Feb 2012?

Sep 23, 2004
So they keep dropping hints of a big change in Feb 2012...

Does Fez come out of the closet?
Does Fez check into a mental institution and take an extended break from the show?
Does Fez leave the show altogether?
Maybe there is just no payoff?

I don't know what else the change can be. I don't know what their contract situation is.

I just remember one show in December when Fez was having a really rough show, and Ronnie said I can't wait until February. X-(

Speculate!

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
I hope its nothing or a small dose of change for the better. As long as Ron is happy and stays pretty much the way he is I'll be good with it.
Yesterday's show was great background to have on in the shop while I was working, I'd hate to lose that.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Fez is going to be replaced by Frank Watson and they are gonna call it the Frankie & Ronnie show.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
tease it till the last day in Feb with absolutely nothing happening.

My hope is Fez leaves.

Sep 23, 2004
My prediction is that Fez checks into Fart Winds for a long stay, something like 3 to 6 months. But wouldn't be shocked if Fez stepped down/got forced out. Maybe I'm a dummy, but I also wouldn't be shocked if Fez came out of the closet.

ughh

Nov 14, 2010
I don't think anything will happen. Last year there was talk of "reformatting" and giving Fez a new position, never happened.

Fez can't leave the show since he has absolutely nothing else in his life except a non talking cat and a shitty apartment in retard island. Ron is only friend and he clings to him for dear life, attacking anyone who Fez perceives as a rival to their friendship. (Dave, Zito, Pepper on occassion, numerous interns etc.).

XMScott

Its Business Time!
Aug 6, 2004
Found this on ronfez.net

"I have it on good authority, that former WJFKers Ron and Fez, will be parting ways soon. The Sirius XM radio comedy duo currently heard on The Opie and Anthony channel during the midday, will be calling it quits near the end of Feb 2012. Ron is taking on other projects like Unmasked and Ron Bennington Interviews - ronbenningtoninterviews.com and Fez Whatley will begin doing voice work for a high powered animation company in Florida in the Fall of 2012. This is NOT confirmed, though my source is pretty reliable when it comes to inside info. (12/4/11)"

http://www.dcrtv.com/mailbag.html

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I will really be disappointed to see The Ron Bennington Show end. I still like obtaining the 11-3 show and while I usually skip FOTS and interviews, I enjoy Ron's insights and his banter with Hicks and Zito.

Fez doing voice work as what? Mr. Silent?

Sep 23, 2004
You realize Feb 12th is a sunday......

Are you retarded? What does this even mean?

Found this on ronfez.net

"I have it on good authority, that former WJFKers Ron and Fez, will be parting ways soon. The Sirius XM radio comedy duo currently heard on The Opie and Anthony channel during the midday, will be calling it quits near the end of Feb 2012. Ron is taking on other projects like Unmasked and Ron Bennington Interviews - ronbenningtoninterviews.com and Fez Whatley will begin doing voice work for a high powered animation company in Florida in the Fall of 2012. This is NOT confirmed, though my source is pretty reliable when it comes to inside info. (12/4/11)"

If it's true, jesus, it has to end at some point right? How long can you have a show go on like this.

Some of the people over at RonFez.net are fucking delusional. They said that Fez has been strong lately. I listened to a handful of shows from this year, and man, Fez was struggling. Sometimes these shows end where Ron, Hicks and Zito are fucking around with some topic, Fez does his sniper routine, and Ron will ask, who said that? Also I think a show from this month, Ron said Fez was clocked in at just under 4 minutes of actual talking.

Yeah, it is time to put this show down. I wonder how Fez is going to do being back home in Florida.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Found this on ronfez.net

Looking at Ronfez.net, it looks like this DCRTV report goes back to early December. I assume that Ron bringing it up now is just screwing with everyone.

ughh

Nov 14, 2010
That is a shame. Fez sucks but he doesn't talk so who really cares, he is basically a human house plant at this point--all you have to endure is about 5 minutes of bitching about gay issues and then after that the show is smooth sailing. Ron's banter with Pepper and Zito is still amusing and gets me through boring afternoons at work. Oh well guess I will just relisten to O&A or just start bringing a flask to work.

Sep 23, 2004
Looking at Ronfez.net, it looks like this DCRTV report goes back to early December. I assume that Ron bringing it up now is just screwing with everyone.
He first brought it up in early December, I think I have the show which he said it for the first time. He said something like "February can't come quick enough."

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
He first brought it up in early December, I think I have the show which he said it for the first time. He said something like "February can't come quick enough."
I wonder if that was before or after this anonymous post on DCRTV?

I could be wrong about it and maybe Fez is gone come next month, but we've gone through these things before with Ron playing on internet rumors for fun.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I haven't listened in the last few months, let me know if something does happen.

The Keeed

Nov 20, 2006
Are you retarded? What does this even mean?

If it's true, jesus, it has to end at some point right? How long can you have a show go on like this.

Some of the people over at RonFez.net are fucking delusional. They said that Fez has been strong lately. I listened to a handful of shows from this year, and man, Fez was struggling. Sometimes these shows end where Ron, Hicks and Zito are fucking around with some topic, Fez does his sniper routine, and Ron will ask, who said that? Also I think a show from this month, Ron said Fez was clocked in at just under 4 minutes of actual talking.

Yeah, it is time to put this show down. I wonder how Fez is going to do being back home in Florida.
I saw that, it seems to make sense up to where it says Fez will do voice work, so I don't see that happening. They're teasing it like Fez is coming out then, so I also doubt that will occur, and if he's set a date, why not just come out now?

I personally am really enjoying the shows recently, especially the awfulness of Fez, but this can't last very long. I think it'll be a relatively major shakeup of the show with maybe Dave or Earl coming back. Ron has said he still enjoys doing the show, so I don't see him relegating to just interviews partly because the show has been getting better and better guests recently, and he seems to love the Interrobang, even though I'm finding it more and more intolerable and uninteresting.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Does anyone else remember the "Fez cooks Thanksgiving Dinner" show where Fez was feeling strong and comfortable? Ron asked if Fez wanted to pick a date next year and reveal the secret on that date? Fez said yes. Perhaps they picked a date in February? I'll believe it when I hear it, but that's my theory.