Fax Machine Help

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
I currently have an HP All-in-One printer/fax/scanner.

I was wondering if there's any way to have it automatically create an image of the incoming fax rather than having it print out and then manually scanning the fax on to my PC.

If not is there any desktop software that I could look into that would work? Or would I need to subscribe to a service to do this?

Thanks for the help.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
No. You could do this if you had a Fax Modem and the right software. The printer just acts like a regullar stand-alone fax machine.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Depends on which model of mutlifunction machine you have. There may be a setting for PC receive. This will redirect the faxes to the computer as long as it is on.

The Brother all-in-ones have this option, with the added benefit that they store the faxes (usually about 40 or 50 pages) in the machine even if the PC is off and then pulls them off when you want.

As Bobobie posted, You can also use a fax-modem in the computer or a service such as E-Fax.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
Years ago one of my clients used Winfax Pro and it worked fairly well. It doesn't look like they make it anymore but people are selling it on eBay for about 20 to 30 bucks. I would also recommend getting a cheap USR external modem to go along with it.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
All this thread needs is a picture of a Delorean...

But, thelord68 nailed it.