Fatso Drops Dead, Baby Blubbered To Death

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
GREENLAWN, N.Y., Sept. 3 (UPI) -- A 1-month-old baby was smothered to death when his obese babysitter collapsed and died on top of him at his home in Greenlawn, N.Y., authorities say.

Michael Baldwin III was found dead with his 39-year-old sitter, Teresa Coffey, by his father, local TV personality Michael Baldwin, Thursday night at the Long Island residence, the New York Post reported Saturday.

"The woman was described as extremely heavy," Detective Lt. Gerard Pelkofsky said. "... Because of the amount of flesh, it could have caused the baby to suffocate."

The father, who had been taping his TV show "Diverse Long Island, said he had rushed home after being unable to reach Coffey by phone and found her slumped on the couch, but couldn't find his son, initially.

"I searched every room," Baldwin told the Post. "I was saying his name, 'Michael! Michael!'"

Returning to the living room, he said he "just had this funny feeling she was on top of him."

"I lifted her and he was underneath," Baldwin said. "He was lying on his back with his hands folded on his stomach.

"He was blue ... . I just grabbed him and called his name -- I knew he was dead."

His son and the babysitter were pronounced dead at a hospital.

Pelkofsky said investigators believe the deaths were a "tragic accident," but were awaiting autopsy and toxicology test results.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...hers-infant/UPI-75101315089899/#ixzz1Ww4r1ZEF
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/09/03/Obese-babysitter-dies-smothers-infant/UPI-75101315089899/?spt=hs&or=tn

Pretty horrific way to find your baby.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Sitter dies and lands on Long Island infant

A morbidly obese Long Island baby sitter accidentally smothered to death a month-old infant when she collapsed and died on the couch where the child was lying, authorities said yesterday.

Teresa Coffey, who was 5-foot-6 and over 200 pounds, was found on top of little Michael Baldwin III on Thursday at around 9:30 p.m. by the boy's horrified father, and both were pronounced dead at a hospital near the Greenlawn home.

"The woman was described as extremely heavy," said Detective Lt. Gerard Pelkofsky. "She was extremely large-breasted . . . Because of the amount of flesh, it could have caused the baby to suffocate."

The boy's dad, Michael Baldwin -- a local TV personality -- ditched a broadcast when he couldn't reach the sitter by phone and raced home.

He found Coffey splayed out on the couch and looked all over for his son.

"I searched every room," Baldwin tearfully recounted yesterday. "I was saying his name, 'Michael! Michael!' "

When his search failed, Baldwin said he returned to the living room, where Coffey, 39, was "slumped on the couch, face down, her knees on the floor . . . I just had this funny feeling she was on top of him.

"I lifted her and he was underneath. He was lying on his back with his hands folded on his stomach.

"He was blue . . . I just grabbed him and called his name -- I knew he was dead."

Both were pronounced dead at Huntington Hospital.

Baldwin was taping his own show, "Diverse Long Island," when the freakish events unfolded.

Suffolk Police Detective Lt. Gerard Pelkofsky said investigators believe the deaths were a "tragic accident" -- but were conducting autopsies and toxicology tests.

A bottle of prescription pills was found with Coffey, who was known to have health problems, Baldwin said.

Baldwin said he'd gotten a message three hours earlier from Coffey telling him to call her. She never picked up his return calls, and Baldwin, an anchorman for News 12 on Long Island, finally raced home.

"[Coffey] had been asking forever if she could watch my baby, because she couldn't have children," Baldwin said.

"She wanted to have kids so bad. I know she had health issues, but I thought she was OK."

Baldwin said his wife, Colby, is devastated by the death of their only child.

Coffey, who lived in Port Jefferson Station, was also married.

Link

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Unbelievable. This is the second incident where a fat broad dies and smothers a baby, this week. What are the odds?

Top Bottom