, and an almost full suit of T-60, but I cant wear that for 12 more lvls.
Try any CAMP or workshop stuff?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
SO, what is the general opinion after the beta? From what I've looked at it still seems just ok.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
SO, what is the general opinion after the beta? From what I've looked at it still seems just ok.
If you want good quests, look elsewhere.

If you want to explore and play a fun survival game, its worth it.

I love the survival game The Long Dark. So I personally really enjoy it. Plus I believe that it has a lot of long term potential to get better as it ages with patches.

BIV

Decided to rent this for the weekend and see for myself. Still hearing it's woefully lacking in content, though.