Film and Television Recommendations

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Yup. I had Netflix for 17 years, Amazon Prime for three. Dabbled in a few of the others. But 500 Mb/s internet covers everything.
Works well for everything but sports and you arent a sporty guy as far as I know. I still feel like I should pay for a few things to keep my conscience clear.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Works well for everything but sports and you arent a sporty guy as far as I know. I still feel like I should pay for a few things to keep my conscience clear.
I'll probably eventually go back to Netflix for just DVDs. Pirates are notoriously skimpy on quality when it comes to old TV shows and lesser-known old movies. Plus there's the conscience thing. This is the first month in decades I haven't been specifically paying for some sort of video entertainment.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I don't pay for anything either, beyond Prime. Most sports I care about are available via my hd antenna. I missed the news for a while but not anymore.

I have Netflix and Prime and still have cable with all the premiums. I plan to streamline eventually but just haven’t made the time to research everything.

My thought is that I’d be able to cut Cable back to maybe just basic plus a sports package (if they have it) and then have
Netflix
Prime
Hulu
Disney
Filmstruck
TubiTV - this is a free app I just found that has a decent selection of movies and shows with just a couple commercials before it starts. Some decent stuff like Hurt Locker but also a lot of bottom of the barrel stuff - might be a HitW goldmine.

I think HBO is included in Amazon Prime?
HBO's series are available beyond the last three years for free with Amazon Prime.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Here's a stupid idea. The next time there's some sort of serialzed, whodunnit mystery show - regardless of quality - want to watch and solve together?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Here's a stupid idea. The next time there's some sort of serialzed, whodunnit mystery show - regardless of quality - want to watch and solve together?
im in if we dont have to watch each episode as a group. just set a day(s) we discuss each new ep like if the new one comes on a friday than from say mon-thurs we discuss that ep. give ppl 2 days to see it before we talk about it cuz spoilers. something like that. just an idea off the top of my head

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'll throw a possibility out there...American Vandal. It's a parody show but it's supposed to be good and I think it has a clear whodunnit aspect.

It's hard to know which ones are truly whodunnit.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I'll throw a possibility out there...American Vandal. It's a parody show but it's supposed to be good and I think it has a clear whodunnit aspect.

It's hard to know which ones are truly whodunnit.
it is and kinda sorta

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Expand a little on that?
it doesnt have a clear whodunnit. look
they make a great case for the kid in the main mystery. then he does something really dumb at the end that casts serious doubt on the case they made for him near the end. they really leave it up to you to decide if he did the original act or not. he does not help himself in anyway and it doesnt end on a happy note in any way shape or form at the end.
but id love to rewatch and discuss with all of you what you think. i have my own theory but i wont discuss it here

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
it doesnt have a clear whodunnit. look

but id love to rewatch and discuss with all of you what you think. i have my own theory but i wont discuss it here
I don't want to look at the spolier. Two questions...

Was it good? Sounds like it.

Even though it doesn't have a clear whodunnit, does it work for what we are trying to do?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
I don't want to look at the spolier. Two questions...

Was it good? Sounds like it.

Even though it doesn't have a clear whodunnit, does it work for what we are trying to do?
yes it was really really good. esp considering it was done by a 18yr old.
yes it absolutely would. there is a fuck load to talk about. i sugguest we take it 1 ep at a time and do like i said with a watching period say fri-sun and a discussion period of mon-thurs. there is so much info to talk about i figure we need 4 days to talk about each ep. we prolly could do 2 weeks just talking about ball hairs on the dicks.

oh if you dont know what its about a high school kid was accused of spray painting dicks on 20+ and slashing the tires 1 teachers cars. its all about dicks yall fags will be in heaven

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
yes it absolutely would. there is a fuck load to talk about. i sugguest we take it 1 ep at a time and do like i said with a watching period say fri-sun and a discussion period of mon-thurs. there is so much info to talk about i figure we need 4 days to talk about each ep. we prolly could do 2 weeks just talking about ball hairs on the dicks.

oh if you dont know what its about a high school kid was accused of spray painting dicks on 20+ and slashing the tires 1 teachers cars. its all about dicks yall fags will be in heaven
Sounds like a good possibility.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator

Do you watch it with your male roommate?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Has anyone seen Counterpart?
Just starting this now. About halfway through the first ep; JK Simmons plays the dual role very convincingly. Meek and mild meets jaded and snarky; very nicely done. Will hold off on further observations until I get through a few more episodes.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Just starting this now. About halfway through the first ep; JK Simmons plays the dual role very convincingly. Meek and mild meets jaded and snarky; very nicely done. Will hold off on further observations until I get through a few more episodes.
So I'm on episode 7 now, and really like it so far. The story's fairly basic, but the acting is very good. Glad I decided to give it a shot.

@Hog's Big Ben @Stormrider666

I have zero interest in signing up for another Streaming Service. I don't care how many Marvel and Star Wars things the Disney Streaming churns out, those hold zero interest to me. But this might sway me...

https://www.filmstruck.com/us/sign-up

Filmstruck. It's a movie streaming service with Criterion and, just announced today, the TCM catalogue.
Well its a good thing that I didn't sign up for Filmstruck:

WarnerMedia’s FilmStruck Subscription-Streaming Service to Shut Down

The FilmStruck indie, arthouse and classic film subscription-streaming service will shut down next month, Turner and Warner Bros. Digital Networks announced Friday.

The move appeared to be the latest by WarnerMedia, under AT&T’s ownership, to streamline operations by cutting niche-oriented business ventures. Two sources familiar with the decision said the plan to kill FilmStruck was made prior to AT&T’s closing the Time Warner deal; in any case, the strategy aligns with the new WarnerMedia blueprint to shift resources to mass-market entertainment services.

The FilmStruck business will cease U.S. and international operations on Nov. 29, 2018, and the service stopped accepting signups on Oct. 26. A Turner rep declined to comment on how many employees will be affected by the closure or provide info on how many employees work on FilmStruck.

In a statement, Turner and WB Digital Networks said, “We’re incredibly proud of the creativity and innovations produced by the talented and dedicated teams who worked on FilmStruck over the past two years. While FilmStruck has a very loyal fanbase, it remains largely a niche service. We plan to take key learnings from FilmStruck to help shape future business decisions in the direct-to-consumer space and redirect this investment back into our collective portfolios.”

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Well its a good thing that I didn't sign up for Filmstruck:

WarnerMedia’s FilmStruck Subscription-Streaming Service to Shut Down

The FilmStruck indie, arthouse and classic film subscription-streaming service will shut down next month, Turner and Warner Bros. Digital Networks announced Friday.

The move appeared to be the latest by WarnerMedia, under AT&T’s ownership, to streamline operations by cutting niche-oriented business ventures. Two sources familiar with the decision said the plan to kill FilmStruck was made prior to AT&T’s closing the Time Warner deal; in any case, the strategy aligns with the new WarnerMedia blueprint to shift resources to mass-market entertainment services.

The FilmStruck business will cease U.S. and international operations on Nov. 29, 2018, and the service stopped accepting signups on Oct. 26. A Turner rep declined to comment on how many employees will be affected by the closure or provide info on how many employees work on FilmStruck.

In a statement, Turner and WB Digital Networks said, “We’re incredibly proud of the creativity and innovations produced by the talented and dedicated teams who worked on FilmStruck over the past two years. While FilmStruck has a very loyal fanbase, it remains largely a niche service. We plan to take key learnings from FilmStruck to help shape future business decisions in the direct-to-consumer space and redirect this investment back into our collective portfolios.”
Does this change your stance on Disney Streaming? @Pigdango wants to know