Family Guy/O&A Correllations?

Mr_Beer

Feb 20, 2006
Anyone notice that alot of the stuff that the boys touch on winds up on Family Guy in some shape or form? I remember several months ago (maybe even longer) they were going to talk about it on the show, but kept saying they'd get to it after the break, and never did. Just watched the episode where Brian gets the job at a radio station and it reminded me. Probably just coincidence, but who knows.

RabidHamster

It makes you fez.
Dec 4, 2005
Roanoke
Did you not know?
Lil Jimmy writes for Family Guy
under the pseudo-name: Epcot Escargot

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
i have no clue but it certainly happened with south park. most notably the maury povich bit ended up on south park a short time later. I think there were a couple others

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Anyone notice that alot of the stuff that the boys touch on winds up on Family Guy in some shape or form? I remember several months ago (maybe even longer) they were going to talk about it on the show, but kept saying they'd get to it after the break, and never did. Just watched the episode where Brian gets the job at a radio station and it reminded me. Probably just coincidence, but who knows.
Yes, I always thought it was just coincidence.

C

coachb26

i agreee

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
I remember seeing on some show it takes 9 months for a Family Guy episode to be finished. I dont know if time between O&A talking about something and the episode is relevant in your theory, but I just figured Id throw that out there.

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
Nov 18, 2002
philadelphia
Anyone notice that this thread has popped up about 100 times.

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
i have no clue but it certainly happened with south park. most notably the maury povich bit ended up on south park a short time later. I think there were a couple others
I always thought the two "shock jocks" in the Wilcyzx episode a few years ago strongly resembled O&A.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I always thought the two "shock jocks" in the Wilcyzx episode a few years ago strongly resembled O&A.
Well Anthony's likeness is in the Homeless Episode of South Park.

On Family Guy, there was an episode where Stewie and Brian were DJ's and they played the Richard Gere clip: "Don't, you do it...". Obviously an O&A shout out.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
And there was the Stewie comic strip bit as well

[yt]hgW1w_hSZWA[/yt]

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
The Griffins are at the ballpark and Stewie offers "Opie" a trade: his baseball for Opie's bat. Stewie then hits Opie with the bat, takes back the baseball and asks "What did you learn?"

Total coincidence? Probably. Funny? Always.

Here it is on Youtube.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
The Griffins are at the ballpark and Stewie offers "Opie" a trade: his baseball for Opie's bat. Stewie then hits Opie with the bat, takes back the baseball and asks "What did you learn?"

Total coincidence? Probably. Funny? Always.

Here it is on Youtube.
Peter's retahded boss at the beer factory was named Opie as well.

[yt]lh6KR-VuC_E[/yt]

S

stinkyfingers

watching family guy right now , episode where brian and stewies hands are glued together ..there was a little girl stuck in a well ,stewie looks down it and says " it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again "

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
That's probably more of a Silence of the Lambs reference than a nod to O &A.
Exactly

I would love to think that the genius' behind two of the more funny shows on tv are fans of the boys but it most likely is just coincidence.

They have had both family guy and south park guys on the show at one time or another, so who knows

Imus4Life

Apr 13, 2007
So O&A invented the "sarcastic obnoxious laugh," making fun of unfunny comic strips, making fun of Maury, the name "Opie," and the Richard Gere clip: "Don't, you do it...". This is just as sad as when Hoo hoo says he invented American Idol and MTV Unplugged. So sad.

Oct 7, 2006
boston ma usa
OT

hey all , i cant make new threads yet but if someone could make a thread with this link in the most appropriate forum i think others would appreciate it , thanx ...

link to live WSOP final table coverage ... http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-wsop.html ...

im gonna be going on NO sleep today lol , cant stop watching ...

Aug 11, 2005
So O&A invented the "sarcastic obnoxious laugh," making fun of unfunny comic strips, making fun of Maury, the name "Opie," and the Richard Gere clip: "Don't, you do it...". This is just as sad as when Hoo hoo says he invented American Idol and MTV Unplugged. So sad.
When your trying to be goofy.... Don't mention soo many show references you pretend not to know.

Oct 7, 2006
boston ma usa
np man , it was 4 guys for the last 7+ hours until one just got eliminated a little bit ago , rahme was looking to be on tilt and really tired for a while there but then rallied a bit ...

yang is the one pushing the action mostly , i wouldnt be surprised to see this go on until noon lol ...