Family Guy creator on O&A - Wha happen?

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
I missed most of the morning show and only caught the tail end of the Seth MacFarlane interview. It sounded pretty uninspired considering how much the boys love (and use clips of) Family Guy. And at the end, Opie let him go making the comment "go back to sleep." Also, Opie made reference to the "awful interview" during bonus time over on XM.

I tried reading through the daily listening thread but saw nothing but bashing comments towards MacFarlane and a reference to him calling O&A "Stern clones" (!?!) Did the interview go poorly? Was he a dick? Would suck that a guy that makes one of my favorite shows would favor Stern who never heard of the show and wouldn't know one of the clips if someone played it for him.

Was this just an example of a phoner from California that just didn't work out, or is the guy too full of himself to pay attention to a show that's been a huge supporter of his?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Its the second time Seth has been on the show, so I think its more of the case of a phoner from California that just didn't work out.

RobeSoup&Tears

Get 'em while they're hot
Aug 16, 2005
Riverdale, New York
There was yelling...F-Bombs....Burning Bridges....It was awful...JK of course.

It went ok...good, not great; But phoners with people that just woke up don't usually go too well.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
There was yelling...F-Bombs....Burning Bridges....It was awful...JK of course.

It went ok...good, not great; But phoners with people that just woke up don't usually go too well.
Thanks. Never caught Seth on the show before so I thought it was his first time.

Did Seth actually make an anti-O&A/pro-Stern comment, or was that someone in the listening thread speculating?

Jimmy's Junk

A hairy palmed pest
Apr 26, 2005
Lowell, In
Did Seth actually make an anti-O&A/pro-Stern comment, or was that someone in the listening thread speculating?

I didn't hear a pro Stern comment, but then again I was on my bike and may have missed something uttered in the back round.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I tried reading through the daily listening thread but saw nothing but bashing comments towards MacFarlane and a reference to him calling O&A "Stern clones" (!?!) Did the interview go poorly? Was he a dick? Would suck that a guy that makes one of my favorite shows would favor Stern who never heard of the show and wouldn't know one of the clips if someone played it for him.

That was me, and no he didn't say that. OOOOoooops my bad. People were annoyed with him, I was very annoyed, but I understand how early it was in California at the time. I just made that comment to bash him, wasn't true sorry.:icon_mrgr

BraffStaff

Sep 28, 2006
Damn I missed this interview, I hate having to get out of work truk. I came back and it was almost over!

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
Seth is just a boring interview. The guy just isn't much of a public speaker. The guy has made a funny cartoon but he's a bit of a dullard.

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
Aug 31, 2004
The Edge of the Water, Norf Jersey
Seth is just a boring interview. The guy just isn't much of a public speaker. The guy has made a funny cartoon but he's a bit of a dullard.
Not necessarily different than a lot of people in his field. Something about him just waking up at 5:30 am his time might have had something to do with it, too.

I actually still really enjoy FG, and if I had the chance to ask SMcF a question, it would be what was his inspiration for Joe, and who the hell is his disabled friend in real life? There's disturbing accuracy in the language and illustration (for instance, the speed and manner in which a power ramp works in minivans). As a gimp, I find the Joe bits hil-AIR-eeeee-UUUSSSS!

elitemrp

Jul 13, 2006
Warren, Rhode Island
Sounded fine to me, and the "go back to sleep" line was said jokingly by Ant not Opie when the interview was over. ("and now you can go back to bed" or something)

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I thought the guy stunk...he seemed detached and disinterested...west coast or whatever..he put in zero effort

Jan 7, 2007
I thought the guy stunk...he seemed detached and disinterested...west coast or whatever..he put in zero effort
Again, the "zero effort" could likely be due to the fact that it was 5:30.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Again, the "zero effort" could likely be due to the fact that it was 5:30.
The excuse of it being early in California is a shitty excuse. Bob Saget, Howie Mandel and Jay Mohr (when he calls) all have energy usually and make damn good calls into the show. Fuck those West Coasters and they're "oh it's early here" mentality.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I saw a sit down interview with MacFarlane conducted by USC film students the other night. It was pretty boring and he was very dry.

bigdaddyb

Jun 12, 2003
Belleville, NJ
there's been quite a few Hoo Hoo Family Guy references and the one guy named Opie on the show is a retard who is Peter's boss

so if I were to read into it, it does seem like Seth is more planted on the Hoo Hoo side

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Killed the end of the show. And no mention of South Park? Both sides were not in the game.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
there's been quite a few Hoo Hoo Family Guy references and the one guy named Opie on the show is a retard who is Peter's boss

so if I were to read into it, it does seem like Seth is more planted on the Hoo Hoo side
If you read into the Stern references, they're usually there in a bashing kind of way. "I was listening to Howard this morning and he was talking to a stripper, and she sounded really hot. Then Howard made a joke about black people but Robin laughed so it was ok."

That sorta thing. I don't think he's a huge Stern fan, or O&A fan, just a guy who didn't wanna wake up early and be on a radio show.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Seth was tired, it was early. He's just calling in to plug the new Family Guy DVD set.

Which can eat my ass, since Fox isn't putting out entire seasons; they're holding back episodes to make more "volumes" instead of seasons.

Not all interviews can make your ass wet. It was no one's fault.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
Seth was tired, it was early. He's just calling in to plug the new Family Guy DVD set.

Which can eat my ass, since Fox isn't putting out entire seasons; they're holding back episodes to make more "volumes" instead of seasons.

Not all interviews can make your ass wet. It was no one's fault.
:clap: Nice call back!

Excellent point about the truncated seasons. 13 episodes was fine when it was first brought back to the air. That was over 2 years ago. Stop acting like you work for Comedy Central and put out a standard 22+ episode DVD set!

As an aside: They're not getting me to spend money anymore when the sets first come out (same goes for the Simpsons sets). $39.99 the day it's released at Best Buy may seem like a bargain, but by the time the next season gets released (or a few months pass), they're available for $19.99 apiece! I'm still steaming over paying $22 for the Stewie Griffin Story only to see it on the $8 discount rack this past weekend! :icon_roll

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Seth's just a very dry guy, and the boys are having a difficult go of it right now. Wrong guy at the wrong time, in more ways than one.