PotL Fantasy Movie League - Which Wackbagger will be the Pick of the Litter?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Fuck. MAGAbomber distracted me. I didn't even look at the other preview numbers. I hate this game.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I still need to see First Man, but they are booting it from IMAX next week for the stupid PG-13 Freddy Mercury movie.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I still need to see First Man, but they are booting it from IMAX next week for the stupid PG-13 Freddy Mercury movie.
But the lyrics, Man! They are so pigfound!

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooo (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the @Pigdango
Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo Figaro - magnifico

But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go will you let me go
Bismillah! No we will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go let me go
Will not let you go let me go (never)
Never let you go let me go
Never let me go ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
For me
For me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby, can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me
Anyway the wind blows

Songwriters: Freddie Mercury
Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

LiddyRules

But the lyrics, Man! They are so pigfound!

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooo (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want to die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the @Pigdango
Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo Figaro - magnifico

But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go will you let me go
Bismillah! No we will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go - let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go let me go
Will not let you go let me go (never)
Never let you go let me go
Never let me go ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me
For me
For me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby, can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me
Anyway the wind blows

Songwriters: Freddie Mercury
Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
I have no problem with Queen the band. It's the movie that looks like shite.

And First Man was to have been the first movie in IMAX I saw since BvS.

LiddyRules

8th place for the week and still got beat by Liddy.

That not real Liddy! That fake Liddy! Grumblies!

For seriously though, how popular is Star is Born? $138 million. Kind of impressive. Guess they won't be calling him Baddley Pooper much longer.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Another week where my top two bonus options fit nicely into the same lineup. But I hate putting my eggs into Tyler Perry's basket.

LiddyRules

Another week where my top two bonus options fit nicely into the same lineup. But I hate putting my eggs into Tyler Perry's basket.
Every time I try for Tyler Perry, I went up getting screwed, which is why I don't have Fool. Right now I have Hall/Ven/Old, but I'm not happy with that line-up. It seems cheap and lazy. But I also don't think Boh or Nut will do spectacularly.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Every time I try for Tyler Perry, I went up getting screwed, which is why I don't have Fool. Right now I have Hall/Ven/Old, but I'm not happy with that line-up. It seems cheap and lazy. But I also don't think Boh or Nut will do spectacularly.
$3.9M for Rhapsody makes me flinch on Fool. I think it needs at least $750K for me to keep it. I'll probably be going with one or the other of those. I'm not counting Gerard Butler out yet either. A 50% drop puts it right up there with the other two for the bonus.

LiddyRules

$3.9M for Rhapsody makes me flinch on Fool. I think it needs at least $750K for me to keep it. I'll probably be going with one or the other of those. I'm not counting Gerard Butler out yet either. A 50% drop puts it right up there with the other two for the bonus.
I just can't imagine people thinking Bohemian Rhapsody looks like anything but a generic shitty musical biopic so the idea of it doing tons of money does not compute. Let me know when money comes in for Fool. Either that does it or it fucks me. But I know my line up won't be #1 by a long shot.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
I just can't imagine people thinking Bohemian Rhapsody looks like anything but a generic shitty musical biopic so the idea of it doing tons of money does not compute. Let me know when money comes in for Fool. Either that does it or it fucks me. But I know my line up won't be #1 by a long shot.
I'm a huge fan of Queen and I don't get it either. Yeah, Mr. Robot really does look like Freddie Mercury. Cool. Now I'm going to go watch one of their concert films.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
600K for Fool. I'm out...

LiddyRules

This week is one of the most confusing yet. I feel like I should do The Grinch regardless of how terrible it looks but the massive success of BR might make that worth doing. Not to mention the low values given to The Girl Who Ate The Spider's Web and "This Would Have Been 'The Battle of Cloverfield' if 'The Cloverfield Paradox' Didn't Torpedo The Entire Franchise"

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
This week is one of the most confusing yet. I feel like I should do The Grinch regardless of how terrible it looks but the massive success of BR might make that worth doing. Not to mention the low values given to The Girl Who Ate The Spider's Web and "This Would Have Been 'The Battle of Cloverfield' if 'The Cloverfield Paradox' Didn't Torpedo The Entire Franchise"
If I was still playing I would be playing Overlord. But I don’t know how much it’s priced or how they have priced Grinch. But Grinch looks legitimately terrible. And not terrible as in “well this is a kids movie, I’m not in the demo” but more like “this is a movie parents secretly throw out or delete out of the digital library when their kids aren’t looking.”

LiddyRules

If I was still playing I would be playing Overlord. But I don’t know how much it’s priced or how they have priced Grinch. But Grinch looks legitimately terrible. And not terrible as in “well this is a kids movie, I’m not in the demo” but more like “this is a movie parents secretly throw out or delete out of the digital library when their kids aren’t looking.”
$107 v. $800

Grinch - 800
Boh - 372
Girl - 159
Nut - 126
Lord - 107
Star - 100

I kind of want to see Overlord, but I want to see Halloween, Suspiria, and Can You Ever Forgive Me first. (Halloween has become one of those movies where every time I try to see it, I hit a snag.) Overlord is tied with Forgive.

Anyway...The Grinch looks horrendous. And maybe I'm an old fogerty but I think the Grinch should look kind of monstrous, not cute. Everything about that movie is going overboard with the cuteness. But I remember watching the Jim Carrey Grinch and feeling nauseous. Maybe if this Board ever gets up to snuff we can do a HitWofer of Grinch/Grinch or Grinch/Mike Myers Cat in the Hat.

That is. That is very unsettling.

LiddyRules

$107 v. $800

Grinch - 800
Boh - 372
Girl - 159
Nut - 126
Lord - 107
Star - 100

I kind of want to see Overlord, but I want to see Halloween, Suspiria, and Can You Ever Forgive Me first. (Halloween has become one of those movies where every time I try to see it, I hit a snag.) Overlord is tied with Forgive.

Anyway...The Grinch looks horrendous. And maybe I'm an old fogerty but I think the Grinch should look kind of monstrous, not cute. Everything about that movie is going overboard with the cuteness. But I remember watching the Jim Carrey Grinch and feeling nauseous. Maybe if this Board ever gets up to snuff we can do a HitWofer of Grinch/Grinch or Grinch/Mike Myers Cat in the Hat.

That is. That is very unsettling.

LiddyRules

And speaking of kids garbage