Fart Joke Leads To Bomb Scare

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Fart Joke Leads To Bomb Scare: Student Harold Wayne Hadley Arrested In Mississippi

Nothing clears a room like a fart -- except, perhaps, a bomb scare.

Harold Wayne Hadley, Jr., 19, was arrested at a Mississippi junior college after he allegedly wrote a note on a piece of toilet paper on Tuesday, containing the word 'bomb,' according to Weirdnews.net.

The note prompted 11 emergency agencies to respond to the school, but there was no bomb.

Hadley and his family contend that he was only explaining the joy of flatulating in the library.

"He was in the restroom doodling on some toilet paper ... we are from the country, and he calls passing gas, bombs," said Hadley's aunt, who wouldn't give her name to WDAM. "[He] put 'I passed a bomb in the library,' talking about passing gas, and somebody came in and found it, gave it to a teacher that recognized his hand writing and it blew all out of proportion."

Investigators wouldn't say exactly what Hadley wrote, but WDAM reports that it was no more explicit than "I passed a bomb in the library."

Hadley was arrested and held on $20,000 bail. If convicted of threatening to blow up the school, he faces 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, according to WAPT. His aunt says he earned straight A's at Jones County Junior College and was scheduled to graduate in May.
Link

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
This is a fucking embarrassment to the school, law enforcement, and the legal system.

Hadley was arrested and held on $20,000 bail. If convicted of threatening to blow up the school, he faces 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, according to WAPT.
He didn't threaten to blow up the school. They have no grounds to charge him or keep him incarcerated. (They'll probably still charge him. At the very least, they'll offer him a deal and try to bully him into taking it.)

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
This is a fucking embarrassment to the school, law enforcement, and the legal system.

He didn't threaten to blow up the school. They have no grounds to charge him or keep him incarcerated. (They'll probably still charge him. At the very least, they'll offer him a deal and try to bully him into taking it.)
Why would write "passed a bomb in the library" and leave it in the restroom. I think he knew it could be taken as a bomb threat.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Fart=funny.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
I was expecting Boston because of how even light brights can cause bomb scares over there.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Real life is a hack. This exact happening took place years ago, in Season 2 of the Sarah Silverman Program.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Why would write "passed a bomb in the library" and leave it in the restroom. I think he knew it could be taken as a bomb threat.
It was no more explicit than "I passed a bomb in the library."

Real life is a hack. This exact happening took place years ago, in Season 2 of the Sarah Silverman Program.
I never would have pegged you as a Sarah Silverman fan, especially that TV show.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Overreacting schools gonna overreact.

In order to convict him, they will have to prove intent which was obviously not there. This kid is a fucking moron, but that's no reason to take the next ten years of getting fired from various fast food establishments away from him.