• Match Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Lingo

• Chain Reaction

• Card Sharks

• Other (Weakest Link, Newlywed Game, To Tell The Truth, etc)

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
What is your favorite TV game show...past or present? I'm sure I missed a few shows in the poll...but these are the ones that came to my head.

I just got the Time Warner Sports/Games package and when there's nothing on, I usually leave it on the Game Show Network.

I've never watched Lingo before, but I can get into that. Same with Chain Reaction.

By the way...how old is Chuck Woolery? He's gotta be in his 60's, but he still looks like he's in his 30's.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Has anyone realized that Jeopardy has gotten progressively stupider over the past decade or so?

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
This poll blows, there are soooooooooooooooooooo many others I'd rather vote for

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I agree. Motherfucker puts on Deal or No Deal and 1 v. 100 but no 21 (the old school version with John Tuturro and Shooter McGavin) or Supermarket Sweep (when you're at the counter and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you can have on Supermarket Sweep). Card Sharks? Really? Too bad they cancelled Playmania, that Shandi bitch was hot.

Ever watch the really late night GSN at like 3, 4 am where it's stuff from the 40s and 50s and the tape is all scratchy and the sound is bad and in the darkness of the dead hours you just think about how all those people are dead?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I agree. Motherfucker puts on Deal or No Deal and 1 v. 100 but no 21 (the old school version with John Tuturro and Shooter McGavin) or Supermarket Sweep (when you're at the counter and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you can have on Supermarket Sweep). Card Sharks? Really? Too bad they cancelled Playmania, that Shandi bitch was hot.

Ever watch the really late night GSN at like 3, 4 am where it's stuff from the 40s and 50s and the tape is all scratchy and the sound is bad and in the darkness of the dead hours you just think about how all those people are dead?
Sorry fella...I maxed out at 15 and totally forgot about Supermarket Sweep. Damn, I used to watch that when I was kid and fuckin loved it.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I wouldn't know where to begin....Remote Control, Scrabble, Rock & Roll Jeopardy, and Concentration for starters.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Super Market Sweep fuckin ruled!

But I had to vote Card Sharks cause out of the options, that's the one I like best cause I used to watch it with my Nana. Press Your Luck was a close 2nd

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Watching the old classic game shows, it's kinda sobering knowing most of those contestants are probably all dead. Even the hosts...I mean, of course you got Ray Combs dead...and Allen Ludden and Bill Cullen. Yet Richard Dawson is still kicking!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I used to love The Liars Club, To Tell The Truth, and Whew!(it only lasted a year).
Jeoparsdy is my all time favorite though. and Liddy, you just got smarter..I was always pretty good at it, except the chemistry and opera questions.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
My favorite when I was a kid was Joker's Wild. Price is Right was a morning ritual at my grandma's house in the summer. I used to like Sale of the Century back in the 80's too. The questions on today's shows are really dumbed down for the masses. Deal or No Deal is just a guessing game. No skills or intelligence needed.

MiLennyM

Always expect the unexpected
Aug 15, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Hollywood Squares was great, either the old school version or the Whoopie version (it lost something after she left). Match Game still rules!

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Yuck, I don't like any game show where people can win. That's why I like Japanese game shows. The best prize you can win is not getting kicked in the balls.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Jeopardy, but I was on a Match Game kick for a while when Game Show Network first came on. I loved the horrific clothes and how they all had either giant fake caps or nicotine/coffee stained teeth. The theme music was awful in a good way too.

Also have to mention the Richard Dawson-era Family Feud. Gotta love a show that has an overtanned , drunken pervert as its host.

The only thing about Jeopardy is that if you watch it long enough, you'll notice they ask the same questions in different ways and you get to know the answers from the repitition of them. For instance, there's always a Shakespeare category and one about Presidents.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Has anyone realized that Jeopardy has gotten progressively stupider over the past decade or so?
Why shouldnt Jeopardy reflect society? Its still the besssssst though.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Anyone remember a game show called $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime?

Family Feud as a game show is kinda lame, but there's usually at least one good "dumbass" moment per episode. My college roommate and I were watching it a few years ago (Richard Karn was the host) and a golfer family won and made it to fast money....One of the questions was: "Name a word that starts with the letter 'Q'"

First Golfer woman: "Quiznos!"
Second Golfer woman: "um.........Cute"
Total Points: 0