PotL Fantasy Movie League - Which Wackbagger will be the Pick of the Litter?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Sorry. Staying with family for a bit. Having some trouble at my apartment. I still lurk so if you tag me I'll see it.
That sucks. Seems like it's been a rough month for a lot of folks.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I don't know what this is...:(

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
That sucks. Seems like it's been a rough month for a lot of folks.
I also am probably leaving the country for several weeks soon (family visit) so I'm not sure how HitW-able I will be during July... We'll see.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I don't know what this is...:(
It's a fantasy movie league. I've created a private wackbag league.

Each person gets 8 movie screens per week and has to pick which movies they want to show. Goal is to make the most boxoffice with your 8 screens

So that you don't just show Jurassic World 8 times, you get a $1,000 budget per week. Each movie is assigned a value. Big movies like JW will have a high value. Movies like Insidious 3 that have been out for a while have a lower value.

Here's my picks for this week. As you can see my strategy was to spend every single dollar I had available, and I'm all in on The Rock.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It's a fantasy movie league. I've created a private wackbag league.

Each person gets 8 movie screens per week and has to pick which movies they want to show. Goal is to make the most boxoffice with your 8 screens

So that you don't just show Jurassic World 8 times, you get a $1,000 budget per week. Each movie is assigned a value. Big movies like JW will have a high value. Movies like Insidious 3 that have been out for a while have a lower value.

Here's my picks for this week. As you can see my strategy was to spend every single dollar I had available, and I'm all in on The Rock.

Hmmmmm....If I have time to get to this today I may be in.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Signed up. Now what?
Click on "leagues"
Click on "wackbag"
Click on your team
Make your picks for this week. Click on a movie and it will be added to your screens. You don't have to hit save or submit, and you can change your picks up until noon on Friday. Just hover over the movie in your screens and click "Remove"

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I see @Bill Lehecka signed up!

I just want to make sure everyone sees this part:

Screens can be left empty, but each takes $2MM off your Box Office. So try not to leave any screens empty.

Multiple Screens can show the same movie. $1,000 Bux to spend each week! If you want to show a movie more than once, just keep clicking it.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
I see @Bill Lehecka signed up!

I just want to make sure everyone sees this part:

Screens can be left empty, but each takes $2MM off your Box Office. So try not to leave any screens empty.

Multiple Screens can show the same movie. $1,000 Bux to spend each week! If you want to show a movie more than once, just keep clicking it.
Basically the big pick this week is if you think Jurassic World will beat Inside Out. And then you fill your Multiplex with more crap.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Basically the big pick this week is if you think Jurassic World will beat Inside Out. And then you fill your Multiplex with more crap.
I have San Andreas on 4 screens. I'd say that's filling it with crap.

Jurassic World will beat Inside Out, but it might be closer than some people think. Since Inside Out is $41 cheaper than JW that would give you extra money to play with. Head on over to the Summer POTL for some inside info on that matchup!

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
I have San Andreas on 4 screens. I'd say that's filling it with crap.

Jurassic World will beat Inside Out, but it might be closer than some people think. Since Inside Out is $41 cheaper than JW that would give you extra money to play with. Head on over to the Summer POTL for some inside info on that matchup!
Inside Out has huge Word of Mouth right now. I think it beats Jurassic World. But it'll be a photo finish.

I'm still shocked at how well Jurassic World is doing.

I only doubled up on San Andreas. I may change that though.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Inside Out has huge Word of Mouth right now. I think it beats Jurassic World. But it'll be a photo finish.

I'm still shocked at how well Jurassic World is doing.

I only doubled up on San Andreas. I may change that though.
As I said in the main thread, it shouldn't be close. Jurassic World should beat it by $25 million or so. But it could turn out to be much closer. Both could wind up in the $85 million range, which would be pretty incredible.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I just created the worst movie theater ever.