Fat people can't eat in Mississippi...

stillbornstew

blogging loser
Jul 26, 2005
NOLA
just saw a story about it on CNN. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! but i can see how this can lead to setting a troubling legal turmoil. i mean fatties have sued mcdonalds for causing obesity. but, now whats to stop, i don't know, a bar from stopping an alcoholic from coming in during 2 for 1 night?

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
I like it.
"Sorry, no fattys here. You'll have to take your extra large ass across the state line ma'am. State law."

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
Tough shit.

If a bartender has the legal right to not serve someone who they find to be a little too drunk, then why shouldn't a restaurant have the legal right to not serve some fat fuck who might become a liability to that eating establishment?

Eating in Mississippi is a privlege not a right. That's their right as a state.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
Please let this fatty discrimination spread to airlines.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
What I mean is what you decide to do in your own home is your own deal, but if you should choose to go out, and you cannot see your feet because of that front porch hanging over your belt, then that eating establishment has every right not to serve you.

I don't want to be out on the town with my woman and have to look at some 450 fatfuck with rolly polly arms sticking out. I'm trying to eat her fuck damnit and I would like to do it without throwing up thank you very much. I also don't want my children to have to grow up in a world of fat people. No way Jose.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If people choose to be sloven slobs, then so be it. The State has no right to pass a law forbidding people from eating themselves to death.

They could push it onto the insurance company to enforce the fatso law through a policy rider.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
What I mean is what you decide to do in your own home is your own deal, but if you should choose to go out, and you cannot see your feet because of that front porch hanging over your belt, then that eating establishment has every right not to serve you.

I don't want to be out on the town with my woman and have to look at some 450 fatfuck with rolly polly arms sticking out. I'm trying to eat her fuck damnit and I would like to do it without throwing up thank you very much. I also don't want my children to have to grow up in a world of fat people. No way Jose.
But to legislate that a business must operate a certain way in limiting services to obese individuals or face criminal/civil penalties is... wow...

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
I say feed them all they want. They'll hopefully die quicker, and be less of a burden later on.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
But to legislate that a business must operate a certain way in limiting services to obese individuals or face criminal/civil penalties is... wow...
Why not? If it's in the best interest of the skinny restaurant patons, as well as the skinny patrons, then I say go for it. They have limitations serving people alcohol, and there are also very many dress codes in bars, so why should fat people get away with muder? Because I take care of myself and my health, and I watch what I eat, I shouldn't have to subject myself to watching a fat disgusting person porge him/herself to death in the table over.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I'm going to move to Mississippi - since they don't like "my kind" down there, the weight'll come off faster ;)

although I don't think losing 10 lbs since November while hitting the gym 6-7 days a week is too shabby

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.

This isn't the same as someone showing up to an eating establishment visibly intoxicated on drugs or alcohol, and being, as Jimmy might put it, "a problem". People have the right to go out and eat what they want to, and they should have the right to eat WHERE they want, regardless of their waist size.

Fortunately, YOU have no fucking decision making authority on where I go to eat, or what I eat. As it should be.

Too fucking bad if you don't like some fatty eating at the table next to you. You don't like it, YOU get the fuck up and leave.

I'm with VT here. What you are proposing is unconscionable.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Why not? If it's in the best interest of the skinny restaurant patons, as well as the skinny patrons, then I say go for it. They have limitations serving people alcohol, and there are also very many dress codes in bars, so why should fat people get away with muder? Because I take care of myself and my health, and I watch what I eat, I shouldn't have to subject myself to watching a fat disgusting person porge him/herself to death in the table over.
You don't have to watch a fat disgusting person who's eating a table over... As O&A would say you have the power to "turn the dial" so to speak. If a certain eating establishment is known for fat, disgusting patrons, exercise your right to speak with your wallet as a member of a free market society and don't patronize their services.

I haven't eaten at a McDonalds except for extreme time crunch situations in almost 10 years. An example would be I have 5 minutes to be in a meeting, I haven't eaten in many hours, the only thing between me and where I'm going is a McDonalds, I might stop and get a 6 piece nugget to hold me over, but usually I'll just go hungry. I do this because I think McDonalds is an atrocious example of a company having no sense of responsibility for quality in their merchandise, only manipulation in their marketing.

All that being said, I would defend McDonalds' right to be what they are, doesn't mean I'm going to eat their McShit. If people are too stupid to know better, fuck 'em. Natural Selection's a bitch.

Oh, and bar tenders cut off people who've had too much because the drunker they get, the more likely they are to harm someone other than themselves. I've been in one fight in 10 years and it happened because a bar tender over served a guy and he threw a chair that hit my ex wife in the head. I wrecked him, and the manager not only apologized to me, but he fired the bar tender. I've never seen someone eat too much at a buffet to the point that they injured someone I love. They might give themselves a heart attack, but again, I cite the work of Charles Darwin and the people who wrote the constitution when I say who cares.

Edit: And I have to say, it sort of scares me to see Vyce and I on the same side of an issue.

shwoogie

You mad cuz I'm stylin' on you
Jun 2, 2004
Dracut, MA
Lol, Mississippi. The only state in the country to have the confederate flag on their state flag.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
As funny as it would be to see the video footage of a manager having tell a family that they are way too fat to eat there, this law would be unfair to businesses.

People are bringing up the smoking in bars but selling drinks and food is their primary function, smoking is an indirect activity. The primary function of a restaurant is to serve food so telling a business that they can’t sell food to a certain segment of society would hurt the commerce of the state.

In any case, would this be to punish people who are fat? (Also very funny.) I ask because it certainly wouldn’t do anything to help them loose weight. They could get just as fat pigging out at home.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
As funny as it would be to see the video footage of a manager having tell a family that they are way too fat to eat there, this law would be unfair to businesses.

People are bringing up the smoking in bars but selling drinks and food is their primary function, smoking is an indirect activity. The primary function of a restaurant is to serve food so telling a business that they can’t sell food to a certain segment of society would hurt the commerce of the state.

In any case, would this be to punish people who are fat? (Also very funny.) I ask because it certainly wouldn’t do anything to help them loose weight. They could get just as fat pigging out at home.
Whoa, don't use pork barrel politics to throw the smoking ban into this argument Mr. Congressman.

The smoking ban, imo, is just as unconscionable as what we're talking about here. Business owners opened bars/restaurants under a certain set of rules, and the local governments forced them to change the nature of their businesses which could hinder their business.

If an innovative business man wanted to take the initiative to open a non-smoking bar to provide for this need in the marketplace, I'd support that too, but to tell existing business owners how they have to run their businesses in any way that would other-wise be legal for arbitrary reasons of public comfort (note, comfort, not safety) to me is completely unacceptable.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Oh, and bar tenders cut off people who've had too much because the drunker they get, the more likely they are to harm someone other than themselves. I've been in one fight in 10 years and it happened because a bar tender over served a guy and he threw a chair that hit my ex wife in the head. I wrecked him, and the manager not only apologized to me, but he fired the bar tender. I've never seen someone eat too much at a buffet to the point that they injured someone I love. They might give themselves a heart attack, but again, I cite the work of Charles Darwin and the people who wrote the constitution when I say who cares.
Right. And to take your example and point to the absurdity of Dave's remarks, it's like someone going to a bar and going, "Fuck! I hate all of these drunk people drinking here!" Well, that's what the fucking bar is there for - for people to drink, often to the point of inebriation. Restaurants are there to provide food; naturally, you're going to attract people who likely, shall we say, appreciate food a little more than others do.

But who gives a shit. As you pointed out, unless you're dealing with an activity that could have a direct harm upon others, such as someone getting so drunk they become violent, or they go out and drive and kill someone, there's no reason for the government or the law to get involved and FORCE people to change their lifestyle.

I'm all for personal responsibility. The vast majority of obese people in this nation can absolutely lose their excess weight if they wanted to. But the government has no business sticking its nose into the matter. If people want to be fat, that's their business. FORCIBLY denying them food isn't something that we should be standing for.

Edit: And I have to say, it sort of scares me to see Vyce and I on the same side of an issue.
Believe it or not, we probably have a lot more in common than we think. We'd probably get along in real life. I can be a loud-mouthed asshole about my opinions, but I'm quite sociable and friendly, were you to ever meet me in person.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Believe it or not, we probably have a lot more in common than we think. We'd probably get along in real life. I can be a loud-mouthed asshole about my opinions, but I'm quite sociable and friendly, were you to ever meet me in person.
Haha, I know, but playing nice nice on the interwebs just isn't as fun as arguing in an environment where politics and politeness aren't more important than truth.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
They should ban people with Aspergers in restaurants. Who the fuck wants to be seated in the vicinity of sidekick Dave and listen to his stupidity while trying to enjoy a meal? Just sayin'.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
They should ban people with Aspergers in restaurants. Who the fuck wants to be seated in the vicinity of sidekick Dave and listen to his stupidity while trying to enjoy a meal? Just sayin'.
This is why my girlfriend will never be allowed to read Wackbag... She works with Autistic/Aspergers kids, and you fuckers would get my sex taken away.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
This is why my girlfriend will never be allowed to read Wackbag... She works with Autistic/Aspergers kids, and you fuckers would get my sex taken away.
Why not? I think that she would enjoy a little retard strength.

Let's take a situation: Five years ago, I was eating with my family at the 99 Restaurant in New Hampshire. This fatass (and I mean 500 pd Michael Hibbronco, I wash myself with a rag on a stick size) was ordering and his stench and size chased half the people out of the restaurant. My Dad complained to the our waitress, the manager came out and talked to the man, told the bear that he had too leave, he quietly took himself out of the 99. The manager came over to us and apoligized. Offered us a discount for putting up with that man's obeseness. We enjoyed our meal for the rest of the night.

I'm not saying that someone who is a little bit chubby should not be served, but someone who is 500 lbs and disgusting should think twice before entering an eating establishment. That's all.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Why not? I think that she would enjoy a little retard strength.

Let's take a situation: Five years ago, I was eating with my family at the 99 Restaurant in New Hampshire. This fatass (and I mean 500 pd Michael Hibbronco, I wash myself with a rag on a stick size) was ordering and his stench and size chased half the people out of the restaurant. My Dad complained to the our waitress, the manager came out and talked to the man, told the bear that he had too leave, he quietly took himself out of the 99. The manager came over to us and apoligized. Offered us a discount for putting up with that man's obeseness. We enjoyed our meal for the rest of the night.

I'm not saying that someone who is a little bit chubby should not be served, but someone who is 500 lbs and disgusting should think twice before entering an eating establishment. That's all.
Do you understand that you just described a social problem, not a legal one? While I agree with you that I don't want to be around people like that, I more-so think that's it's not up to legislators to manage my social situation.

The story you just told was resolved on the spot, the system worked, why write laws?