Fast and Furious 6

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I've liked the franchise since The Fast and The Furious came out when i was a senior in high school. I really liked the way they changed the direction in the last 2 to movies away from being just about cars and street racing to more of a caper movie with nice cars. If this is indeed the last one im curious to see how they tie the end of this with Tokyo Drift which is supposed to be the last movie because Han dies in it (always perplexed me why they made that one when they did and their choice of actor for the man character. Outside of the Friday Night Lights movie that kind stinks). Saw the trailer during the Super Bowl and it got me excited for it. Looks like they moved the direction again slightly. Seems like its gonna be part Action/Crime movie mixed with a caper and some really sick cars in the mix. Anyway here's the trailer

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Obviously. There's Vin, Paul, Ludacris, Tyrese, The Rock, and Ethnic Sidekick 1 through 5.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
7 confirmed, director out

Good morning cool kids! How is your weekend so far?
This past Thursday, Borys Kit over at Hollywood Reporter dropped the news that Justin Lin isn’t coming back to direct Fast & Furious 7. Universal wants to put the film out during Summer 2014 which means that Lin would have to prep that film now while being in post on Fast & Furious 6. Having directed the last four movies in the franchise back to back and most likely feeling the effects of franchise exhaustion, Justin Lin decided to bow out. The trade also stated that Universal is searching for another director, with a decision expected as early as next week.
Being a night owl pays off because I got word late last night and found out who the top three contenders are for the gig.
Drumroll please…
According to sources, they are…

1) Jeff Wadlow
Having directed Kick Ass 2 for Universal, the studio must really like what they see in the upcoming sequel.

2) Brad Furman
Best known for directing The Lincoln Lawyer, Furman got Runner, Runner with Ben Affleck and Justin Timberlake coming out in the fall.

3) Harald Zwart
Zwart is best known as the guy who directed The Karate Kid remake with Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith.

So there you have it. What do you guys think? Chime in your thoughts below. If I was a betting man, my money would be on Wadlow because studios like to work with the same people. I guess we will find out this week.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I like the F&F series. Surprisingly the Rock isn't bad in Fast Five either. I'm looking forward to it.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
I thought Fast 6 had been released already

Michelle Rodriguez Confirms Jason Statham For 'Fast & Furious 7'
News
by Kevin Jagernauth
May 7, 2013 8:59 AM

Going into "Fast & Furious 6" in a couple of weeks time, you'll already know that a sequel has the green light and is already in pre-production for release next summer, with James Wan directing. As far back as 2011, rumors have been swirling that the sixth and seventh chapters in the 'Furious' saga would be telling one massive, linked story. Then as "Fast & Furious 6" started gearing up in earnest, Jason Statham was heavily touted to join, only for him to reportedly turn down the movie. But the rumors persisted, and earlier this year a mega-spoiler arrived indicating that Statham would be in the franchise, but for "Fast & Furious 7." That's all we'll say (click the link to get the full dirt).
DesdeHollywood recently chatted with Michelle Rodriguez aka Letty (yep, back from the dead bros), and when asked about Statham's involved in 'Furious 7,' she was pretty enthusiastic about it, confirming he'll be there. “Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, when you see these guys in a room you know they belong together [...] You can see in their eyes that they have gone through a lot [...] I applaud Universal for getting him on-board!” she told the site.
With press rounds already on full throttle around "Fast & Furious 6," we're sure even more morsels of intel about the next movie will be arriving, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Vin and the boys are back on May 24th

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
I have always found Michelle Rodriguez to be dreamy. Swoon.

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
I always wondered how a race with "10 second cars" takes 3 minutes like it did in the first one.

And, yes, I'll pass on watching a bunch of very hip and cool people from every race on earth try and pull of the impossible and then walk away and live like millionaires despite having little or no income.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I can't believe this franchise has close to a billion dollars in ticket sales.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
what sold me on the first movie was during the trailer, this happened....

movie snob, (like majority of you guys are), or not....that shit is fucking badass.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Sadly, that was faked. There was a hydraulic unit
with small wheels on the frame that lifted the car.
It was hidden by the smoke and you never see a
full side shot. It's all movie magic.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
So is The Rock the new Arnold? I'm cool with that. Make another Predator movie with The Rock as the lead guy.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
what sold me on the first movie was during the trailer, this happened....

movie snob, (like majority of you guys are), or not....that shit is fucking badass.
Oh shit, someone pulled out the movie snob card. Things stop being fun and just got real in here.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Sadly, that was faked. There was a hydraulic unit
with small wheels on the frame that lifted the car.
It was hidden by the smoke and you never see a
full side shot. It's all movie magic.
Next you're gonna tell us that Vin and Paul aren't actually driving the cars around at 140 miles an hour.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The first one sucked. How are there 6 7 of these?

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I will forever love these movies. So cheesey and so good. The first one has so many worthy quoteable lines... I was into Hondas before this movie came out... but after... I pretty much spent all my free time and extra money making a slow car go marginally faster. Those were the days....

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
so i saw it today. I really enjoyed it. They did tie in tokyo drift at the end but thats as much as i will say. As it stands now the unofficial order of the movies is 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 3, 7(which is currently being made. Jason Statham is in it in addition to usual cast. dont know about the rock)

Now if you dont mind i am going to marathon the rest of the movies for the night. in the unofficial order best i can