Fav obscure music

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I consider this fairly obscure, but really like this album, Jello Biafra with the Melvins.
Sample..

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
Structures EP.

I haven't met another metal fan who even knows them.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Greg Ashley
I'm not even sure how I found it, I guess he was in the band Gris Gris.
Most of his stuff on YT don't have over 1,000 views.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Some of her original stuff is pretty good too (with Elysian Fields, since Lovage isn't obscure - or good).

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Very influential, Acid Bath. Ahead of their time.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Posting from phone so no video linky (maybe later)...
Prick/Lucky Pierre. One person project by a mentor/pre-nin bandmate of Trent's(Kevin McMahon)

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Acid Bath is obscure now? I thought their records, especially Pagan Terrorism Tactics were really well known. Well, let me just rethink how many people I could have a conversation about Acid Bath and Dax Riggs projects with in the real world. Yeah, pretty fucking small number.

Probably only known by real Les Claypool fanatics. Les Claypool was really close to being in Sadus, basically.

I don't know why these guys weren't big and aren't mentioned with other crossover bands like Cryptic Slaughter, DRI, Suicidal Tendencies.

Rigor Mortis Vs. The World is amazing. Love it.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I was really waiting for you to chime in
Most people already know my favorites because I've talked about them extensively. That's the thing. I can't of almost any that I've haven't already droned on about.
we share similar taste in music. No homo.
Really? Name your top 5 favorite underground bands. I'll do the same. In no particular order:

- Flipper

- Early Butthole Surfers (I love their later shit too, for the record.)

- Big Black

- Black Flag

- End Fink & the GABA Agonist MC [*]

[*] = Recently discovered and/or new band

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I don't remember exactly how I discovered PIG but I just liked the Sinsation album cover whenever I passed it in Tower Records. Little did I know that Raymond Watts was a former founding member of KMFDM, another favorite band.

Not sure how I came across Lo-Pro either. Just a bunch of guys from other defunct bands trying to make something of themselves and they are really good.

I haven't listened to these guys in years but listening to this more recent song I thing I should

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
Ramones
Vandals
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
I like some odds and ends of Dead Milkmen, NOFX, social d, others I can't remember off the top of my head.
I like the Black Flag a lot because it always seemed like there was some anger at things that I could relate to, like "this is good". At that time I was much more of an outcast than I am now, and so much of punk really spoke for me and how I felt about society. Some of it's goofy, but more punk is really trying to say something real, like Pet Cemetery by the Ramones, "I don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery, I don't want to live my life again".

Another sorta obsure one I like alot is Mike Patton with Dillinger Escape Plan.