OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

FBI agent wrecks $750,000 Ferrari, gets off scot-free

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Oct 12, 2011.

  1. Josh_R

    Josh_R Registered User

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2005
    Messages:
    5,847
    Likes Received:
    458
    It must be nice to make a law saying that you are not liable for damage to property that you hold in your custody.
    A little background: Someone stole an extremely rare car from a dealer. The insurance co paid the dealer. Years later the feds found the car, so the insurance co wanted it back, since they had already paid for it. The feds wrecked the car and said "fuck you".
     
  2. Josh_R

    Josh_R Registered User

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2005
    Messages:
    5,847
    Likes Received:
    458
  3. Voss's Tumor

    Voss's Tumor Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    Messages:
    15,516
    Likes Received:
    4
    Take it to the US Supreme and it should be over-turned, with court cost reimbursed... If not, it's time to start the revolution.
     
  4. MayrMeninoCrash

    MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2004
    Messages:
    24,065
    Likes Received:
    8,333
    Should've searched for "1%'er gets his car wrecked by Federal agents hoping to redistribute his wealth to the other 99%"
     
  5. d0uche_n0zzle

    d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2004
    Messages:
    46,484
    Likes Received:
    6,782
    Considering the Fed wasn't acting in his official capacity, they should pay for it.

    However, we all know those CUNTS stick together like napalmed babies.
     
  6. whiskeyguy

    whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2010
    Messages:
    36,180
    Likes Received:
    21,788
    Use Google. Just type in a couple keywords and then wackbag. Here's the return for "ferarri fbi wackbag" and that thread is listed just below this one.

    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp....,cf.osb&fp=2d2403e1866258da&biw=1600&bih=775

    I agree, this is fucking infuriating. I can see if it was damaged from something beyond the FBI's control or during normal handling, but when an agent goes for a joy ride, they should absolutely be held accountable.
     
  7. lajikal

    lajikal Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    15,476
    Likes Received:
    3,802
    Considering the agent wasn't conducting official duties he should be liable for reimbursement/ charges.
     
  8. Voss's Tumor

    Voss's Tumor Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    Messages:
    15,516
    Likes Received:
    4
    He should be held accountable, but ultimately it's the Fed's baby. This was a break-down in discipline, inventory control, and over-all untouchable attitude. I would prefer huge punitive damages as well.
     
  9. lajikal

    lajikal Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    15,476
    Likes Received:
    3,802
    Yeah you're right but as long as bosses keep taking the hit for everything, shit like this will continue to happen. (because bosses, structures, discipline come and go; but rough individual-based penalties make dumbasses think twice).
     
  10. Voss's Tumor

    Voss's Tumor Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    Messages:
    15,516
    Likes Received:
    4
    Oh sure, this is a $750k car which was stolen, I think that qualifies for grand theft auto charges... But the FBI needs to pay the owner as well.
     
  11. THRILLHO

    THRILLHO Registered User

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    870
    Likes Received:
    1,073
    Since an insurance company is the owner I want to say fuck them, but on the other hand they'll probably turn right around and raise their rates. hm..
     
  12. Voss's Tumor

    Voss's Tumor Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    Messages:
    15,516
    Likes Received:
    4
    You can't make the distinction, though.
     
  13. lajikal

    lajikal Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Messages:
    15,476
    Likes Received:
    3,802

Share This Page