Far Cry 5

Bobobie

It's been ages since I played Farcry 1 and with every sequel announcement I've hoped it would pique my interest ... and ... nope. Here's hoping for Farcry 6.

NotSoFast

It's been ages since I played Farcry 1 and with every sequel announcement I've hoped it would pique my interest ... and ... nope. Here's hoping for Farcry 6.
That's sad because 3 was one of my favorite games. In fact, I started it over tonight after watching the trailers for 5 today.

Bobobie

That's sad because 3 was one of my favorite games. In fact, I started it over tonight after watching the trailers for 5 today.
If a game has a lot Cut Scenes and scripted gameplay then the story has to interest me, for me the last one to do that was Bioshock Infinite.

NotSoFast

If a game has a lot Cut Scenes and scripted gameplay then the story has to interest me, for me the last one to do that was Bioshock Infinite.
How are they supposed to have a story without scripted gameplay? The scripted parts are where the story is exposed to you. They can't just advance the story no matter where or what you are doing in the game. You have to do certain things or go to certain places to allow the story to be revealed to your character. Also, in 3&4, the cut scenes were acted and presented very well.

And Far Cry games are open world games and Bioshock Infinite was on rails, as far as gameplay goes.

Bobobie

How are they supposed to have a story without scripted gameplay? The scripted parts are where the story is exposed to you. They can't just advance the story no matter where or what you are doing in the game. You have to do certain things or go to certain places to allow the story to be revealed to your character. Also, in 3&4, the cut scenes were acted and presented very well.

And Far Cry games are open world games and Bioshock Infinite was on rails, as far as gameplay goes.
Where did I say that I didn't like scripted gameplay? I'm not talking about a particular genre of game. I loved the Max Payne Games and you can't get more scripted than that. The Far Cry stories simply didn't interest me. Did you ever read the jacket of a book and decide it wasn't your cup of tea? Many of these games seem open world, but they are still leading you to a certain conclusion.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Where did I say that I didn't like scripted gameplay? I'm not talking about a particular genre of game. I loved the Max Payne Games and you can't get more scripted than that. The Far Cry stories simply didn't interest me. Did you ever read the jacket of a book and decide it wasn't your cup of tea? Many of these games seem open world, but they are still leading you to a certain conclusion.
There was this game that was a huge open world with no story guiding you where to go and what to do. Have you heard of No Man's Sky?

Bobobie

There was this game that was a huge open world with no story guiding you where to go and what to do. Have you heard of No Man's Sky?
There is also some Tea in China ...
Scripted, open world. Don't care. The story has to grab me.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I enjoyed that far more than most Far Cry games....just sayin'.

Best in the series, so far, is Primal.

NotSoFast

I enjoyed that far more than most Far Cry games....just sayin'.

Best in the series, so far, is Primal.
I enjoyed Primal a lot. Still haven't finished it yet. Probably around 80% or so. I think all of the map is exposed and bonfires are lit.

KRSOne

I've never played a far cry. The controversy makes me interested in playing this one.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
What planet do you live on?

Far Cry 3 and Primal, stat.
4 was pretty good but 3 was better. I never played primal because it didn't look that good.

5 looks pretty good though. They showed a little bit of it in the Ubisoft conference today. Nothing really new. I like the dog though.

4 was pretty good but 3 was better. I never played primal because it didn't look that good.

5 looks pretty good though. They showed a little bit of it in the Ubisoft conference today. Nothing really new. I like the dog though.
I really liked the original, tried 2, but couldn't get into it. Liked 3, and don't really have plans to play primal or 4.

Also, Farcry 3 had Nacho!

BIV

Skip past the intro...no real spoilers.

Got it today. DL it now. Still playing 3

Anyone else play it yet?

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I DL'd and installed it. Will play later.

Last edited:
Yeah, either play it tonight or tomorrow, since I'm off.

I went in funny order. 4 then 3 then 5
Ahhh well

BIV

Got it today. DL it now. Still playing 3

Anyone else play it yet?
It is, as the kids say, a hoot.

Not breaking any huge new ground here. A few extra toys, they killed some of the grind. The side missions are a cut above the usual fare. A very solid and fun game.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I'm just past the opening island but I like the vibe of it. I agree that it isn't breaking any new ground but so far I like it.