OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Feds rank Texas worst healthcare provider

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Full rankings:
    http://statesnapshots.ahrq.gov/snaps11/index.jsp?

Nice to see Massachusetts cracked the top 5. I'm sure Romney will be able to run on that... :icon_cool

[​IMG]

2. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Texas also has the best Oncology and Cardiology specialty hospitals in the world. It also, however, has huge populations of both entrepreneurs who say fuck health care coverage since they have the money to pay for it themselves, and people who live "off the grid" so to speak, so if you're considering percentage of population who have no health care coverage in these ratings, well, no shit?

3. Jon the Cop

Jon the Cop Registered User

OK fine. So private health care companies failed in providing these services, in the State of Texas.

4. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Just think of the improvements they will be able to make when everybody there finally pays their bills.

5. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I'm sure there were no politics played in this case.

6. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Now I want to move to Texas.

7. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

They would; they're the fucking Feds.

8. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

yet people more to TX from other states

9. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

If it means you'll go to a shitty hospital and die, I'm all for it.

10. Myhairygrundle

Myhairygrundle Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Worst healthcare provider for sure. That's why MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is the top ranked cancer treatment center in the country. Even you Yankees up in Dallas have a great med center with Baylor.

Ranking healthcare is very subjective. As a resident of this fine state, I can assure everyone that our emergency rooms are indeed filled with illegals seeking primary care, not emergencies.

And it appears that the study is racist. The top ranking states are filled with white people. So no sickle cell or diabetes to deal with. Just wait until the Mexicans make it up there...then they are fucked in the culo.

I'm surprised that the administration didn't give the award to Arizona since they are #1 on Barry's shit list. But we can take that honor if they just give it to the state they hate the most.

11. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Yep, my father-in-law has had some form of cancer for close to 20 years now, and MD Anderson keeps him patched up and perfect to the point where it pretty much doesn't affect him at all. (He has a minor surgery about once every 5 years or so, something lymph node related)

There's also that place out in Tyler. People fly in from all over the world to be treated by the hacks in this horribly rated state. :haha7:

12. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Yep, my father-in-law has had some form of cancer for close to 20 years now, and MD Anderson keeps him patched up and perfect to the point where it pretty much doesn't affect him at all. (He has a minor surgery about once every 5 years or so, something lymph node related)

There's also that place out in Tyler. People fly in from all over the world to be treated by the hacks in this horribly rated state. :haha7:

13. Party Rooster

Does MD Anderson have an infinite number of beds to treat everyone?

They pulled statistics on non-subjective data like hospitality mortality, cancer survival rates, etc.

Texas barely beat out
    Oklahoma and Arkansas are pretty white too.

Arizona was rated "average." And probably 3 of the top 5 could be considered red states.

14. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

I would be proud to be ranked last by any fed survey, it means they must be doing something right

15. Myhairygrundle

I really don't give a shit. If I get really sick, I'm not getting on a plane and going to wherever you are. I'm going to the world famous Texas Medical Center.

That article is just a hit job on the state. People from all over the world come to Houston to be treated by some of the best doctors.

Putting west Virginia and Texas in the same lineup is laughable.

16. Party Rooster

And Cedar Sinai, John Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, etc.

[​IMG]

17. Myhairygrundle

Those are all fine institutions. Not a darn thing wrong with them. Like I said, ranking things like this is subjective.

It's like a food war. New York pizza versus Chicago pizza. Texas or Kansas barbecue. All are excellent and have merit. Not that health care is on par with that, but you get the idea.

This is the same government that has studies on the masturbation habits of old men? I'll leave credible studies up to someone else, not the government.

I stand by the political hatchet point.

18. Party Rooster

What part of hospital mortality and cancer survivability statistics are subjective?

Live by it, die by it. All the same to me. :action-sm

19. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

I'll go to the Cleveland Clinic before any of those places

20. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

My wife's 85 year old grand-dad was a goner, something wrong with his ticker.

Long story short, they called a Hospital 10 minutes away and found a guy who literally invented a procedure to repair one of his valves and he's strong as a mule. The hospitals in Dallas and Houston are amazing, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The fact is there's a bunch of rednecks in Texas who do things like never go to doctors until it's too late. You can't blame the health care system for idiots who're scared of doctors.

If you look at that list I'm sure you're going to see the same rankings if you sort by rednecks per capita.