PotL Fantasy Movie League - Which Wackbagger will be the Pick of the Litter?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Four-day weekend. Great :meh:

I started watching They Shall Not Grow Old a while back. The big reveal when the footage shifts to "restored" is kinda cool, but then watching the rest of it that way is more creepy than anything. Just stabilizing the picture and cleaning up the damage should've been the end of it. The colorization is barely better than what Ted Turner was doing in the 80s, and the frame interpolation really ruins it. It's Call of Duty: Battle of the Uncanny Valley.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Four-day weekend. Great :meh:

I started watching They Shall Not Grow Old a while back. The big reveal when the footage shifts to "restored" is kinda cool, but then watching the rest of it that way is more creepy than anything. Just stabilizing the picture and cleaning up the damage should've been the end of it. The colorization is barely better than what Ted Turner was doing in the 80s, and the frame interpolation really ruins it. It's Call of Duty: Battle of the Uncanny Valley.
Have you seen Cold War, Beale Street, or First Man yet?

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Nope. Any one worth seeing over the others?
Probably First Man, but a lot of that had to do with the visuals. All three are very solid though. This year could have easily been a repeat of La La Land vs. Moonlight.

Best Director might be interesting because Roma and Cold War could cancel each other out. And for the past few years, Director has gone to the most visually impressive film while Film has gone to the more socially conscious one, and both Roma and Cold War are better looking than the other three. That should be Favourite but oh crap, Spike is getting best director.

Eh. Final minute aside, I'm fine with that.

Beale Street gets adapted screenplay.
Original... I want Reformed but I go Favourite.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Probably First Man, but a lot of that had to do with the visuals. All three are very solid though. This year could have easily been a repeat of La La Land vs. Moonlight.

Best Director might be interesting because Roma and Cold War could cancel each other out. And for the past few years, Director has gone to the most visually impressive film while Film has gone to the more socially conscious one, and both Roma and Cold War are better looking than the other three. That should be Favourite but oh crap, Spike is getting best director.

Cuarón is winning Best Director.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
How long are you going to ride on the Spider-verse? :) Next week is like the new season.

Nothing surprises me anymore about that anime bullshit. If I dismiss it, it will wind up even beating LEGO 2.
LEGO 1 and its spin-off LEGO BATMAN were fun movies.

I do have an obvious bias in support for Alita: Battle Angel.

Another fat girl movie. I've such disgust that this comes out on Valentines. I'm not going to watch that grotesque blue skied bid for sad women's money. I do remember you guys said "NO" to the Fifty Shades Trilogy...

And an actual black woman movie that can do well.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator

Beale Street is the one I most wanted to see, but it's not out on Blu-ray for another month and a half.

I'm fine if Spike gets best director, but that odds of that Roma weenie winning are better than any of the leaders in the other major categories.

Letterman needs to host for some great Roma/Rami Uma/Oprah jokes.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
How long are you going to ride on the Spider-verse? :) Next week is like the new season.

LEGO 1 and its spin-off LEGO BATMAN were fun movies.

I do have an obvious bias in support for Alita: Battle Angel.

Another fat girl movie. I've such disgust that this comes out on Valentines. I'm not going to watch that grotesque blue skied bid for sad women's money. I do remember you guys said "NO" to the Fifty Shades Trilogy...

And an actual black woman movie that can do well.
See? Fuckin anime nerds skewing shit...

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
See? Fuckin anime nerds skewing shit...

You are getting my hopes up. I expect it to do as well as Ghost in the Shell(the live action remake with a shoddy ending). Sci-Fi scares most people... as well as robots.

Crossing her arms in front of her with a yellow top showing her cleavage as to hide a glaring fact.

LEGO 2 is a kid's movie and I expect it to do well because of kids+parents combo.

What Men Want also is a comedy.

Happy Death Day 2U; as you know, horror movies usually do well.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
That's what happens when the only movie of note in four months is Aquaman.
I've been a fan of Jason Momoa since Star Gate: Atlantis and then Conan.

If you want to see Amber Heard in a pivotal plot-tease role, I know the movie.

The Upside will probably crack $100 million.
Kevin Hart confirms his stardom.

American adaptations of French and other Foreign Films could become a thing.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
having issue with account, what is password to join league?
Email invites have been sent out to the following folks using the emails they provided:

@LiddyRules
@Hog's Big Ben
@HandPanzer
@SOS
@Jacuzzi Billy

crip has already signed up, so that's cool.

If anyone else wants to join, I think all you have to do is click this link:

http://fantasymovieleague.com/group/815/join?mp=e2a9df7e20d9d053d26b10480acd18fb

If it asks you for a password, it's HitW

I'll tag all the regular folks from the movie forum.
gg

If it asks you for a password, it's HitW