Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality

Balogny Tits

It's not that were better, were just less worse
Believe it or not, the real ones look better..not

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
The bowl of mush made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Plunkies

I love how all the real foods look kinda sad and lopsided. Gives them personality. I'm pretty sure the fish sandwich has downs syndrome.

Wendy's has to be the worst offender of this. They have that trademark perfectly square cut burger patty sitting perfectly on big, puffy buns...

What you get looks like chewed up lunch meat on pancakes.

Though, coincidentally enough Jimmy prefers the real version better. :huh:

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
The KFC bowls are fantastic though.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
The key, my dear children, is to special order everything ... leave something off or add something. Then they have to make it fresh and it will look much more lovelier than something that's been sitting under a heat lamp for 20 minutes. On the rare occasions that I have a burger at BK or McDonald's (I have nephews who like those places & occasionally I crave salty burgers), I'll get the minus ketchup since I can add my own.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
The key, my dear children, is to special order everything ... leave something off or add something. Then they have to make it fresh and it will look much more lovelier than something that's been sitting under a heat lamp for 20 minutes. On the rare occasions that I have a burger at BK or McDonald's (I have nephews who like those places & occasionally I crave salty burgers), I'll get the minus ketchup since I can add my own.
I bet you've ingested a LOT of bodily fluids with your fast food.

I bet you've ingested a LOT of bodily fluids with your fast food.
As someone that has worked at McDonalds, I can attest to that.

Pretty much anything that people made a lot of specialities on, things would accidently get dropped, spit on, wiped on gentials, stepped on, snotted on, rubbed behind the the tables (it gets pretty dusty back there), and so on. The worse thing I saw while working at McDonalds was smearing a patty in rat droppings, then spitting a huge loogie onto the special sauce.

I thought I saw it all, then I started working at Applebee's. You don't want to know the vile shit that goes on there.

By the way, no shit the picture doesn't look what you get in real life, they put make-up and spray down the food with all kinds of chemicals and adhesives to make it look like that in the ad.

EvilMonkey71

Blurka Blurka Blurka

Pretty much anything that people made a lot of specialities on, things would accidently get dropped, spit on, wiped on gentials, stepped on, snotted on, rubbed behind the the tables (it gets pretty dusty back there), and so on. The worse thing I saw while working at McDonalds was smearing a patty in rat droppings, then spitting a huge loogie onto the special sauce.

I thought I saw it all, then I started working at Applebee's. You don't want to know the vile shit that goes on there.

By the way, no shit the picture doesn't look what you get in real life, they put make-up and spray down the food with all kinds of chemicals and adhesives to make it look like that in the ad.
I hear these stories and wonder what the FUCK is wrong with people? :icon_neut

I'm sure the Kfc bowl is good but omg Mashed potatos drenched in gravy and fried popcorn chicken on top with cheese melted? Thats something I wouldv'e ate when i was a fat mess.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
i'll be larry litteral here and point out that there is 100x more work in takeing that photo than is in the making of 20 of those grease balls, there was a time that i dabbled in all forms of photograpy, food being one of them, its incredably hard to make that burger look that way

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
i'll be larry litteral here and point out that there is 100x more work in takeing that photo than is in the making of 20 of those grease balls, there was a time that i dabbled in all forms of photograpy, food being one of them, its incredably hard to make that burger look that way
Don't they use glue instead of milk for cereal photography and stuff?

THE FEZ MAN

Don't they use glue instead of milk for cereal photography and stuff?
all the time, i used to like latex paint, heat guns to just cook the outside, soldering irons for grill marks, lots of hairspray, paint, you name it, when we were done with the "food" it was destroyed. now with photo shop its easier but you still need good starting images

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
What was the hairspray for?

THE FEZ MAN

we used it as glue, anti glare, ect, it worked great to hold spaghetti together, then spritz it with some mineral oil to give it a nice sheen, it worked well as smoke or steam also, remember product photography is an illusion, you do what ever it takes to make it the most wonderful thing that you have ever seen, the object of your every desire, just flip thew a maxxum magazine, they have a great photography department, i was quite serious about the craft for a good 10 years before i just gave up, now i take snap shots here and there, the last "serious" photo expedition that i took was to vermont a few months ago, even then i was a little off my game, but still got 4 or 5 publishable photos out of the trip

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
Fast food rules. I try not to eat it, but its so easy.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Fast food rules. I try not to eat it, but its so easy.

they used to call me the Queen of Dashboard Dining because I ate it so much.
these days it's only if I'm out with the nephews or if I forget to prepare something for dinner on the nights I'm working

Monster_Rain893

Registered User .

Id just like to say that your god damned avatar has me crazing an eight ball now . . . . :mad4: