Fanboy Behavior

Lunchbox420

The Kenny Powers of Wackbag
Mar 6, 2007
I am going to take my turn on the whipping post for expressing my thoughts on this topic but here it goes...

When will the message board fanboys get a grip on reality? The show has taken a serious downward spiral over the past several weeks (though Fez's perfromance on friday was truly classic) and the main reason is the fanboy message board hacks. You are not the show, why should we care about crazy jen or booboo bobo whatever the fuck his name is. I am fan of great talk radio, Ron and fez truly are at the top of that pyramid, but the actions of a few message board "uber fans" is truly fucking up the listening expierence.

The DC deal sealed it for me, I live 90 minutes from DC, I would of gladly taken the day off from work to sit in and listen to a great interview, I actually sent an email that day asking for an invite, only to find out the "uber posters" got all of the tix? Thats bullshit, I support the show with my 22.95 a month, by listening and enjoying the performance of two great improv comedianes and by not calling in and dragging the show down to a Don and Mike level. Instead people like crazy jen and bobo are at both tapings and spend about 90 minutes on air talking bullshit?

Hey maybe I should show my man tits on paltalk and bend over while eating yogurt and post 1500 times a week so I can go to a Jimmy Norton taping. Oh and by no means am I implicating members of Wackbag, since the members here actually contribute to both shows and bail when the call has ended or the joke failed. :haha7:

Ok let the bashing begin ::hammer:

Lunchbox420

Mar 6, 2007
Mindslayer
Sweetest Boy in Staten Island

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel for Fez, but to an extent, if only because in an abstract way him and Ron are responsible for this environment where theyve become super friendly with many of the fans, many of whom think that they are now part of the show and, by default, R&F's lives. Its a shame, too, because now its to the point where they are being taken advantage of in a number of different ways, but could any other outcome really have been expected when dealing with borderline obsessive fans like those who are mentioned on the show every day ad nauseum ?
I guess i just requoted your post..sorry

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
dude you waited till day of to request tix and your mad that they were sold out?

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I am going to take my turn on the whipping post for expressing my thoughts on this topic but here it goes...

When will the message board fanboys get a grip on reality? The show has taken a serious downward spiral over the past several weeks (though Fez's perfromance on friday was truly classic) and the main reason is the fanboy message board hacks. You are not the show, why should we care about crazy jen or booboo bobo whatever the fuck his name is. I am fan of great talk radio, Ron and fez truly are at the top of that pyramid, but the actions of a few message board "uber fans" is truly fucking up the listening expierence.
Could not agree more.

I've said this before, quite a few times. Ron & Fez are great.....but they have quite a few "friends of the show" who really think they're more of a part of the show than they really are, don't know their place in the scheme of things, and in general try and (if I can use some wrestling jargon here), "get themselves over", often times at the expense of the show.

Sometimes it's easy to tune it out. Others, it can be fucking tedious and can REALLY sidetrack the show.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I'm not going to bash you so much as disagree with the gist of your post. If you're not satisfied with the show right now, don't pussy out and blame the fans - blame Ron and Fez, because at the end of the day, they're the only people who decide what goes over the air.

Do I enjoy hearing about people I don't know or care about? Not particularly (I actually hate Sheepy with a fucking passion) but I know the show will never be tailored to me and my option is to either listen or don't. I choose to listen because no matter what, it's still (in my opinion) the best show in radio and brings me much-needed laughs every day (my life is shit.) I also think that there's something to the freedom Ron and Fez have on XM and if this is the kind of show they want to do right now, that's cool.

Oh and I was planning to take a trip up to DC but by the time I made arrangements it was too late. C'est la vie.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i agree with you guys for the most part
but let's remember, it's Ronnies show pretty much
sometimes he needs a little help
let's let him decide

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Do I enjoy hearing about people I don't know or care about? Not particularly (I actually hate Sheepy with a fucking passion)
I'm sort of feeling you. I never disliked him before, back in the old days when he was just a faceless (voiceless?) person who would just interact via IMs.

I've grown to pretty much hate all the pal-talkers. If there's a group that's a burden to the fucking show at times, it's that group.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I'm sort of feeling you. I never disliked him before, back in the old days when he was just a faceless (voiceless?) person who would just interact via IMs.

I've grown to pretty much hate all the pal-talkers. If there's a group that's a burden to the fucking show at times, it's that group.
I am on PT usually, not that it matters. Just wondering how it's a burden to the show? That Ron pays attention to it? AFAIK the PT room doesn't solicit attention, it's just a fishbowl for mister b to look at instead of the revolting sausage fest constantly going on in the studio.

btw vyce, hang your head in shame for the shit storm of negative attention your city garnered today. ;)

Karmic Knight

From XmRadioGold
Apr 20, 2007
Hey maybe I should show my man tits on paltalk and bend over while eating yogurt and post 1500 times a week so I can go to a Jimmy Norton taping. Oh and by no means am I implicating members of Wackbag, since the members here actually contribute to both shows and bail when the call has ended or the joke failed. :haha7:

Ok let the bashing begin ::hammer:
Pussy, if you call out everyone, cal out everyone. Don't play favorites, I would bash any board member, if I think they are bad for the show.
That is my only complaint.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
for a newbie RMPGP
what does AFAIK mean ?
no problem with the paltalk btw
whatever Ronnie needs to entertain
is fine by me
i think we all agree
Ron is why we listen
when Fez kicks in , all the better

Sep 23, 2004
I agree with you on some points. I think Crazy Jenn is pretty funny, but some of the people are fucking dog shit man. Bobo?! He's terrible. Sheepy is awful, but I like how Ronnie pokes fun at him. The fucking Mike Caca shit with HTG, I can fill in the blanks, but that is so INSIDE, I have no idea what he even means sometimes.

I don't think the show has declined however, I do find it annoying how much airtime these people get, but it's not my show.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
And let's remember, East Side Dave, whom a LOT of people hate was an Uber-Listeniner who got a ticket to the show. Bored Gossip is nothing but shouting props to Uber-Listeners who are a minority of the audience, Crazy Jen and boBo and HTG and all the others should just be listeners and LISTEN.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
I didnt have a problem with his post till he said he wasnt taking shots at wackbag...dont make this a board war (or bored war) many baggers have been in studio (me included) and some of them sucked (me included) but in the end it is ron and fez's choice to have them in...for example when i sat in with the show i had only planned on coming in and watching the show...Ron waved me in and i sat in and it was a great time...some people asked why i didnt talk more and i didnt because i was more in awe of watching ron and fez being fucking hilarious and i had nothing so i kept my mouth shut...

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
What does HTG have to do with anything? Eh fun boy? Not everyone is socially defunct, some choose to go to show events instead of being anonymous cowards constantly talking shit and bitching on a message board. If they get mentioned on the show, it's not their fault.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
I will say this and only this on the subject:

Everything that happens on Ron and Fez happens because Ron and Fez allow it to happen. Are there people the buddies don't like or don't want on the show? Probably. I don't know. But that's why. Anything they don't want on the show or don't like stays off the air.

As far back as I can remember, Ron & Fez have always been a very interactive show that allows their friends to come in, and they have always used the medium in front of them to help out their friends and help them succeed. (Stugots, I hope you don't mind me mentioning you, but the story about the gig you promoted really hammered this home for me.) Like it or not, Paltalk is just another way to involve their friends.

Natas

Aids free
Jun 2, 2005
North Of Boston
I stopped listening to R&F a few weeks ago, too much inside stuff and the aw'ing on paltalk to get a mention. I know I'm not the first one to notice this, but when O&A stopped mentioning fans as much, everyone jumped to R&F. The week that R&F didn't have paltalk was great radio, we didn't have to hear about peopel folding their underware everyday, or what's this person eating.

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
If you do not like what you hear on the radio, turn it off. RnF are in control of the show and they determine the direction it goes.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
this thread seems to pop up bi-weekly. but fuck it, I'm on vacation this week.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I stopped listening to R&F a few weeks ago, too much inside stuff and the aw'ing on paltalk to get a mention. I know I'm not the first one to notice this, but when O&A stopped mentioning fans as much, everyone jumped to R&F. The week that R&F didn't have paltalk was great radio, we didn't have to hear about peopel folding their underware everyday, or what's this person eating.
Right, would you prefer they don't acknowledge their fans, that they sit in an ivory tower and ignore the world? PT entertains Ronnie. Any true fan of the show should be happy with that and stop there.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
this thread seems to pop up bi-weekly. but fuck it, I'm on vacation this week.
I'm happy you showed up, to remind me to move away from the mic to breathe in.

Is this where I mention my love for toast?

Lunchbox420

Mar 6, 2007
dude you waited till day of to request tix and your mad that they were sold out?

No I sent my email the day it was announced, I was told it was sold out and in XM's hands, that I would need to contact XM. I can repost the email if wanted.

Lunchbox420

Mar 6, 2007
I didnt have a problem with his post till he said he wasnt taking shots at wackbag...dont make this a board war (or bored war) many baggers have been in studio (me included) and some of them sucked (me included) but in the end it is ron and fez's choice to have them in...for example when i sat in with the show i had only planned on coming in and watching the show...Ron waved me in and i sat in and it was a great time...some people asked why i didnt talk more and i didnt because i was more in awe of watching ron and fez being fucking hilarious and i had nothing so i kept my mouth shut...
I used the funny guy oops I meant to use :action-sm, I was only joking about wackbag. Redding you actually made sense, you went in studio and enjoyed and watched the genius at work, you didnt try to bring the funny, you didnt need to. And when you suck you admit it and bail. I enjoy lot of the contributors, in fact to many to list from all the boards, but there are a certain few "fanboys" who fuck up the game for the rest.