Father confesses to decapitating special-needs son

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Jeremiah Lee Wright confessed to decapitating his 7-year-old special needs son, police say.

Jori Liritte's mom called him the most "important person in my life. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to me."

A 7-year-old boy with cerebral palsy and other disabilities including not being able to speak was decapitated, and his biological father has confessed to the killing, police in Thibodaux, Louisiana, said Monday. The child's head was found Sunday by the side of a city street, detective Ricky Ross said.

"We received the call about 12:14 p.m. on Sunday from a volunteer firefighter who was driving by and found a head by itself on the side of the city street," Ross said. When officers arrived, they were not sure whether the head was real, Ross said.

"When police arrived, 30-year-old Jeremiah Lee Wright was standing on the porch and told police it was a CPR dummy and it was just a joke."

"After additional officers arrived, Wright was taken into custody for questioning and during the questioning he confessed to the crime," Ross said.

He added that investigators found a white garbage bag nearby with the child's body inside. While police were on the scene, the child's mother, who said she had been running errands, arrived to find her house surrounded by yellow crime-scene tape. The mother identified the child from pictures as her son, 7-year-old Jori Liritte, Thibodaux Police Chief Scott Silverii said.

"The child had cerebral palsy and was bound to a wheelchair (and also had) additional disabilities," Silverii said. "He also required a feeding tube and he wasn't able to speak verbally."

The chief said Wright confessed to decapitating the child and was charged with first-degree murder, and investigators recovered a hacksaw that they believe was the murder weapon.

"During the interview Wright said he was taking care of (the child) for so many years and he just started to look at him as no longer his son, just an inanimate object," Silverii said. "He and the child's mother had some issues. And he purposely put the child's head in a position for her to see it."

Silverii said police had responded to at least one other recent call at the house.

"Last month, our officers were dispatched for a verbal confrontation over money," he said. There were no other domestic calls the chief could recall.

The gruesome nature of the crime horrified the small community about 65 miles southwest of New Orleans, the chief said.

Jori Liritte was in the second grade at South Thibodaux Elementary School, Silverii said.

"It's really a somber mood around town especially around the school system where the child has been known for years," Silverii said.

Jori's mother, Jesslyn Lirette, spoke to reporters Monday at a news conference where she appeared with the police chief.

Choking back tears, she said, "He was a very important person in my life. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to me."

Jesslyn Lirette asked for "the respect of privacy" in the aftermath of her son's death.

"He has touched so many people in this community -- in school, my friends and my family ... we all love Jori very, very much," she said. "He was a very friendly child, not shy of strangers, he was happy in life. He will be missed sadly and deeply by all his friends and all my friends."

Link

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
How long was he without a head before anyone noticed?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
"During the interview Wright said he was taking care of (the child) for so many years and he just started to look at him as no longer his son, just an inanimate object," Silverii said. "He and the child's mother had some issues. And he purposely put the child's head in a position for her to see it."
It's so fucked up that I laughed at that.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
When police arrived, 30-year-old Jeremiah Lee Wright was standing on the porch and told police it was a CPR dummy and it was just a joke
Well, it was only half a lie, the CPR part wasn't true but the rest was spot on.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
How long was he without a head before anyone noticed?
Well the cuntfuck media left out the part about the Parents bringing him to school for a week with no one the wiser. The Father would give a sly grin and a chortle every once in a while, but he didn't let anyone know the inside joke.

I don't think I could do that to my own kid, but I can understand why he would.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
the kid's definitely special needs now, needs a fucking head.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Choking back tears, she said, "He was a very important person in my life. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to me."
It's all about you ya selfish cunt. Feeding tube? A caring mother woulda put him down a long time ago. She probably drank and who knows what the fuck else during pregnancy. That fuck shoulda gone family murder-suicide.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
JESUS CHRIST, some fine parent you're going to make! What a saint, this guy doesn't think he could decapitate his own kid.
I saw that in iSpy and thought it was bashing AH so I popped in to see what kind of shit was about to go down, now Im just disappointed because I agree that YH probably shouldnt have children.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
great thing is this fuck prob wont be put to death for this.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
well sounds like a forth term abortion to me.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
There's another person I can think of that would benefit from this treatment.

[video=youtube;IoLs5KdeLQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLs5KdeLQg[/video]