Far Cry 5

Good.
Don't need to deviate from what works.
3 is fun and 4 worked better with the mini helicopter getting you across the map, the wingsuit and using meat to attract animals. Funny, both had side drug themes with you trippin.

Best thing about the series, it's solo play, so no hackers ruining the game. Not sure if I'll ever pay for a multi-player game again

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
It took the best parts of the series and put them together with a decent enough story. I love it.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I’ll wait for some patch goodness.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Good.
3 is fun and 4 worked better with the mini helicopter getting you across the map, the wingsuit and using meat to attract animals. Funny, both had side drug themes with you trippin.

Best thing about the series, it's solo play, so no hackers ruining the game. Not sure if I'll ever pay for a multi-player game again
Agreed. If you liked the FC3/4/Primal, you'll be into 5 in a big big way.

The thing that sold me most, was what sold me on the other FC. No multiplayer. No fuckface wrecking the game for everyone else.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I’ll wait for some patch goodness.
No need. Bug free, as far as I can tell.

Good.

Far Cry Arcade could be a good time once enough content is added by gamers. The arcade poster missions are a nice touch.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
What the fuck? Kotaku made me think this would be about killing racist alt righters, but it's just a cult? Fucking Ubisoft lied! - dipshits on the internet now.

Loving this game, so far

fucking bull, wolverine and cougar attacked me all in one area...not to mention the guard dogs
I just dreading the damn snakes that are going to be out there. Fuckers make me jump a mile

I have settings on medium and thinking I should have done expert. Been playing the series long enough to know how it works

MTJonny

Donator
I haven't played any of the Far Cry series but seeing some heat about it today. Are they a continuous series that I should play in order or should I just jump into this one?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I haven't played any of the Far Cry series but seeing some heat about it today. Are they a continuous series that I should play in order or should I just jump into this one?
I only played the first one many years ago because it was a sleeper hit. I remember hating it and recall it being very repetitive and boring. I doubt the this games matter anyway.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I don't think so. I got 4 free from Playstation Plus and I can't imagine that running around in some Indian Wilderness is going to be that significant to running around in Montana Wilderness.

TravisRB69

I'm shortly past the first island.

ZERO experience with previous Far Cry games but I live in Montana so come on, of course I'm going to give it a shot!

Good or bad, I made my $99 commitment for Gold/Season Pass so I'm playing through to the end regardless.

Seems pretty good thus far but I can also see where the complaints of being repetitive could rear their ugly heads.

Vehicles seem to control for shit but maybe it's just me.

The ability to have more than one save file would be useful.

MTJonny

Donator

ZERO experience with previous Far Cry games but I live in Montana so come on, of course I'm going to give it a shot!

Good or bad, I made my $99 commitment for Gold/Season Pass so I'm playing through to the end regardless.

Seems pretty good thus far but I can also see where the complaints of being repetitive could rear their ugly heads.

Didn't realize there were other Montanans lurking around WB. Figured I had to pick up the game for the same reason.

I started the series with 3. Loved it. I also went with the season pass ONLY because it also gives you far cry 3 to play. Sometime in april the guy said.

I shall start the game tonight.

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/far-cry-5-season-pass-detailed-far-cry-3-classic-edition-included

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BIV

They do the GTA thing, same world, some cameos, but a completely unconnected story...so no need to catch up.

Check the settings. There are control options including a different scheme.

No one has figured out shooting a handgun while driving yet.

I like that your companion will follow you in a second ATV, if available, instead of getting on with you.

Companion controls, in general, are simple but solid. I love sending the dog after turkeys.

There's no need to play in order but the graphics, obviously and some play just gets better as I had mentioned in an earlier post, as you go from 3,4,5. The subject just changes. Most didn't care for 4 but I really liked it. Of course, it was my first FC in the series though.

If you like running, flying ,driving around shooting, blowing shit up or sneaking up and killing people, with a story line and not on rails, this is a good series of game

BIV

More oops

Last edited:

BIV

Oops

Last edited:

KRSOne

I've never played a far cry game but this one interested me. So far I like it.

Fucking wolverines. Get off me. Ruined my stealth

Anyone get sprayed by a skunk yet?