Film and Television Recommendations

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Does this change your stance on Disney Streaming? @Pigdango wants to know
I was reading up on the Disney Streaming earlier this week. It seems the Fox content, at least the R rated content, will be streamed on Hulu. I've been meaning to learn more about Hulu to see if it was worth adding. I guess I'll wait til the merger is finalized.

Also, Disney accidentally sold the streaming rights to the original 6 Star Wars films to Turner when it sold the broadcast rights, so the original 6 films won't be available to stream until 2024. :haha7:

I'll still get it of course for the MCU Limited Series and the Star Wars show. Even at $10 a month it's worth it to me for those series alone. Plus it seems fairly evident that the Netflix shows will all be canceled and those characters will move to Disney Streaming - if they have a future at all. But for folks not interested in those things, I can see why they wouldn't want the service.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
I was reading up on the Disney Streaming earlier this week. It seems the Fox content, at least the R rated content, will be streamed on Hulu. I've been meaning to learn more about Hulu to see if it was worth adding. I guess I'll wait til the merger is finalized.

Also, Disney accidentally sold the streaming rights to the original 6 Star Wars films to Turner when it sold the broadcast rights, so the original 6 films won't be available to stream until 2024. :haha7:

I'll still get it of course for the MCU Limited Series and the Star Wars show. Even at $10 a month it's worth it to me for those series alone. Plus it seems fairly evident that the Netflix shows will all be canceled and those characters will move to Disney Streaming - if they have a future at all. But for folks not interested in those things, I can see why they wouldn't want the service.
I'm interested enough but there's just so much stuff out there, okay? And a person only has so many hours in the day, okay?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Well its a good thing that I didn't sign up for Filmstruck:

WarnerMedia’s FilmStruck Subscription-Streaming Service to Shut Down

The FilmStruck indie, arthouse and classic film subscription-streaming service will shut down next month, Turner and Warner Bros. Digital Networks announced Friday.

The move appeared to be the latest by WarnerMedia, under AT&T’s ownership, to streamline operations by cutting niche-oriented business ventures. Two sources familiar with the decision said the plan to kill FilmStruck was made prior to AT&T’s closing the Time Warner deal; in any case, the strategy aligns with the new WarnerMedia blueprint to shift resources to mass-market entertainment services.

The FilmStruck business will cease U.S. and international operations on Nov. 29, 2018, and the service stopped accepting signups on Oct. 26. A Turner rep declined to comment on how many employees will be affected by the closure or provide info on how many employees work on FilmStruck.

In a statement, Turner and WB Digital Networks said, “We’re incredibly proud of the creativity and innovations produced by the talented and dedicated teams who worked on FilmStruck over the past two years. While FilmStruck has a very loyal fanbase, it remains largely a niche service. We plan to take key learnings from FilmStruck to help shape future business decisions in the direct-to-consumer space and redirect this investment back into our collective portfolios.”
Criterion launched their own streaming service.

https://www.criterionchannel.com/