PotL Fantasy Movie League - Which Wackbagger will be the Pick of the Litter?

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
I can't figure out what the fuck to do. Seems like everything is overpriced.

Edit - I also have 5 movies in my lineup. :haha7:
I have three. Shaft x 2, Girl Talk x 3, Teen Girl Talk x 3. I figured Shaft is going to make the money, and after that I got lazy. Neither Shaft nor MIBI have particularly good reviews.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I have three. Shaft x 2, Girl Talk x 3, Teen Girl Talk x 3. I figured Shaft is going to make the money, and after that I got lazy. Neither Shaft nor MIBI have particularly good reviews.
Shaft is not gonna make the money! Abort!

Pigdango

Donator
I'm trying to decide if Booksmart or Dead Don't Die is the better bonus contender.

For anyone looking for Father's Day Bumps - First hit Frank up, Second - it looks like Avengers End Game is getting a big one. Note Sunday ticket sales = Saturday. So that may be a contender as well, although it looks like it's kind of priced out of contention. None of the other seeming "Dad films" are getting the same boost, although John Wick and Godzilla are doing ok.

http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_report.txt

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
I can't figure out what the fuck to do. Seems like everything is overpriced.

Edit - I also have 5 movies in my lineup. :haha7:
I got Pets for the bonus (and flirting with #1), then the rest was just slop, so I diversified with Bill Murray 3x since BOMojo had it doing $2m and I'd be screwed if it blows up and gets the bonus. The other three is whatever fit to get exactly $1000. I don't think there's a mathematical chance of having the perfect lineup, but it shouldn't suck too bad.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
I'm trying to decide if Booksmart or Dead Don't Die is the better bonus contender.

For anyone looking for Father's Day Bumps - First hit Frank up, Second - it looks like Avengers End Game is getting a big one. Note Sunday ticket sales = Saturday. So that may be a contender as well, although it looks like it's kind of priced out of contention. None of the other seeming "Dad films" are getting the same boost, although John Wick and Godzilla are doing ok.

http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_report.txt
Sounds about right. Last year's Avengers dropped 25% on Father's Day.

Fandango voodoo!

Pigdango

Donator
I got Pets for the bonus (and flirting with #1), then the rest was just slop, so I diversified with Bill Murray 3x since BOMojo had it doing $2m and I'd be screwed if it blows up and gets the bonus. The other three is whatever fit to get exactly $1000. I don't think there's a mathematical chance of having the perfect lineup, but it shouldn't suck too bad.
I had a similar lineup to what you have, but it looks like everyone is jumping on the Dead Don't Die bandwagon. Guess I will so as not to risk falling behind. Figure if it flops we all go down anyway.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
I had a similar lineup to what you have, but it looks like everyone is jumping on the Dead Don't Die bandwagon. Guess I will so as not to risk falling behind. Figure if it flops we all go down anyway.
That makes sense. If I'm way too high on Pets, then Dead doesn't even need to get near $2M.

What the hell is this Kin shit on Tapatalk?

Pigdango

Donator
That makes sense. If I'm way too high on Pets, then Dead doesn't even need to get near $2M.

What the hell is this Kin shit on Tapatalk?
I found what I thought was a pretty reasonable comp for Pets:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2012&wknd=24&p=.htm

Father's Day Weekend
Sequel to Animated Film
No other big releases that weekend
Dailies looked similar in terms of percentage

The major difference is Madagascar 3 was almost as strong on opening weekend as Madagascar 2, so I looked at that -43.5% drop as the very best case scenario for SLOP2. That's $26.3 million. The dailies point to a range of $24.7 to $27.7 for an average of...$26.3

So that's the number I think. Means DDD needs $2.1 million to beat it. The presales looked strong and it got more theaters than originally estimated, so I went with it. They also had some preview screenings on Tuesday that I hope get rolled into the opening weekend.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
I found what I thought was a pretty reasonable comp for Pets:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2012&wknd=24&p=.htm

Father's Day Weekend
Sequel to Animated Film
No other big releases that weekend
Dailies looked similar in terms of percentage

The major difference is Madagascar 3 was almost as strong on opening weekend as Madagascar 2, so I looked at that -43.5% drop as the very best case scenario for SLOP2. That's $26.3 million. The dailies point to a range of $24.7 to $27.7 for an average of...$26.3

So that's the number I think. Means DDD needs $2.1 million to beat it. The presales looked strong and it got more theaters than originally estimated, so I went with it. They also had some preview screenings on Tuesday that I hope get rolled into the opening weekend.

That Fandango thing has the dog movie at about half of Dead for Tuesday. So there's another $200K if it counts for the weekend. At least I got it 3x.

Pigdango

Donator
After the deadline, Deadline reported Shaft made $600 - $800k last night.

That's less than half what the Hitman's Bodyguard made on it's way to a $21.3 million opening weekend.

Logan Lucky Logan did $525k the same Thursday as Hitman and made only $7.6 million.

So could Shaft be heading for less than $10 million this weekend?

Oh, Liddy...

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
After the deadline, Deadline reported Shaft made $600 - $800k last night.

That's less than half what the Hitman's Bodyguard made on it's way to a $21.3 million opening weekend.

Logan Lucky Logan did $525k the same Thursday as Hitman and made only $7.6 million.

So could Shaft be heading for less than $10 million this weekend?

Oh, Liddy...

76 of the Top 100 went with your lineup.
1 went with Jim's.

None went with mine

Hog's Big Ben

Donator

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
Time to take this seriously. Do I go two Toy Story Sunday or lots of Child's Play?