Fallout 76

Decided to rent this for the weekend and see for myself. Still hearing it's woefully lacking in content, though.
This is the problem I'm running into.

I did most of my lvling and now I'm just hunting for plans and blue prints.

I was doing some server hopping to look for weapon plans and came across a nuke site. I ran into one legendary creature I've seen no where else and found nothing else but scorced and a stupid scorcebeast. This game needs some updates.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm not far in. Took about 45 minutes to make a character who kind of, but not really, looks like me. Then played for another 90 minutes.

Um....those character models.....That's some serious last gen stuff right there. Independent studios are rocking far better character models at this point.

I haven't done much. Much of what I've done is just running around and hitting robots with a machete. Got to the first camp, made some armor and the like.

First off, they have leaned into the worst part of fallout, which is the survival stuff. Having to maintain food and drink isn't fun, has never been fun, and needs to stop unless it's specifically a survival game....which Fallout shouldn't be. It should be a campy adventure game.

Second, okay, it's a survival game. So I need to collect lumber for my base. I have an axe, so let me go up to this tree here and.....oh....oh.

I'm going to have to collect pencils, aren't I?

The building system in FO4 was antiquated, but you could put up with it because it was pretty deep and glitches, which may or may not have been intentional, gave you freedom to build some amazing shit.

But it was antiquated and this system seems to be a step back, if anything.

The shooting was spotty in FO4, but that was okay since your not really supposed to be shooting freehand anyway.

But they tanked VATS to the point that it's almost unusable.

And the animations.....the horrid fucking animations.

Starfield has been one of my most anticipated games. But if this is the engine they plan on using here on out, as they seem to indicate, my excitement level just took a huge drop.

I'm not far in. Took about 45 minutes to make a character who kind of, but not really, looks like me. Then played for another 90 minutes.

Um....those character models.....That's some serious last gen stuff right there. Independent studios are rocking far better character models at this point.

I haven't done much. Much of what I've done is just running around and hitting robots with a machete. Got to the first camp, made some armor and the like.

First off, they have leaned into the worst part of fallout, which is the survival stuff. Having to maintain food and drink isn't fun, has never been fun, and needs to stop unless it's specifically a survival game....which Fallout shouldn't be. It should be a campy adventure game.

Second, okay, it's a survival game. So I need to collect lumber for my base. I have an axe, so let me go up to this tree here and.....oh....oh.

The building system in FO4 was antiquated, but you could put up with it because it was pretty deep and glitches, which may or may not have been intentional, gave you freedom to build some amazing shit.

The shooting was spotty in FO4, but that was okay since your not really supposed to be shooting freehand anyway.

Starfield has been one of my most anticipated games. But if this is the engine they plan on using here on out, as they seem to indicate, my excitement level just took a huge drop.
Best place for wood is scrapped guns/wood piles.

I've found 3 vaults that can't be opened. I'm guessing these are what they're talking about adding in the future. Probably going to have the games first NPCs as well.

Vault Jimcy.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Sounds like a heavily modded FO4. Glitches and all. Wait for FO5 I guess? Or does this count as FO5?

Upcoming Fixes Before the End of the Year

• November 19 Patch - The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms but will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
  • Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
  • Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
  • Ultrawide Support for PC – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
  • FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.

As always, we strive to make Fallout 76 a better experience and value all your feedback and reports of issues on reddit, Twitter, our official forums and other places.
Looking ahead to 2019

We teased in our launch letter some of what’s to come next. In addition to constantly making fixes and changes, there will be new content and game systems that add to the life and experiences in Appalachia. We’ll see new Vaults opening, new ways to easily improve your C.A.M.P.s, ways to create, team-up, and faction-based PvP, and many more free add-ons we haven’t talked about yet. In addition, you will see articles each week that highlight new events, content, and features we’re excited to share. We look forward to growing Fallout 76 with you.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

Survival was the BEST part of Fallout 4. Playing without it was simply practice/Minecraft Mode.

VATS works great in this game.

I hope they increased the cap limit on vendors. Bulking up excess shit from my great spring hunt takes most of their caps very quickly.

BIV

I rented this for the weekend and never touched it after the first day.

BIV

I'll never get the adoration of New Vegas. The story was the best of the series, but the gameplay was the worst (at least, until 76) and the world outside the major set pieces was boring as fuck.

I liked the game, but it was certainly a step down from FO3

Last edited:

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing

I'll never get the adoration of New Vegas. The story was the best of the series, but the gameplay was the worst (at least, until 76) and the world outside the major set pieces was boring as fuck.

I liked the game, but it was certainly a step down from FO3
I agree. Enjoyed FO3 more than NV.

BIV

Not to worry, Fallout 5 is scheduled to drop in about 9 years.
I'll try again in a few months. I have too much game right now. A few updates to the game can't hurt, either.

BIV

Fallout 76’s next patch swats bugs, buffs automatic weapons and increases the Stash

11 comments

Patch notes spell out what’s on deck for Dec. 4 update

By Owen S. Good Nov 30, 2018, 11:48am EST

Fallout 76’s next patch, out Dec. 4, will fix a ton of bugs that have plagued the game since its Nov. 14 launch, as well as deliver an enhanced Stash size and other quality-of-life adjustments, according to patch notes that developer Bethesda Game Studios published Friday

The enhanced Stash (now 600, was 400) requested almost immediately by Fallout 76players, was announced on Monday when Bethesda Softworks acknowledged the game’s slipshod launch and poor reception. So was a fix for the loot dropped by boss-level characters; they will now drop between two and four items, of quality commensurate to the enemy’s difficulty and level.

Other highlights that players will be relieved to hear: Automatic weapon damage will receive a badly needed boost, by 20 percent (which still may not be enough, to be honest). A glitch where enemies health bars and call-outs persisted on screen when they were no longer in view will also be corrected. So will problems at the CAMP, where stored items weren’t showing up and turrets disappeared once damaged beyond a functioning state (both of which happened to me).

Fallout 76 is also getting an AFK notice, sort of, in that players will be disconnected from the server after 10 minutes of inactivity, with a one-minute timer warning issued beforehand. Players who die while over-encumbered will also be able to respawn at their nearest discovered location instead of just back at Vault 76.

And, of course, “the Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.”

Version 1.0.2.0 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One will roll out Dec. 4, with another, meatier patch to follow on Dec. 11. That one will include additional settings for PC, a respeccing option for players’ SPECIALs once they go above level 50, and other CAMP improvements.

Fallout 76 opened to nonplussed reactions during a two-week beta in late October and early November, and the launch dragged poor review scores and disappointed players into the mix. We’ve been as frustrated as any fanwith Fallout 76, seeing plenty of potential for Fallout’s first multiplayer entry but unable to ignore its many shortcomings.

Fallout 76’s next patch swats bugs, buffs automatic weapons and increases the Stash

11 comments

Patch notes spell out what’s on deck for Dec. 4 update

By Owen S. Good Nov 30, 2018, 11:48am EST

Fallout 76’s next patch, out Dec. 4, will fix a ton of bugs that have plagued the game since its Nov. 14 launch, as well as deliver an enhanced Stash size and other quality-of-life adjustments, according to patch notes that developer Bethesda Game Studios published Friday

The enhanced Stash (now 600, was 400) requested almost immediately by Fallout 76players, was announced on Monday when Bethesda Softworks acknowledged the game’s slipshod launch and poor reception. So was a fix for the loot dropped by boss-level characters; they will now drop between two and four items, of quality commensurate to the enemy’s difficulty and level.

Other highlights that players will be relieved to hear: Automatic weapon damage will receive a badly needed boost, by 20 percent (which still may not be enough, to be honest). A glitch where enemies health bars and call-outs persisted on screen when they were no longer in view will also be corrected. So will problems at the CAMP, where stored items weren’t showing up and turrets disappeared once damaged beyond a functioning state (both of which happened to me).

Fallout 76 is also getting an AFK notice, sort of, in that players will be disconnected from the server after 10 minutes of inactivity, with a one-minute timer warning issued beforehand. Players who die while over-encumbered will also be able to respawn at their nearest discovered location instead of just back at Vault 76.

And, of course, “the Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.”

Version 1.0.2.0 for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One will roll out Dec. 4, with another, meatier patch to follow on Dec. 11. That one will include additional settings for PC, a respeccing option for players’ SPECIALs once they go above level 50, and other CAMP improvements.

Fallout 76 opened to nonplussed reactions during a two-week beta in late October and early November, and the launch dragged poor review scores and disappointed players into the mix. We’ve been as frustrated as any fanwith Fallout 76, seeing plenty of potential for Fallout’s first multiplayer entry but unable to ignore its many shortcomings.
I heard this a few days ago on TheQuarterings channel and I'm very happy about the lvl up rework. I want two special points in endurance very badly. Sick of getting diseases.

The boss loot, stash size, respawn fixes are also welcome, but those fucking diseases....

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
I've been following the Fallout 76 saga and I have a really stupid question (as someone not in the video game world) - how does something like this happen? I get all the standard answers about profits and deadlines and stuff like that, but really, how does something as universally reviled and buggy and flat out wrong like this game happen - especially in a field that is so Internet/word of mouth heavy?

The worst that can happen with a movie is a Justice League and for all its flaws, that's a complete movie. 2 hours, and I'm done. It doesn't fuck you over in the way video games will fuck you over financially and time-wise with uncompleted games. From what I've read, Fallout 76 seems to crash constantly, doesn't fix bugs from 3 years ago, is very user unfriendly, and there's nothing to do for a long period of time. How did they think this would go over? How did they not expect this response? Were they delusional, lying or just didn't care?

I understand the deadline thing, but games have been pushed forward before. Sometimes for years. I think people are more okay with that now, or am I misreading that?

The nylon bag thing. Did they not think people would find out that that was only given to influencers?

What makes this particularly strange to me is I know the Fallout is really respected. I get that No Man's Sky was a small team whose product was built up beyond their capabilities. But this is Bethesda. Huge company. Beloved company. Beloved brand. To gamble away your good will on this - I don't get it. Why take the risk?

But they are banning people who make homophobic remarks. So priorities!

Bobobie

Micro-Transactions. That is where the real money is. This is why Blizzard pissed off their old fanbase, but they don't care because the idea is to hook those impulsive whales who will blow all their money on Skins and shiny custom armor.
To gamble away your good will on this - I don't get it. Why take the risk?
Oh, and those guys who didn't get their bags. They were given some awesome virtual bucks to buy some virtual crap online. Probably a shiny button for their Power Armor.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
Micro-Transactions. That is where the real money is. This is why Blizzard pissed off their old fanbase, but they don't care because the idea is to hook those impulsive whales who will blow all their money on Skins and shiny custom armor.

Oh, and those guys who didn't get their bags. They were given some awesome virtual bucks to buy some virtual crap online. Probably a shiny button for their Power Armor.
I believe 500 Atmos ($5).