Family Guy:Star Wars Special (Blue Harvest)

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
september cant come sooner. although one would of thought Meg would of been Leia with the whole brother sister angle

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Family Guy is still okay but American Dad has been so much better. That's the one I'm looking forward to.

Southpark probably ruined the FG formula for me. Damn, Cartoon Wars was funny.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Who will be Yoda? I imagine Lois' dad would make a decent Emperor though Peter's deceased dad could still work in that regard.

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
Who will be Yoda? I imagine Lois' dad would make a decent Emperor though Peter's deceased dad could still work in that regard.
Well since it seems like this is a Family Guy version of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, I don't think Yoda or The Emperor will be in it since they weren't in A New Hope. But hey, you never know.

highway23

I miss NY wings
Jan 24, 2006
NC
it's pretty tough to compete with South Park

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
here ya go:

'Family Guy' meets 'Star Wars'
Toon kicking off season with approved spoof
By JOSEF ADALIAN
The Force is with "Family Guy."

Fox's animated hit will kick off its fifth season this fall with an hourlong episode that retells the "Star Wars" saga using "Family Guy" characters.

Lucasfilm has blessed the event, which will have the Griffin family acting out all the key scenes and narrative from "Star Wars: Episode IV -- A New Hope," the first installment of the franchise. "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is a major "Star Wars" fan and was personally involved in getting Lucasfilm on board, an exec from 20th Century Fox TV said.

Family patriarch Peter Griffin will play the role of Han Solo, while mom Lois will appear as Princess Leia. Evil baby Stewie will be Darth Vader, natch.

Brian the family dog will serve as Chewbacca, while son Chris is Luke. Robots R2-D2 and C-3PO will be handled by Cleveland and Quagmire, respectively, while creepy old guy Herbert plays Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Plot of the episode has the Griffin family stuck at home during a blackout. With no TV to entertain them, Peter decides to tell a story -- leading to the "Star Wars" flashback.

Planning for the seg began more than a year ago. MacFarlane wasset to show off footage from the episode at the "Star Wars" mega-convention in Los Angeles.

MacFarlane and the "Family Guy" writers have shown a strong interest in "Star Wars," serving up several mini-spoofs of the franchise in years past.

In addition to the "Star Wars" tribute, "Family Guy" will mark its 100th episode next season with a two-part special set to air in November.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965865.html

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
it's pretty tough to compete with South Park
It is very easily for FG to compete though:

Family Guy = consistently funny (no matter how stupid the plots & subplots are).

South Park = Funny at times, but can be VERY hit or miss (look at this season for example; every other episode particularly the lice one, was dog shit!)

I will say this though, I'll be incredibly disappointed if MacFarlane doesn't have an appropriate strike back for the Cartoon Wars South Park that ripped the writers new ones.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Are you kidding? The last SP episode that stunk was the Oprah one. Family Guy's last season was very inconsistent. No real awful eps but the jokes would hit as much as they would miss. Can you honestly say you laughed all throughout Chick Cancer?

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
Are you kidding? The last SP episode that stunk was the Oprah one. Family Guy's last season was very inconsistent. No real awful eps but the jokes would hit as much as they would miss. Can you honestly say you laughed all throughout Chick Cancer?
All throughout? No. Can you honestly tell me you laughed once at the SP lice episode?