FDA to ban flavored e-cigs to help curb 'epidemic' - And Menthols LAWDY LAWDY!!

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Cuz y’all stink like poo.
Because it makes you and everything around you smell really bad and
as someone with a lung disease even 2nd hand smoke effects my breathing.
When I smoked I never realized just how bad cigarettes stink. As soon as
you quit and aren't breathing it in it becomes very obvious.
So where does individual freedom stop? Should wood burning stoves in homes be banned? Should your landscaping be limited based on your neighbors allergies? Perfumes and colognes? Do we adjust society to cater to the most sensitive among us, or tell them to toughen up and deal with it? It's a serious question.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I don't understand why people care if other people smoke? There's the burden argument in terms of health insurance/entitlements, but I saw a study that said we actually spend less on smokers because they die before getting all the other expensive shit that old people get.

It doesn't matter. When looking at the timeline of human existence, the lifespan of everyone you ever knew will be marked by the same exact ultra-thin line.
1. Because you stink like hickory-smoked ass.

2. Because you tend to burn shit down by throwing your glowing ass-stink embers around.

Other than that, I pretty much don't give a turkey. It's true about the smokers dying young and sparing the society the expense of their elder care, so the healthcare issue becomes a wash.

Keep your gar-bage le blanc ciggie stink away from me, and don't pass out drunk while smoking or toss your butts into dry kindling or flammable furniture, and I pretty much don't give a care about your cancer sticks.

I own stock in tobacco companies... so smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Last edited:

Creasy Bear

Donator
So where does individual freedom stop? Should wood burning stoves in homes be banned? Should your landscaping be limited based on your neighbors allergies? Perfumes and colognes? Do we adjust society to cater to the most sensitive among us, or tell them to toughen up and deal with it? It's a serious question.
The landscaping allergy thing isn't a realistic problem that can be solved, and the perfume thing isn't all that big an issue. Mere cologne and perfume can't stink up, and basically permanently ruin a space... whereas cigarettes absolutely can and do.

I was a kid in the 70s, and the entire world absolutely reeked of cigarettes back then. It. Fucking. Stunk. Everywhere you went, from your own goddamn living room, to every public bar, restaurant, movie theater, grocery stores(yes, I remember shoppers strolling the aisles of grocery stores puffing away on cigarettes) HOSPITALS!!! I remember people smoking in fucking hospitals ferchrissakes. And don't even get me started on the smoking on airplanes thing.

Cigarette bans aren't about catering to the most sensitive, cigarette bans are about catering to the vast majority of the population that doesn't want to live in a world that absolutely reeks of disgusting cigarette stench.

You want freedom? You're perfectly free to go outside in the gutter where you belong and stink up the alley with your cigarette stink. There, enjoy your freedom.

Last edited:

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Isn't the difference that colognes and environmental allergens only affect a small, specific part of the population. If you suffer from hay fever, maybe consider living in the desert or stocking up on antihistamines. You wouldn't propose Agent Oranging your neighbor's property for your comfort.

Cigarettes affect everyone in measurable ways. It's not an individual sensitivity....it releases chemicals that cause cancer, leave lingering odors and stains and are a fire and pollution hazard. And it's not mandatory that people smoke. Like Creasy I remember riding in cars or eating in restaurants with the constant haze of smoke in them. It was not enjoyable.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Can you wrap all those strawmen up into a ciggie and smoke it?

You’re 15% of the population and falling, cuz death and people are getting smarter. 85% of us say we don’t wanna breathe your cancer, smell your shitstink, or see your used butts just about everywhere outside.

I’m still amazed that somehow it’s socially acceptable for selfish smokers to just flick butts EVERYWHERE, even lit.

The landscaping allergy thing isn't a realistic problem that can be solved, and the perfume thing isn't all that big an issue. Mere cologne and perfume can't stink up, and basically permanently ruin a space... whereas cigarettes absolutely can and do.

I was a kid in the 70s, and the entire world absolutely reeked of cigarettes back then. It. Fucking. Stunk. Everywhere you went, from your own goddamn living room, to every public bar, restaurant, movie theater, grocery stores(yes, I remember shoppers strolling the aisles of grocery stores puffing away on cigarettes) HOSPITALS!!! I remember people smoking in fucking hospitals ferchrissakes. And don't even get me started on the smoking on airplanes thing.

Cigarette bans aren't about catering to the most sensitive, cigarette bans are about catering to the vast majority of the population that doesn't want to live in a world that absolutely reeks of disgusting cigarette stench.

You want freedom? You're perfectly free to go outside in the gutter where you belong and stink up the alley with your cigarette stink. There, enjoy your freedom.
Well that and cigarette butts everywhere, people would be stuck in traffic and dump their ashtrays on the highway. And the gutters would be awash in butts.

Isn't the difference that colognes and environmental allergens only affect a small, specific part of the population. If you suffer from hay fever, maybe consider living in the desert or stocking up on antihistamines. You wouldn't propose Agent Oranging your neighbor's property for your comfort.

Cigarettes affect everyone in measurable ways. It's not an individual sensitivity....it releases chemicals that cause cancer, leave lingering odors and stains and are a fire and pollution hazard. And it's not mandatory that people smoke. Like Creasy I remember riding in cars or eating in restaurants with the constant haze of smoke in them. It was not enjoyable.
I cleaned one of my computers when I still smoked, like the fans case and whatnot... the brown goodness caked on everything was fucking gross. I quit during my divorce but the first thing I did after leaving the gulag was wash everything to remove that smoke smell and toss things that I couldn't...

Creasy Bear

Donator
Do cars have ashtrays anymore? I'm thinking about it, and I don't think any of the cars in our family fleet have ashtrays.

I remember when airplane seat armrests had ashtrays built into them, and people would use them! Filthy animals.

Where do smokers ash their ciggies and toss their butts when they're driving now?

I'm pretty sure I have a good idea where. Filthy animals.

Last edited:

Bobobie

I remember working in a Robotics Factory in Auburn Hills Michigan. Smoking and tossing cigarette butts on the freshly waxed floors. Smoking on overseas flights to Europe. So glad I quit before it was banned everywhere.

Do cars have ashtrays anymore? I'm thinking about it, and I don't think any of the cars in our family fleet have ashtrays.

I remember when airplane seat armrests had ashtrays built into them, and people would use them! Filthy animals.

Where do smokers ash their ciggies and toss their butts when they're driving now?

Nope no ashtrays... you have to order a "smoker's package" which consists of basically a container that fits in the cup holder.

Pretty much all of my dad's cars in the 70's up through the late 80's would have at least 4 or 5 ashtrays... and shit my buddy had a mid-70s Lincoln Towncar that one prob had 7 or 8...

Creasy Bear

Donator
I remember the cigarette burns all over the place when I was a kid. Like gross brownish-amber cancer stains on everything.... furniture, the formica counters in restaurants, car upholstery... I specifically remember my grandmother's kitchen table being covered with them.

Fucking yuck. Thank Moloch that disgusting insanity was dealt with.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I remember the cigarette burns all over the place when I was a kid. Like gross brownish-amber cancer stains on everything.... furniture, the formica counters in restaurants, car upholstery... I specifically remember my grandmother's kitchen table being covered with them.

Fucking yuck. Thank Moloch that disgusting insanity was dealt with.
Smokers are selfish cunts who bring down the quality of life for almost everyone around them. When I see one who’s had their tongue or larynx removed, I wanna jump for joy.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Smokers are selfish cunts who bring down the quality of life for almost everyone around them. When I see one who’s had their tongue or larynx removed, I wanna jump for joy.
I remember being in the back seat of my grandfather's big boat of a Thunderbird. He had the windows rolled up, and the AC blasting, because he was a sweaty fatbody. He was chain-smoking unfiltered Chesterfields(with 3 children in the car) and the car was filled with a cloud of smoke so noxious it was blue... fucking blue smoke. I still remember that cloud of toxic death vividly.

It made me so sick, that I puked on my Winnie the Pooh blanky, and my grandfather pulled over bitching and yelling, and he grabbed my pukey Pooh blanky, tossed it in a ditch on the side of the road, and then he got back in, lit up another Chesterfield, and drove away.

Fuck that old selfish cunt asshole. I loved my Pooh blanky.

Many years later, I got to watch my grandfather die a horrific , wasting cancer-riddled black-pudding-lungs death.

Ha!

Pooh blanky! You have been avenged!

I don't know where people even smoke any more like in this state:

1. Can't smoke in state parks or on the beach.
2. Can't smoke in your car if there is someone under 16 in the vehicle.
3. All the hospitals won't let you smoke on their campuses.
4. Most of the retailers around here have signs at their doors "no smoking with in 25 of doorway"
5. And I guess no smoking in state housing as I always see those people outside killing themselves.

whiskeyguy

Donator
You’re 15% of the population and falling, cuz death and people are getting smarter. 85% of us say we don’t wanna breathe your cancer, smell your shitstink, or see your used butts just about everywhere outside.
Well food allergies hospitalize 200,000 people a year, should all peanut-based products be banned?

Drunk driving kills 10,000 people a year and causes significant property damage, should alcohol be banned?

There are 4.5 million dog bites per year in the United States, we should probably ban dogs as pets, or at the very least NEVER let them in public.

Obesity causes 300,000 deaths per year in the United States... better ban all unhealthy food (and let's eliminate even the ability to throw a McDonalds bag on the side of the road).

But wait, the main argument is you don't like it:

Well, millions of people don't think gender identity should be assumed in America, so lets just go ahead and ban that.
Millions of people don't think crude/racist/sexist jokes have a place in society, so let's go ahead and ban those.
Millions of people don't like seeing plastic bags all over the place, so ban those.
Etc Etc Etc.

It's fine when we're banning something you don't like, but if we go down that road we end up banning everything anyone dislikes. We have a beach back home in Northern California. Now keep in mind this isn't a sun-bathing or swimming beach... the average summer temperature is 65 degrees with 20 mph winds and an undertow that will have you in Japan by lunch. It's a very long beach and not heavily used. We use to go out there as kids, ride our four wheelers around, and then drink beer around a fire at night.

Well, people started complaining that the four-wheelers and trucks scared the horses & dogs people brought to the beach, so they banned all vehicles. Then people started complaining that the dogs were running around freely, so they required they be leashed. Next they restricted dog use to a very small part of the beach. Then people complained that the horses were trampling the vegetation, so they banned those. Soon after that, they banned bonfires and smoking because the smoke disturbed some people.

So a beach that was once a great source of all kinds of recreation has been attacked by so many interest groups, that now you can basically go out there, sit down, and look at the water. If we start banning the things you dislike, we have to ban the things another person dislikes, and pretty soon none of us can do the things we love.

I would rather live in a world where there are the smells, noises, risks, and consequences of individual freedoms, than one where everyone is neutered and restricted to appease others.

ysr50

Donator
Well food allergies hospitalize 200,000 people a year, should all peanut-based products be banned?

Drunk driving kills 10,000 people a year and causes significant property damage, should alcohol be banned?

There are 4.5 million dog bites per year in the United States, we should probably ban dogs as pets, or at the very least NEVER let them in public.

Obesity causes 300,000 deaths per year in the United States... better ban all unhealthy food (and let's eliminate even the ability to throw a McDonalds bag on the side of the road).

Well, millions of people don't think gender identity should be assumed in America, so lets just go ahead and ban that.
Millions of people don't think crude/racist/sexist jokes have a place in society, so let's go ahead and ban those.
Millions of people don't like seeing plastic bags all over the place, so ban those.
Etc Etc Etc.

It's fine when we're banning something you don't like, but if we go down that road we end up banning everything anyone dislikes. We have a beach back home in Northern California. Now keep in mind this isn't a sun-bathing or swimming beach... the average summer temperature is 65 degrees with 20 mph winds and an undertow that will have you in Japan by lunch. It's a very long beach and not heavily used. We use to go out there as kids, ride our four wheelers around, and then drink beer around a fire at night.

Well, people started complaining that the four-wheelers and trucks scared the horses & dogs people brought to the beach, so they banned all vehicles. Then people started complaining that the dogs were running around freely, so they required they be leashed. Next they restricted dog use to a very small part of the beach. Then people complained that the horses were trampling the vegetation, so they banned those. Soon after that, they banned bonfires and smoking because the smoke disturbed some people.

So a beach that was once a great source of all kinds of recreation has been attacked by so many interest groups, that now you can basically go out there, sit down, and look at the water. If we start banning the things you dislike, we have to ban the things another person dislikes, and pretty soon none of us can do the things we love.

I would rather live in a world where there are the smells, noises, risks, and consequences of individual freedoms, than one where everyone is neutered and restricted to appease others.
You're perspective, and mine as well, doesn't match their reality. They haven't witnessed all of these freedoms being taken away in the first person like someone who's grown up here in the name of progress. Lots of fun stuff that was perfectly legal 3 decades ago is verboten today. It's sad.

whiskeyguy

Donator
You're perspective, and mine as well, doesn't match their reality. They haven't witnessed all of these freedoms being taken away in the first person like someone who's grown up here in the name of progress. Lots of fun stuff that was perfectly legal 3 decades ago is verboten today. It's sad.
It always starts banning things like smoking, because it's an easy sell. But then people realize they can legislate away annoyances and things they find offensive.

By the way, I hate indoor smoking. I hate riding in vehicles of someone who smokes. But that doesn't mean I think those acts should be banned. It's my job to avoid things I dislike, not try to prevent everyone else from enjoying them.

ysr50

Donator
It always starts banning things like smoking, because it's an easy sell. But then people realize they can legislate away annoyances and things they find offensive.

By the way, I hate indoor smoking. I hate riding in vehicles of someone who smokes. But that doesn't mean I think those acts should be banned. It's my job to avoid things I dislike, not try to prevent everyone else from enjoying them.
I don't smoke in my house, but I do in my truck, but not with windows closed like Creasy described. A thousand mile journey starts with one step, just like death by a thousand small cuts.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Cuz y’all stink like poo.
Then dont be friends with, be near, or around smokers. Why do you give a fuck i smoke? We'll probably never meet so youll never smell me. I enjoy smoking. I honestly could careless if it gives me cancer. We all die. I already plan on punching my own ticket at the first sign if decline and i carry a living will says if im unable to breath on my own unplug me and a dnr and god forbid i ended up line bonas grandpa my friends know to smoother me because its what i want.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

I cut the top off a tallboy and keep it filled 2/3rds with water. Thats where my butts go in the car. Same with at home. I dont use ash trays. I use a glass jar with water in it. Only way to be sure the butt is out and the ashes dont smolder. When its full put the lid on it n throw it out

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I grew and live in NJ. If anyone can relate to you Californians its me. In my town you cant even sit on your front steps or porch n smoke or have an open container if its within 20 feet of the sidewalk. Everyones front yard is under 20 feet. So i cant even hang out on my god damn wrap around screened in front porch on a nice spring day and just relax with a beer and cigarette. On my own fucking property. That i get taxed thru the nose for. I need to get out of this state

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

Etc Etc Etc.

After that post you should have enough strawmen to roll up a whole pack of cancer causing, shit stinking ciggies. We ask that you please don’t throw the butts on the ground.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
. I already plan on punching my own ticket at the first sign if decline and i carry a living will says if im unable to breath on my own unplug me and a dnr and god forbid i ended up line bonas grandpa my friends know to smoother.
I see a lump on your neck, dude...

Creasy Bear

Donator
I cut the top off a tallboy and keep it filled 2/3rds with water. Thats where my butts go in the car. Same with at home. I dont use ash trays. I use a glass jar with water in it. Only way to be sure the butt is out and the ashes dont smolder. When its full put the lid on it n throw it out
Nothing says "White Trash" like a Mason jar, red Solo cup, or a beer can filled with soggy ciggie butts.

I'm picturing tattered getting hit from behind by a semi truck and soggy stinky ciggie butts splashing out of his tall boy tray and splattering all over his car and him.

Funny.

Creasy Bear

Donator

No, smoking indoors has to be banned because there are far too many assholes in the world who would smoke indoors, because they're gross, and they're assholes. The fact that you wouldn't do it is perfectly irrelevant. There are plenty of asshole who would. I lived in that world. Fuck that.

If those laws need to be enforced with a rifle butt to a ciggie-smoking asshole's teeth, so fucking be it. That cigarette stink shit it that fucking bad.