Father sells his son's Christmas present online as punishment for smoking pot

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071216/od_afp/canadainternetdrugchristmasoffbeat
Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game online for more than 9000 Sun Dec 16, 1:37 AM ET

MONTREAL (AFP) - After catching his 15-year-old smoking pot, a father sold the hard-to-get "Guitar Hero III" video game he bought his son for 90 dollars for Christmas at an online auction, fetching 9,000 dollars.

The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.

"So I was so relieved in that I had finally got the Holy Grail of Christmas presents pretty much just in the nick of time. I couldn't wait to spread the jubilance to my son," the father wrote on the eBay website.

"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends."

The man, a school teacher, who kept his identity private, said he sold the coveted video game to punish his son and discourage him from smoking dope.

The sale was a boon for the family's bank account, since the game the father purchased for 90 dollars (US) was finally sold to an Australian who plunked down 9,100 dollars for it.

The naughty son, however, will not go without a present on Christmas.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Why would anyone pay 9000 dollars for guitar hero 3? Hell, why buy it at all? It's the exact same game as 2.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Yeah, that'll get him to stop smoking pot. He'll turn to drinking now because he hates his father.

The real story here is that some asshole has $9,000 to shit away on a videogame.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
This guy rules. He oughta buy himself an old hot-rod or something with the $9000 and re-buy the game for his son in about 6 months when the fad's over.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
still dont make sense... 9k?!?!

check ebay not one for over 150 for the game alone

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
still dont make sense... 9k?!?!

check ebay not one for over 150 for the game alone
It probably went for so much because of the "gimmick" involved, i.e. it's not just any Guitar Hero III game, it's a GH3 that a guy sold to punish his son for smoking pot. There's like, a whole backstory behind this particular game now, it's unique.

Anyway, I'm with Sinn Fein. This dad fucking rules.

Ego

Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
I'd make the little bastard play nothing but old-school NES in the house for the next year as punishment for smoking pot.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I'd make the little bastard play nothing but old-school NES in the house for the next year as punishment for smoking pot.
I think that will only make him smoke more pot.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Granted, children and young teens should NOT be using mind altering substances, due to the fact that their brains are still developing, give the stoopid kid a break.

You've never done anything stoopid when a you were a young teen? "whaa"

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the back yard with two of his delinquent friends."

this line cracked me up! As if the kids friends actually forced his son to toke

:haha7::haha7::haha7:

Ego

Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
No. I saw my brothers do it all beforehand, and learned I was better off not doing it.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
$9000? Imagine all the pot you can buy for $9000. Seriously, if I had known this scam would have worked my imaginary son would have been smoking with my imaginary friends years ago.

this line cracked me up! As if the kids friends actually forced his son to toke

:haha7::haha7::haha7:
Me too. I imagined the big blue eyed youngster with the tousled hair and the skeevy kids behind the fence like in those post-Power Ranger PSAs.

Because none of us ever got high and played emulators for 10 hours straight, right or wrong fellas?

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
You've never done anything stoopid when a you were a young teen? "whaa"
I think the dad was pretty even in his punishment.

Honestly, if I were this kid I would have been happy as hell that pops just sold the game to teach me a lesson... My dad was the kind of guy who would have called the cops and told them to charge me with possession.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
My dad was the kind of guy who would have called the cops and told them to charge me with possession.
That have been my mother, that is if she could have ever found anything after one of her "cleanings."

Eight track tapes sucked as a music format, but they sure did make a great stash place. :icon_mrgr

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
It's ironic as fuck too, my dad died about 5 years ago and my mom got really loose lipped with who he really was in the recent years...

Turns out my dad was one of the biggest pot/coke dealers in the Dallas party scene in the late 70s/early 80s around the time they got married and I was born. As far as I knew my dad never even really drank other than (literally) a beer or two during a Cowboys game, much less pot or anything else.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
That would be fantastic. :clap::clap:

I'm not getting this $9,000 though, Wii's and PS3's aren't even selling anywhere near that.
I doubt he put it up on eBay and got 9k... He probably started Mysonsadruggie.com and wrote some bullshit about how he was saving his son from the evils of drug addiction <Insert pohibitionist propaganda here> to drive up the bids.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
It probably went for so much because of the "gimmick" involved, i.e. it's not just any Guitar Hero III game, it's a GH3 that a guy sold to punish his son for smoking pot. There's like, a whole backstory behind this particular game now, it's unique.
Hello, exactly. There's a fucking 6 hour miniseries written on the eBay page. Nice scam. I wonder what crap I can unload with some creative storytelling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200181539427

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
That's not punishment. I've got a shitload of NES ROMs on my harddrive even now.

Fucking love the old school.