Film and Television Recommendations

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but I can't speak for the rest as I haven't watched them yet. It'll make you want to listen to Nick Cave too.
I'm on episode 6 of season 1 of Peaky Blinders.

Other than a few show bizzy things ruining the historical immersion factor. I don't mind it. Its pretty good.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
There goes my next show to watch.
Hot Tub Party Massacre

"The sisters of the Delta Omega sorority won a free weekend at a luxurious hotel & spa. They planned on having a fun and steamy weekend. However, things go from steamy to bloody."

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Hot Tub Party Massacre

"The sisters of the Delta Omega sorority won a free weekend at a luxurious hotel & spa. They planned on having a fun and steamy weekend. However, things go from steamy to bloody."
:confused:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
@Hog's Big Ben @Stormrider666

I have zero interest in signing up for another Streaming Service. I don't care how many Marvel and Star Wars things the Disney Streaming churns out, those hold zero interest to me. But this might sway me...

https://www.filmstruck.com/us/sign-up

Filmstruck. It's a movie streaming service with Criterion and, just announced today, the TCM catalogue.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator

I have zero interest in signing up for another Streaming Service. I don't care how many Marvel and Star Wars things the Disney Streaming churns out, those hold zero interest to me. But this might sway me...

Filmstruck. It's a movie streaming service with Criterion and, just announced today, the TCM catalogue.
I have been considering signing up for Filmstruck for awhile now. Just have taken the plunge yet. Them adding the TCM catalogue may change all that.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

I was about to sign up for filmstruck a while back, but then didn’t because a magician turned my fire stick into a magic wand.

And of course I’m all in on Disney streaming just so I can hate-watch the Star Wars show. You will be too.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
How many services does everyone have? Is this in addition to cable/satellite?

I can't bring myself to sign up for more than one or two at a time and I don't have cable/satellite.

Pigdango

Donator

I can't bring myself to sign up for more than one or two at a time and I don't have cable/satellite.
I have Netflix and Prime and still have cable with all the premiums. I plan to streamline eventually but just haven’t made the time to research everything.

My thought is that I’d be able to cut Cable back to maybe just basic plus a sports package (if they have it) and then have
Netflix
Prime
Hulu
Disney
Filmstruck
TubiTV - this is a free app I just found that has a decent selection of movies and shows with just a couple commercials before it starts. Some decent stuff like Hurt Locker but also a lot of bottom of the barrel stuff - might be a HitW goldmine.

I think HBO is included in Amazon Prime?

LiddyRules

I was about to sign up for filmstruck a while back, but then didn’t because a magician turned my fire stick into a magic wand.

And of course I’m all in on Disney streaming just so I can hate-watch the Star Wars show. You will be too.
At best I'll Discovery it - acquire it through nefarious means.

I have cable. Netflix because it was first, and I still get discs. Amazon but only because I have Amazon Prime; I wouldn't get the streaming special.

That's it.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator

Verizon Fios with all the premium channels, Netflix (streaming and discs), and Amazon Prime.

Occasionally I will sign up for sites like Warner Brothers Archive and FlixFling.

Like @Pigdango, I could see myself cutting back cable to the just the basic channels and a sports package. But at the end of day, if cutting the cord is going to wind up as just being as expensive as having cable or become inconvenient, then I will just stick with what I have.

LiddyRules

Would anyone pay for Amazon Prime Streaming if it was its own surcharge?

Pigdango

Donator
Would anyone pay for Amazon Prime Streaming if it was its own surcharge?
I think I would now because I’ve actually enjoyed some of their original series, and they seem to have more movies streaming than Netflix. At least, more of the type I enjoy. Their recommendations and search function also seem better to me.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I have Netflix and Prime without a television. I don't even really need Netflix, but I keep it because I've had it for years. Prime's mostly due to my book addiction.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator

Zero. No cable TV. I cancelled Netflix for discs last month.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator

I've got DirecTV Now for shitty cable, I've got Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, and I use an antenna mainly to catch that old Game Show channel.